Author Topic: Animal suffering  (Read 526 times)

Sarah

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
Animal suffering
« on: March 07, 2021, 02:11:48 AM »
Peace

Why does God let animals suffer and be tortured to death? I am not blaming God, I just don't understand why it happens. I can't help but remember those slaughter house videos and intensive farming videos. There was a video where chickens were faced upside down, clipped to machines and then decapitated. Each animal SEES it happening to the animal next to it. Imagine if they were a human. Human beings clipped upside down from a machine that stops for a moment, decapitates then the whole machine violently shakes and moves, decapitates again. Imagine the HORROR of it. The FEAR. The depressing state of affairs. The person next to you is alive and the next moment they have no head, are not moving and blood dripping to the floor. Male baby chicks on their first day of life are grinded ALIVE because they are seen as 'useless'. Doesn't this remind you of anything such as Pharaoh? Other chickens are thrown into boiling water ALIVE with nothing to prevent the torture and pain :( It is terrorism towards animals in the countries we live in particularly the USA. To think those animals never did anything to truly hurt anyone, so the most innocent of creatures are tortured to death??? It doesn't make any sense to me.

'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +6/-2
Re: Animal suffering
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 07:03:16 AM »

The devil s advocate view:

We humans are an intellectual and highly communicative species that uses emotion-laden words and body language to convey thoughts. It is fairly easy to understand, or at least see, the agony a fellow human being can be in because of the attributes we associate with it. With other animals, however, identifying suffering becomes much more complex.
Animals more closely related to our species, such as chimpanzees, demonstrate similar emotional and intellectual qualities that often lead humans to more readily apply moral and ethical reasoning in regards to their welfare.
Other animals, however, such as snakes or goldfish, may seem to be so distant from humans that it is hard to find the same concern for them (Mather, 2001). While our tests for emotion and intelligence may not reveal any substantial results for these types of animals, it is also fair to question if they are simply inadequate tests based on faulty human interpretation of non-translatable factors.

How can we then determine which animals suffer, to what degree they suffer, and whether or not humans should take these factors into consideration in the treatment of those animals?
While emotion is probably the most accessible indicator of an animal’s distress, not all animals were created to outwardly express those feelings (for example, perhaps because they lack comparable human facial muscles). We must also consider the dual definitions or interpretations of the word ‘feelings’; there is a qualitative difference between expressing a physiological reaction to something unpleasant (e.g., a reflex, a purely physical and instinctual response) and cognitively appraising the cause and implications of that pain (e.g., psychological suffering)"

So why are domesticated animals allowed for us to eat? Is that not suffering of these animals?
Can can we humanely do that?

Now the general question is why has GOD allowed all of us here in the earth to share this "bizarre " life of a mixture of good and evil?

In reality it just depends on the human . Bad humans leads to oppression and suffering. Good humans have more compassion for GOD s creatures.
However all humans consume meat and farmers/keepers of Al Anaam/live stock  must survive.

So GOD does not interfere and break His promise of allowing humans their fife of "free choice" with responsibility on earth.

GOD is allowing both good and bad to exist . The humans are the ones making the decisions and the choices of what we see and live.

The animals have submitted ,declined the responsibility and accepted their roles . Their reward is awaiting them.

Do not worry,do something positive and helpful to all GOD s creatures,fight for justice and decency and  GOD will judge fairly on behalf of all the creatures.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 02:56:43 AM »
Salam Sarah!

You are right. Killing animals or any living being i.e., نفسا is cruelty.
Quran tells us that killing any living being is like you have killed the humanity.

{quran 5:32}
From time that, We ordained on (the) Children (of) Israel that he who kills a soul other than (for) a soul or (for) spreading corruption in the earth then (it) is as if he has killed [the] mankind all. and whoever saves it then (it) is as if he has saved [the] mankind all. And surely came to them Our Messengers with clear Signs yet, indeed, many of them after that in the earth (are) surely those who commit

Sadly نفسا is translated as 'human being', 'man', or 'person' which is inappropriate.

