Author Topic: We as Muslims Have Been Fasting the WRONG fast at the WORNG Time  (Read 1725 times)

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +4/-2
Re: We as Muslims Have Been Fasting the WRONG fast at the WORNG Time
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2021, 12:26:17 AM »

Peace everyone...
Give the right thing its true value.. But here the author has not brought any convincing facts.. We have been discussing this zakaria and Maryam's Sawm many a times in this forum.. Once Sister Hourya brought recently the same thing saying Siyam is meditating and nothing to do with restricting food and drink ...

https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9610862.0

Anyone thinks that Siyam is other than all knows then he or she has no proof within Quran...
For sure Sawm = abstinence of any type..
But Siyam is also Abstinence but food and drink and sex specifically...
What Maryam abstained (Sawm)  was a vow .. Which was merely abstained from talking to people in order for her to be free from discomfort from others and their queries..
Remember any human being can abstain(sawm) anything of their choice in the name of God merely or expecting something to accomplish for themselves.. It is a kind of vow.. Vows of any choice is completely allowed within Quran and it was even a practice of many believers since old time..
It is a self preference.. It won't make one a muththakun..
In the case of zakaria it was not a vow but mere abstinence from talking to people except sign language.. Probably not to his family but others.. But I. Zakaria case it has not stated Sawm either.. But it was a sign for him all alone.. In the end what he did was abstinence of sound while he is capable of speaking..

When it comes to Siyam 2:183-187 it is instructions to follow as it was prescribed to those before... They are not vow or mere abstinence of self choice... But according to clear instructions so that it may increase the faith to a level of Muttaqun...

So my clear instructions to those who do keep away from food and drink every year for minimum 3-30 days is just keep doing.. Quran is very clear..
Don't get confused by Maryam and zakaria.. They are just abstinence for their own sake.. One of them is a vow..

ThelosttruthsofIslam

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2021, 12:32:15 PM »

Peace everyone...
Give the right thing its true value.. But here the author has not brought any convincing facts.. We have been discussing this zakaria and Maryam's Sawm many a times in this forum.. Once Sister Hourya brought recently the same thing saying Siyam is meditating and nothing to do with restricting food and drink ...

https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9610862.0

Anyone thinks that Siyam is other than all knows then he or she has no proof within Quran...
For sure Sawm = abstinence of any type..
But Siyam is also Abstinence but food and drink and sex specifically...
What Maryam abstained (Sawm)  was a vow .. Which was merely abstained from talking to people in order for her to be free from discomfort from others and their queries..
Remember any human being can abstain(sawm) anything of their choice in the name of God merely or expecting something to accomplish for themselves.. It is a kind of vow.. Vows of any choice is completely allowed within Quran and it was even a practice of many believers since old time..
It is a self preference.. It won't make one a muththakun..
In the case of zakaria it was not a vow but mere abstinence from talking to people except sign language.. Probably not to his family but others.. But I. Zakaria case it has not stated Sawm either.. But it was a sign for him all alone.. In the end what he did was abstinence of sound while he is capable of speaking..

When it comes to Siyam 2:183-187 it is instructions to follow as it was prescribed to those before... They are not vow or mere abstinence of self choice... But according to clear instructions so that it may increase the faith to a level of Muttaqun...

So my clear instructions to those who do keep away from food and drink every year for minimum 3-30 days is just keep doing.. Quran is very clear..
Don't get confused by Maryam and zakaria.. They are just abstinence for their own sake.. One of them is a vow..

My Dear Brother,

Peace and Blessings be to you. My intention is NOT to prove myself or serve my ego or mislead other people. Allah alone is my refuge from all of those.

For the sake of example: Let me agree with you and concur what you just mentioned that FASTING is abstinence from both EATING AND DRINKING AND MARITAL RELATIONSHIP.

Then, I am going to read the below two verses, which prove without a doubt that when Quran mentions “Yom” or “AYYAM” for fasting or as you mentioned abstinence, it clearly means a 24-hour period of both “day” and “night” NONSTOP.

1) He said, "My Lord, make for me a sign." He said, "Your sign is that you will not (be able to) speak to the people for three (3) ay’yam (days plus nights; 72 hours NONSTOP) except by gesture. And remember your Lord much and glorify in the evening and the morning." (3:41)
2) (Zechariah) said, "My Lord, make for me a sign." He said, "Your sign is that you will not speak to the people for three nights, (while being) sound.“ (19:10)[/b]

There is absolutely NO WAY of getting around that UNLESS I disbelieve in the above two verses. If I did that, I would be stepping outside the boundary of the Quran and following my own whims and desires, which I can not do.

