Author Topic: Mufti Menk  (Read 271 times)

Sarah

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
Mufti Menk
« on: March 30, 2021, 09:30:13 PM »
Peace

Is it wrong if I listen to Mufti Menk lectures?

Sometimes he talks about God in a nice way and there are lectures on various topics. I guess I like some of his lectures because he's passionate about the subject and if I watch a lecture on hope when I need some hope, it makes me feel a bit more hopeful. I also watch motivational videos so I find it similar if you understand what I mean. I tend to ignore the parts where he discusses hadith & sunnah, I just skip it. I don't view him as a scholar, just a guy giving some advice. In other words, I don't hold onto his every word. I may agree and disagree.

Obviously I am against scholars being taken as religious authorities where they make fatwas, tell us something is haram when it is not or have false interpretations of Quranic verses. I don't believe I need to listen to any scholar for religious reasons.
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
Re: Mufti Menk
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 01:53:23 PM »
I kinda like the guy. I sometimes listen to his lectures. I dont think they are very sectarian in nature. He is usually going for common sense.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Neptin

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 10:22:04 PM »
He makes money from talking about Islam, and teaching Islam. To me that's a bad sign. I have no real issue from the little I've heard from him. But I'm repelled by any one who makes money from any form of ideological movement, religious or non-religious. That's also another reason why I can't get behind Muslim speakers like Nouman Ali Khan.

I don't care if you're a scholar or not. If you want to make money, make it outside of Islam.
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
Flames Of Truth

Amra94

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 10:36:29 AM »
He makes money from talking about Islam, and teaching Islam. To me that's a bad sign. I have no real issue from the little I've heard from him. But I'm repelled by any one who makes money from any form of ideological movement, religious or non-religious. That's also another reason why I can't get behind Muslim speakers like Nouman Ali Khan.

I don't care if you're a scholar or not. If you want to make money, make it outside of Islam.
True that. Dont follow those who ask for money. (36:21)

Dolphin

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 02:22:26 PM »
Promotes the light side of Islam with positive vibes but ultimately a hyprocrite. Joel Osteen type,  who use to appease me  during my younger years Joel. Very shrewd  and wolves in sheep clothing, tapped into the modern era of positive engergy attraction to reach world scale audience-ship. They know what there doing