Peace!

Maha

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 01:11:24 AM »
Very good question, Sarah!

I went vegan many years ago, simply because I couldn't justify cruelty towards animals and I didn't wanted to be a part of it - becoming vegan was perhaps the best decision I ever took. I have also wondered about how God can allow such cruelty. But I think God doesn't allow it - its humans that allow it.

Peace.
''No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is''

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 12:17:19 PM »
Dear Maha!

Being vegan is not a perfect solution. You may eat vegetables and fruits but you should not eat or cut their plants. Science has already proven that plants are also living beings. They also have senses, they try to protect themselves and they communicate with each other as well.

Peace!

tlihawa

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 09:57:01 PM »
Why does God let animals suffer and be tortured to death?

Salamun alykum,

Who said that?
Never found any verses in Quran that let us to torture the animal and let them suffer.

Right, we eat it. But not torturing them and let them suffer. As far as I know, it is permissible for us to eat livestock meat,

5:1   O you who believe, fulfill the contracts. Permitted for you are the animal livestock, except that which is being recited to you—while maintaining the ban on hunting while you are under restriction. God decrees as He pleases.

so, what is the problem with this?

The problem is that we think too much of the imagination that animals are like humans. We don't know anything about that.

All of God's creations have their own purpose.

41:9            Say: "You are rejecting the One who has created the earth in two days, and you set up equals with Him. That is the Lord of the worlds."
41:10   And He placed in it stabilizers from above it, and He blessed it and established its provisions (nourish/food) in proportion in four days, to satisfy those who ask.

and animal meat is lawful, except what is forbidden.

And who are we who dare to judge God's provisions, only based on the conscience which is not necessarily true?

5:87   O you who believe, do not make forbidden the good things that God has made permissible to you, and do not aggress; God does not love the aggressors.

Do not make the meat forbidden for you only because you think this is against your conscience.

The story of Rasul Musa has taught us to always place our personal judgments based on divine revelation rather than conscience.

18:74   So they ventured forth until they came upon a boy, and he killed him. He said: "Have you killed an innocent person without justice? You have done something awful!"
18:75   He said: "Did I not tell you that you will not be able to have patience with me?"

There are many things that we don't know yet, just as the Rasul Musa did not know that the child who was killed would cause damage in the future.

But the order is crystal clear,

18:70   He said: "If you follow me, then do not ask about anything until I mention it to you."

And Ibrahim with his son didn't follow their conscience to cancel God's order.

Ibrahim and his son did not know what would happen to them, but they followed God's order.

So who are we only play with the imagination trying to cancel God's decree?

Peace

hawk99

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 07:40:47 AM »
Peace

Why does God let animals suffer and be tortured to death?

Peace Sarah, I don't know about the torture part of your question, but we humans eat
living things.  We eat animals after they die, we do not eat them alive.  We eat fruits
vegetables, grains, seeds and nuts after they are separated from their life sustaining
sources.

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

Amra94

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 10:28:33 AM »
God allows animal cruelty to exist because He allows evil to exist and everyone will be held accountable on the day of Judgment. Quranically factory farm way of raising and killing animals is clearly wrong (5:3). All we can do is not support companies that are not halal including buying animal byproducts like milk and eggs that come from factory farms. Most products come from these torture chambers so I'd say eat mostly a plant based diet.

Neptin

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 06:49:28 AM »
Good question. There can't be any honest response to this than, "I'm not sure." I think questions like these serve to humble us and get us understand why others may reject our ideology, how ever ideal and noble we think our ideology is.

I think it also serve as huge reminder that life is more complex than the simple moral philosophy of "Good vs Evil" which a lot of people operate by.

We can make every argument to justify animal slaughter, but at the end of the day, no animal want to be slaughtered.
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
Flames Of Truth

hawk99

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2021, 08:22:00 AM »
Peace,

Allah says it's lawful to eat meat, there is no intended torture in halal slaughter,
maybe some people think meat eating is forbidden but Allah says otherwise.

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden