Author Topic: True Salat & True Zakat According to the Quran  (Read 1108 times)

ThelosttruthsofIslam

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
True Salat & True Zakat According to the Quran
« on: February 16, 2021, 08:31:25 PM »
Dear Truth Seekers,

Allah would not WRITE Salat and Zakat for us without clearly detailing them both. That's the whole point of Allah writing (KATABA) them for us. When you write (KATABA) something, you document it.

But where did Allah document and write it? In the hadith as the associating Muslims claim or in the Quran that prophet Muhammad himself followed? I think the answer is clear.

In the Quran, Allah tells us to wash ourselves after using the restroom. Are SALAT, ZAKAT and FASTING (Siyyam) less important that washing ourselves? Of course NOT

SALAT, ZAKAT and FASTING (Siyyam) are the foundations of true Islam and that's why Lucifer (Iblis) targeted them and left washing ourselves after restroom alone.

I have made videos on the true Quranic Salat and Zakat. Please watch them and if you have any questions let me know and I will clearly explain them to you InShaAllah.

How To Say Prayers According to the Quran:
https://youtu.be/RXA87GANDtc

Times of Salat According to the Quran:
https://youtu.be/AORikooJs9c

Zakat According to the Quran:
https://youtu.be/RxG_AZWTPww

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
Re: True Salat & True Zakat According to the Quran
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 03:19:31 AM »
peace,

It might be nice to give a brief summary of your findings for each.

I haven't watched the above but you may find this helpful:
https://mypercept.co.uk/articles/problems-5-salat-Quran.html
https://mypercept.co.uk/articles/salat-timings-Quran.html
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +6/-2
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 07:32:09 AM »
Peace ThelosttruthsofIslam .

Here are the issues that I have with all opinions about QORAN.:

1- Why should you use verses that have not got salat as a subject in them to  clarify salat and others cannot?

2- Why is your translation  the one that is right and what evidence have you got that the prophet had the same view as yours and those after him have all been wrong?
3- I can clearly see that you are trying to connect verses that have different subjects and meanings to  salat, when he subject is not salat.

In short I would like to ask you two things:
1- Have you got  an obligation/task from GOD or authority to your views? 
2-Or do you accept that you may be wrong like we all do since GOD has not given us the job to be clarifiers for His deen. And the best we can say is that it is my opinion?

By all means provide your take like we all do, but GOD has promised to send "messengers" as clarifiers for the simple fact that most of us will have views and opinions that differ and GOD wants to establish the truth.
Of course if anyone claims that GOD has given them authority to clarify the message of Qoran ,then it is all our duty to check them out and see if they are right., then we may be justified in agreeing with them if  the message confirms it for us.
At the end of the day each will claim/and they are entitled to it, that they are following Qoran according to their own understanding
GOD bless you.
Peace
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/

ThelosttruthsofIslam

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 11:31:48 AM »
peace,

It might be nice to give a brief summary of your findings for each.

I haven't watched the above but you may find this helpful:
https://mypercept.co.uk/articles/problems-5-salat-Quran.html
https://mypercept.co.uk/articles/salat-timings-Quran.html

Thank you for the advice. I'll try to work on it this weekend when I have some off time. And I will definitely check the links you mentioned :)

ThelosttruthsofIslam

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 11:43:08 AM »
Peace ThelosttruthsofIslam .

Here are the issues that I have with all opinions about QORAN.:

1- Why should you use verses that have not got salat as a subject in them to  clarify salat and others cannot?

2- Why is your translation  the one that is right and what evidence have you got that the prophet had the same view as yours and those after him have all been wrong?
3- I can clearly see that you are trying to connect verses that have different subjects and meanings to  salat, when he subject is not salat.

In short I would like to ask you two things:
1- Have you got  an obligation/task from GOD or authority to your views? 
2-Or do you accept that you may be wrong like we all do since GOD has not given us the job to be clarifiers for His deen. And the best we can say is that it is my opinion?

By all means provide your take like we all do, but GOD has promised to send "messengers" as clarifiers for the simple fact that most of us will have views and opinions that differ and GOD wants to establish the truth.
Of course if anyone claims that GOD has given them authority to clarify the message of Qoran ,then it is all our duty to check them out and see if they are right., then we may be justified in agreeing with them if  the message confirms it for us.
At the end of the day each will claim/and they are entitled to it, that they are following Qoran according to their own understanding
GOD bless you.
Peace

Peace and blessings to you :)

I only use the verses that are strongly related to Salat because Salat is a specifically timed ritual for the believers.

Allah alone is my refuge if I ever claim to be something that I am NOT. I am probably a much worse person than most people in this forum. I am just connecting the dots in the Quran and hope and pray for all of us to once again follow the true religion of our prophet. The religion that was suppressed, suffocated and buried by the Umayyad associators after the prophet by killing his family and what was left of his disciples and true believers. 

If I ever say something that is NOT Quranic or if I am wrong, please point that out to me so I can investigate and correct myself. That would be a blessing for me.
But if I am saying something and quoting the Quran, then it is no longer my word but Allah's. At that point, I no longer matter.

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +6/-2
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 12:35:25 PM »
Peace ThelosttruthsofIslam.
Thank you for your reply.
I think you know that people read the same verses about the Salat and come up with 0,2 ,3 , 5 ... daily salat.

They all claim that they are only following GOD s words.
 For example I disagree with your take on 17:78 and  2:238 and I agree with this:
https://submission.org/Where_can_we_find_Salah.html

But it does not matter to me about others holding their views as they are entitled to them.
I look at the whole Qoran and its context . It is about the whole package of the deen and GOD s trial with it.

GOD has always clarified with sending messengers. Our cleverness and personal opinion can be a hinderance and  a barrier to salvation.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

ThelosttruthsofIslam

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 01:25:13 PM »
Interestingly, I am almost in full agreement with everything you said and I really liked the website you sent me. We just have some minor differences about some of the verses and their interpretations. I will have some more time this evening and maybe I can explain those two verses better. I am a slow typer so it usually takes me a while.

From your comments, I can sense that you are also awaiting the "Promised Messenger of The Covenant" as mentioned in the Quran. If that's the case, you might really enjoy my video about him:

Who is "The Promised Messenger of The Covenant" according to the Quran? | Quranic Conversations

https://youtu.be/YDaIYZQdons

I am hoping that with his advent as promised to us by Allah, we will have the final clarification that we are all waiting for.

I apologize if I understood wrong. Hopefully you don't find my comment and the video offending.

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +6/-2
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 03:04:55 AM »
Dear brother.
No,no no,I am not waiting for the messenger of the covenant. The ultimate messenger is with us :

O people of the scripture, our messenger has come to you to proclaim for you many things you have concealed in the scripture, and to pardon many other transgressions you have committed. A beacon has come to you from God, and a profound scripture.
يٰأَهلَ الكِتٰبِ قَد جاءَكُم رَسولُنا يُبَيِّنُ لَكُم كَثيرًا مِمّا كُنتُم تُخفونَ مِنَ الكِتٰبِ وَيَعفوا عَن كَثيرٍ قَد جاءَكُم مِنَ اللَّهِ نورٌ وَكِتٰبٌ مُبينٌ
With it, God guides those who seek His approval. He guides them to the paths of peace, leads them out of darkness into the light by His leave, and guides them in a straight path.
يَهدى بِهِ اللَّهُ مَنِ اتَّبَعَ رِضوٰنَهُ سُبُلَ السَّلٰمِ وَيُخرِجُهُم مِنَ الظُّلُمٰتِ إِلَى النّورِ بِإِذنِهِ وَيَهديهِم إِلىٰ صِرٰطٍ مُستَقيمٍ

The profound scripture Qoran is here as a messenger for all of us. All past or future messengers since Qoran will only provide this same message ; To follow only GOD Alone and His guidance.

Salat,Zakat, Sawm...etc are a not the priority of the "deen", they may be useful help ,but the main point is our total submission to GOD Alone and our intentions, behaviour -i.e The straight path-.
There is no other right religion that we are led to believe will save us . It is pointless doing salat, zakat ,sawm ..etc if we do not "straighten up- and follow GOD s path of justice, fairness, ...and kill our "ego/arrogance " by acknowledging that GOD Alone is the sole authority/power and Lord of everything. Strive to LOVE GOD AND LOVE EACH OTHER.

Like this, clear in Qoran:

The only religion approved by God is "Submission  to GOD s system /rule." Ironically, those who have received the scripture are the ones who dispute this fact, despite the knowledge they have received, due to jealousy. For such rejectors of God's revelations, God is most strict in reckoning.
إِنَّ الدّينَ عِندَ اللَّهِ الإِسلٰمُ وَمَا اختَلَفَ الَّذينَ أوتُوا الكِتٰبَ إِلّا مِن بَعدِ ما جاءَهُمُ العِلمُ بَغيًا بَينَهُم وَمَن يَكفُر بِـٔايٰتِ اللَّهِ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ سَريعُ الحِسابِ
If they argue with you, then say, "I have simply submitted myself to God; I and those who follow me." You shall proclaim to those who received the scripture, as well as those who did not, "Would you submit?" If they submit, then they have been guided, but if they turn away, your sole mission is to deliver this message. God is Seer of all people.
فَإِن حاجّوكَ فَقُل أَسلَمتُ وَجهِىَ لِلَّهِ وَمَنِ اتَّبَعَنِ وَقُل لِلَّذينَ أوتُوا الكِتٰبَ وَالأُمِّيّـۧنَ ءَأَسلَمتُم فَإِن أَسلَموا فَقَدِ اهتَدَوا وَإِن تَوَلَّوا فَإِنَّما عَلَيكَ البَلٰغُ وَاللَّهُ بَصيرٌ بِالعِبادِ
Those who have rejected God's revelations, and killed the prophets unjustly, and killed those who advocated justice among the people, promise them a painful retribution.
إِنَّ الَّذينَ يَكفُرونَ بِـٔايٰتِ اللَّهِ وَيَقتُلونَ النَّبِيّـۧنَ بِغَيرِ حَقٍّ وَيَقتُلونَ الَّذينَ يَأمُرونَ بِالقِسطِ مِنَ النّاسِ فَبَشِّرهُم بِعَذابٍ أَليمٍ

We may well argue about irrelevant details of Salat, Zakat, Sawm etc , but the main guiding factor and only authority is GOD Alone. Only by our sincere intentions and good conduct will we really strive for the good of ourselves and others.
GOD does not want hypocrisy and rigid rules. GOD wants good people who strive to make themselves and others better .Peaceful, just, curious about good knowledge  and caring .
Or are we to go the way religions have gone and insist on our rigid ways and false sectarianism?

"And do not believe except as those who follow your religion." Say, "The true guidance is God's guidance." If they claim that they have the same guidance, or argue with you about your Lord, say, "All grace is in God's hand; He bestows it upon whomever He wills." God is Bounteous, Omniscient.
وَلا تُؤمِنوا إِلّا لِمَن تَبِعَ دينَكُم قُل إِنَّ الهُدىٰ هُدَى اللَّهِ أَن يُؤتىٰ أَحَدٌ مِثلَ ما أوتيتُم أَو يُحاجّوكُم عِندَ رَبِّكُم قُل إِنَّ الفَضلَ بِيَدِ اللَّهِ يُؤتيهِ مَن يَشاءُ وَاللَّهُ وٰسِعٌ عَليمٌ
He specifies His mercy for whomever He wills; God possesses unlimited grace.
يَختَصُّ بِرَحمَتِهِ مَن يَشاءُ وَاللَّهُ ذُو الفَضلِ العَظيمِ

May the Lord guide us to His truth and make us better humans.
GOD bless you.
Peace.

tlihawa

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2021, 09:25:06 AM »

Zakat According to the Quran:

Salaam ThelosttruthsofIslam,
thanks for sharing these videos. I've watched them and couldn't agree more on Zakat.

I have practiced giving sadaqa and infaq as much as 20% of my net income. At the very beginning I was only count 20% of the excess after my monthly expenses. But as my income increased, now I calculated it from the total net income.

This is just because,

5:48 ...so race to do good. To God you will return all of you, and He will inform you regarding that in which you dispute.

I don't want to lose the race to do good to the people of the book who spend 10% of their income for charity, although many of them failed as described in verse below,

34:45   And those before them had also denied, while they did not reach one tenth of what We had given them, but they denied My messengers; so how was My retribution?

I also interested in the way you explain what they called "shahada" in the second video, just want to add something regarding that from my old post,

Peace Mohf,
I don't think so. But I think you want to consider this:

The Munafiquun

Who are they?

9:101   And from among the Arabs around you are hypocrites, and from among the people of the city, they persist in hypocrisy. You do not know them, but We know them. We will punish them twice, then they will be returned to a great punishment.

What they have done?

4:81   And they say: "Obedience" but when they come out from being with you a group of them prepares for other than what you have said, and God records what they planned. So turn away from them and put your trust in God. God is enough for your trust.

What they had planned, which was written by God?

63:1   When the hypocrites come to you they say: "We bear witness that you are the messenger of God." And God knows that you are His messenger, and God bears witness that the hypocrites are liars.

God knows that Muhammad is His Messenger, NOT the human. This is the thing that have been taught in Quran.

6:19   Say: "Which is the greatest testimony?" Say: "God is witness between me and you, and He has inspired to me this Qur'an that I may warn you with it and whoever it reaches, that you are bearing witness that with God are other gods!" Say: "I do not bear witness!" Say: "He is only One god, and I am innocent of what you have set up!"

Nobody which uphold the God's word will testify about Muhammad, messenger of the God. Only God could do that.

This is the only way for the prophet to recognize the munafiqun around him. God didn't mention their name one by one, but provide a guidance to distinguish them.

So to me, that's the legacy of Munafiquun, and I wouldn't do that.

Peace

6:19 is the greatest testimony, and even if we have to testify, just say,

4:79   Any good that befalls you is due to God, and any evil that befalls you is due to yourself. We have sent you as a messenger to the people and God is enough as a witness.

For the salat itself, I would like to share what I've been doing so far in the separate message.

Peace

tlihawa

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2021, 10:25:39 AM »

Salaam ThelosttruthsofIslam,
This is a nice video and really appreciate your work to extract the information regarding Salat only from Quran.

I used to performed salat as ritual by standing, bowing and prostrations at the specified time. This is happened when I just moved from traditional belief to Quran only and I started to questioning everything including my Salat.

I tested my understanding from multiple points of view, and tried to match it from different verse contexts. And everything was fine until I found this verse,

5:106   O you who believe, witnessing shall be done if death is approaching one of you and a will is being made-by two who are equitable amongst you. Or, by two others from other than you if you have gone forth in the land and death is approaching. If you have doubt regarding them, then you will hold them after SALAT, and let them swear by God: "We will not purchase with it any price, even if it was from a near relative, and we will not conceal the testimony of God, else we are of the sinners."

So these two witnesses could be from among the mukmin (followers of Muhammad), or the other than that if there's no mukmin around us at that time (it could be Jewish, Nazarenes, or Sabians).

I try to simulate that events, say that I'm travelling to another country and death is approaching while all the notary/attorney available to witness/notarize the will is not mukmin. How am I gonna hold them after Salat? If the word salat is something they are not familiar with or something that they don't understand, Should I teach them how to perform Salat from standing to prostrations? I could be not in the good conditions when dead is approaching, and they don't necessarily want to do that.

So I tried to look for better explanation of Salat in Quran, here is from my old posts,

Peace,
I've been search for literal translation of salla, but still cannot find the right word to explain what salla is.
So I just try to grab the meaning of salat by reading the following verses:

75:31 falā saddaqa walā sallā
75:32 walākin kadhaba watawallā

75:31   For he did not believe nor salla
75:32   But he denied and turned away.

So the saddaqa is the opposite of kadhaba, and salla is the opposite of turned away. So the word represent the salla here is straightaway or commitment.

But sometimes I found in Quran the word of Salla means to straightaway of something or commitment on something, depend on the context of verses.

Here is the examples:

4:89   They hope that you will reject as they have rejected, then you will be the same. Do not take any of them as allies until they emigrate in the cause of God. If they turn away, then take them and kill them wherever you find them; and do not take from them any ally or supporter.
4:90   Except for those who reach a people with whom you have a covenant, or if they come to you with a reluctance in their chests to fight you or to fight their own people. Had God willed He would have given them strength and they would have fought you. But if they retire from you, and do not fight you, and they offer you peace; then God does not make for you a path against them.

The verses above talking about war against the Rejecter and also covenant of peace with the Rejecter. Starting from here, we will talk about the commitment (Salla) of the covenant of peace.

and let see the next verses:

4:101   And if you go forth in the land, then there is no harm that you taqsurū mina l-salati, if you fear that the rejecters will try you. The rejecters are to you a clear enemy.
4:102   And if you are with them (the rejecters) and you lead salata for them, then let a group from among them stand with you and let them bring their weapons; and when they have sajadū then let them be behind you; and let a group who has not yet yusallu come and falyusallu with you, and let them be wary and let them bring their weapons with them. The rejecters hope that you would neglect your weapons and goods so they can come upon you in one blow. There is no sin upon you if you are impeded by rainfall, or if you are ill, that you place down your weapons. And be wary. God has prepared for the rejecters a humiliating retribution.

I let the word solaa untranslated so we can see how it works.

let's analyze the first untranslated words: taqsuru minalsalati.

taqsuru come from triliteral root qaf-sad-ra means shortened, ceased, restrained, palace, fortress.

In this context, which the salaa means commitment regarding the covenant of peace, so the best word to describe taqsuru is restrained or ceased.

4:101   And if you go forth in the land, then there is no harm that you restrained the commitment (of peace), if you fear that the rejecters will try you. The rejecters are to you a clear enemy.

and the next verse will be:

4:102   And if you are with them (the rejecters) and you lead the commitment (of peace) for them, then let a group from among them stand with you and let them bring their weapons; and when they have /agreed/consented/submissive (sajadū) then let them be behind you; and let a group who has not yet committed come and committed with you, and let them be wary and let them bring their weapons with them. The rejecters hope that you would neglect your weapons and goods so they can come upon you in one blow. There is no sin upon you if you are impeded by rainfall, or if you are ill, that you place down your weapons. And be wary. God has prepared for the rejecters a humiliating retribution.

So the Salla here is about comitment to covenant of peace. In 4:101, the prophet has been warned to restrained his commitment (of peace). In case another Rejecter (who didn't commit to the covenant of peace) will strike back, along the journey to the place of meeting, and during the meeting. The restrained commitment is meant to be wary, since the prophet could not 100% sure about the rejecter position.

and the next verse:

4:103   Then, if you have completed commitment (restrained one), remember God while standing, or sitting, or on your sides. Then, if you are secure, hold the commitment (full commitment). Indeed, the commitment for the believers is a Book that is scheduled.

another example is about commitment on trading.

the prerequisites here is to understand that :

Yaumil Jumuah/Gathering Day (62:9) = Yawmil Jam'i/Gathering Day (64:9) = Yaumul Taghabuni/Day of mutual gain and loss (in the context of trade) (64:9) = Yaumil Qiyamati/the Day of assembly (45:26) = Yaumun la bay'un/ No trading day (2:254).

So the Yaumil Jumuah (gathering day) must be understood that it is not Friday or the sixth day in a week, but it's the day which hasn't come yet, and will be coming someday and also known as the day of ressurection.

Now let's get into the verse:

62:9   yāayyuhā alladhīnaāmanū idhā nūdiya lilssalati min yawmil-jumuati fa-is'aw ilā dhik'ri l-lahi wadharū l-bay'a dhālikum khayrun lakum in kuntum ta'lamūna
62:9   O you who believe, when the call is made for the commitment of the day of gathering, then you shall hasten towards the remembrance of God, and cease all trading. This is better for you, if only you knew.

Beware that the verse has used the word min before the yaumil jumuah to prevent the meaning "at the day". So it should be "of the day".

There are three things in the verse:

- Commitment to the yaumil jumuah
- Get back to the dhikr'i (N) or remambrance of God
- Cease all trading

So context here is about trading. How to perform trading according to the dhikri (remembrance of god/Al Quran). As you can see in 62:9 and 64:9, that Yawmil Jumuah in 62:9 has the same word with the Yawmil Jam'i in 64:9. And in 64:9 you can find that Yawmil Jam'i also known as Yawmun Taghabuni, or The Day mutual gain or loss or cheat in trading, the same thing you can find in 2:254, Yaumun la bay'un.

64:9   The Day when He will gather you; the Day of Gathering; that is the Day of mutual gain and loss. And whoever believes in God and does good works, He will forgive his sins, and will admit him into estates with rivers flowing beneath them, abiding therein eternally. Such is the great triumph.

What we can find that Salaa in 62:9 means commitment to prepare ourself before the day of gathering (also known as no trading day) has come. So we must understand how to trade correctly according to the Al Quran.

Why we need to cease the trading then?

It's caused by one of basic principles of trading is not easy to understand for some people as shown in the following verse:

2:275   Those who consume usury (riba) do not rise except as one being influenced by the touch of the devil. That is because they have said: "Trade is the same as usury (riba)." While God has made trade lawful, and He has made usury unlawful. Whoever has received understanding from His Lord and ceases, then he will be forgiven for what was before this and his case will be with God. But whoever returns, then they are the people of the Fire, in it they will abide.

So the believer must stop for a while to understand how the trading works, how the trading different than usury.

And if the commitment has been made and the concept has been fully understood, the believer can continue to the business.

62:10   Then, once the commitment is completed, you shall disperse through the land and seek the provisions of God, and remember God frequently that you may succeed.

Others basic principles of trading could be find in 2:188, 2:282, 17:35, and 24:37.

So that's all my opinion about Salaa.

Peace

and

from here,

Couldn't agree more, Taro Hiroshi.

IMHO, salaat is uphold God's reminder (dhikr).

20:14   "I am God, there is no god except Me, so serve Me and uphold commitment (wa aqimisalaata) for My reminder

God's reminder for mukmin is Quran. So, basically following God's rule in Quran is a form of salaat.

I agree with you regarding Quran speaks about every thing we need to know regarding salaat.

To uphold commitment (salaat) for God's reminder (Quran), first we need to start reading.

4:103 ..Indeed, the commitment for the believers is a Book that is scheduled.

First thing about salaat is we are commanded to read the Quran on daily basis, scheduled. You can do it while you're standing, or sitting, or on your sides.

So I set my personal alarm like this:

based on:

11:114 And uphold the commitment at two ends of the day, and the near side of the night. The good deeds take away the bad. This is a reminder to those who remember.

17:78 Uphold the commitment at the rubbing of the sun, until the darkening of the night; and the Qur'an at dawn-the Qur'an at dawn is witnessed

"Quranal fajri" means reading at the dawn and "bacaan petang" means reading at the dusk.

and additional reading at night :

17:79 And from the night, as an addition, you shall reflect upon it for yourself, perhaps your Lord would grant you a station that is praiseworthy.

this additional reading has been explained in detail in following verses:

73:20   Your Lord knows that you rise a little less than two thirds of the night, and half of it, and one third of it; and a group of those who are with you. And God measures the night and the day. He knows that you will not be able to keep-up, so He pardons you. So read what is made easy of the Quran. He knows that there will be sick among you, and others that go forth in the land seeking from the bounty of God, and others who are fighting in the cause of God, so read what you can of it..

Just read as much as you can for additional reading.

Ok, so now uphold commitment (aqimusalaa) to kitabun mawqutan (a Book that is scheduled) is already clear to me. What's next?

Uphold commitment for the things I've already know from kitab.

For example:

Being honest and trustworthy in business/trading

Salatil min Yaumil Jumuah explain so much about this..

before go to the verses I would like to share my understanding about yaumil jumuah:

Yaumil Jumuah/Gathering Day (62:9) = Yawmil Jam'i/Gathering Day (64:9) = Yaumul Taghabuni/Day of mutual gain and loss (in the context of trading) (64:9) = Yaumil Qiyamati/the Day of assembly (45:26) = Yaumun la bay'un/ No trading day (2:254).

So the Yaumil Jumuah (gathering day) must be understood that it is not Friday or the sixth day in a week, but it's the day which hasn't come yet, and will be coming someday and also known as the day of ressurection.

Ok so let see,

62:9   yāayyuhā alladhīnaāmanū idhā nūdiya lilssalati min yawmil-jumuati fa-is'aw ilā dhik'ri l-lahi wadharū l-bay'a dhālikum khayrun lakum in kuntum ta'lamūna
62:9   O you who believe, when the call is made for the commitment of the day of gathering, then you shall hasten towards the remembrance of God, and cease all trading. This is better for you, if only you knew.

Please be aware that the verse has used the word min before the yaumil jumuah to prevent the meaning "at the day". So it should be "of the day".

There are three things in the verse:

- Calling the commitment of the yaumil jumuah
- Get back to the dhikr'i (N) or God's reminder
- Cease all trading

So context here is about business/trading. How to perform business/trading according to the dhikri (God's reminder/Al Quran). As you can see in 62:9 and 64:9, that Yawmil Jumuah in 62:9 has the same word with the Yawmil Jam'i in 64:9. And in 64:9 you can find that Yawmil Jam'i also known as Yawmun Taghabuni, or The Day mutual gain or loss or cheat in business/trading, the same thing you can find in 2:254, Yaumun la bay'un.

64:9   The Day when He will gather you; the Day of Gathering; that is the Day of mutual gain and loss. And whoever believes in God and does good works, He will forgive his sins, and will admit him into estates with rivers flowing beneath them, abiding therein eternally. Such is the great triumph.

What we can find that Salaa in 62:9 means commitment to prepare ourselves before the day of gathering (also known as no trading day) comes. How to perform business/trading according to Quran.

Why we need to cease the trading then?

It caused by one of basic principles of business/trading is not easy to understand for some people as shown in the following verse:

2:275   Those who consume usury (riba) do not rise except as one being influenced by the touch of the devil. That is because they have said: "Trade is the same as usury (riba)." While God has made trade lawful, and He has made usury unlawful. Whoever has received understanding from His Lord and ceases, then he will be forgiven for what was before this and his case will be with God. But whoever returns, then they are the people of the Fire, in it they will abide.

So the believer must stop for a while to understand how the trading works, how the trading different than usury.

And if the commitment has been made or the concept has been fully understood, the believer can continue to the business.

62:10   Then, once the commitment is completed, you shall disperse through the land and seek the provisions of God, and remember God frequently that you may succeed.

Others basic principles of trading could be found in 2:188, 2:282, 17:35, and 24:37.

Adhere to the agreement

2:177 ...and those who keep their pledges when they make a pledge..

When you do a business, just keep adhere to your agreement. That's a salaat (commitment).

Avoid to have a business deal with your partners while you get drunk, unless you know what you're saying.

4:43   O you who believe, do not come near the commitment while you are intoxicated, until you know what you are saying.

this is to avoid you have promised on something that you can't remember or fulfill.

The reason behind this is clear:

5:91  The devil only wants to cause strife between you through intoxicants (khamr) and gambling, and to repel you away from remembering God and from the commitment. Will you be deterred?

One more example regarding the will

5:106   O you who believe, witnessing shall be done if death is approaching one of you and a will is being made-by two who are equitable amongst you. Or, by two man other than you if you have gone forth in the land and death is approaching. If you have doubt regarding them, then you will hold them after making the commitment, and let them swear by God: "We will not purchase with it any price, even if it was from a near relative, and we will not conceal the testimony of God, else we are of the sinners.

Imagine when you are travelling to other countries, let say Peru, South America. And something serious happen, the death is approaching. You are trying to make a will for your families and others, but you cannot find "people among you" means in the same creed. There is a lawyer and his associates willing to help but they are both Christians. You just simply ask them to uphold commitment (salaat) and let them swear by the God. This is to uphold the commitment to God's reminder.

Basic concept of salaat is universal. Means that it will be easily understood by the people regardless their creed.

So my conclusions:

- If you're study quran at the dawn, and dusk until night, you upholding salaat
- If you avoid riba in business, being honest and trustworthy in trading, you upholding salaat
- If you managed to reject bribery, you upholding salaat
- If you have power and stay away from corruption, you upholding salaat
- If you keep your pledge while making a pledge, you upholding salaat
- If you managed to control the passions of lust, avoid cheating on your marriage, you upholding salaat
- If you wish to feed the poor and the orphans, you upholding salaat
- If you only use the original software, not making a piracy, only purchase music/videos from the official store, you upholding salaat
- and so on so forth

There's a lot of explanation in Quran regarding salaat depends on its context, and how to uphold it. All we need to do is study it based on prescribed schedule.

This is the goal of salaat:

29:45   Recite what is inspired to you of the Book and uphold the commitment, for the commitment prohibits immorality and vice; but certainly the reminder of God is the greatest. God knows everything you do.

Only your commitment will prohibits immorality and evil deeds.

Salaam

That's my current understanding of Salat. Salat is "not turn away" or "commitment". So back to 5:106,

5:106   O you who believe, witnessing shall be done if death is approaching one of you and a will is being made-by two who are equitable amongst you. Or, by two others from other than you if you have gone forth in the land and death is approaching. If you have doubt regarding them, then you will hold them in a commitment <SALAT>, and let them swear by God: "We will not purchase with it any price, even if it was from a near relative, and we will not conceal the testimony of God, else we are of the sinners."

Commitment or "not turn away" is something that is shared by everyone, especially those who deify God Almighty. so I feel very comfortable with this understanding.

Once again this just for sharing, I'm not trying to say that I'm right and you're wrong, since I do believe that,

17:84   Say: "Let each work according to his own. Your Lord is fully aware of who is best guided to the path."

we have to believe that only God can judge and fully aware who is best guided to the path.

and I would like to say,

3:7  ....and those who are well founded in knowledge; they say: "We believe in it, all is from our Lord." And none will remember except those who possess intelligence.

I respect all the thought as long as it's based on God's scripture.

Peace