As a follower of the Quran, I would then read 2:184 and it says fasting is: "An enumerated number of “AYYAM” (day and night, 24-hour period)"

Then, I would read 2:185, the very next verse, which says:
"Allah wants ease for you and does not want hardship for you. And all this because you may complete the number and magnify Allah for having guided you and that you might be grateful".

As a believer and a follower of the Quran, I would put two and two together and combine 3:41, 19:10, 2:184 and 2:185 logically. I would realize that the number of AYYAM has to be fully completed.

I would then reach the very reasonable conclusion that fasting is a kind of abstinence that lasted for the duration of those enumerated AYYAM and included BOTH DAYS AND NIGHTS during those AYYAM.

Then, I would ask myself this question: Would it have been possible for any human beings to abstain from EATING AND DRINKING for 30 days and 30 nights?
I think the answer is clear. It would NOT have been possible at all. However, abstinence from talking except through gesture would have perfectly fit the bill. It would have perfectly been possible to abstain from talking except through gesture for 30 days and nights in a row. We know that many people would also do E'tekaf (reclusions) in mosques worshipping, praising and glorifying Allah.

However, NOT TALKING for 30 days and 30 nights would have also meant NOT talking to our pious and righteous wives who are Allah's gifts to us and we so dearly love and adore. Obviously, we would have gradually become sad and depressed for not being able to talk to them for such a long time. We are weak after all. Some believers (men and women) were weaker than some others and probably would act naughty  ;) and do things that we probably should NOT talk about in this forum  :o :-X

Then, I would read 2:187, which says:
It has been made permissible for you during the night of fasting conjugal speech with your wives. They are a clothing for you, and you are a clothing for them. Allah knows that you have been betraying yourselves, so He returned to you and forgave you. Therefore, from now on, communicate and have contact with them (your wives) AND seek that which Allah has decreed for you AND eat AND drink until the white thread of dawn becomes distinct to you from the black thread (of night). Then complete the fast until the night (after the end of the dusk period, which starts with sunset and ends with night). And do not communicate and have contact with them as long as you are in reclusion in the mosques

As a seeker of truth, the Quran makes complete sense. As you can see, The Quran is very consistent.

Please keep in mind that word "Tubashiruhunna" is the same root as "Bashir" and "Mubash'shir". If "Tubashiruhunna" meant "having sexual relationship" then, we could conclude that a "Bashir" or a "mubash'shir" would mean a "A Very Active Professional Sex Worker"  >:D :-X :o 8)(May Allah forgive me for saying that). "Tubashiruhunna" means having talks and pleasantries.

I hope it makes better sense now and thank you for taking the time reading my comments. I really appreciate it. I was not aware of the other forum. I will definitely check the link you sent. I am so glad there are other believers who believe in the same thing that I believe in.

Mahdi

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +4/-2
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2021, 06:42:54 PM »
My Dear Brother,

Peace and Blessings be to you. My intention is NOT to prove myself or serve my ego or mislead other people. Allah alone is my refuge from all of those.

For the sake of example: Let me agree with you and concur what you just mentioned that FASTING is abstinence from both EATING AND DRINKING AND MARITAL RELATIONSHIP.

Then, I am going to read the below two verses, which prove without a doubt that when Quran mentions “Yom” or “AYYAM” for fasting or as you mentioned abstinence, it clearly means a 24-hour period of both “day” and “night” NONSTOP.

1) He said, "My Lord, make for me a sign." He said, "Your sign is that you will not (be able to) speak to the people for three (3) ay’yam (days plus nights; 72 hours NONSTOP) except by gesture. And remember your Lord much and glorify in the evening and the morning." (3:41)
2) (Zechariah) said, "My Lord, make for me a sign." He said, "Your sign is that you will not speak to the people for three nights, (while being) sound.“ (19:10)[/b]

There is absolutely NO WAY of getting around that UNLESS I disbelieve in the above two verses. If I did that, I would be stepping outside the boundary of the Quran and following my own whims and desires, which I can not do.

As a follower of the Quran, I would then read 2:184 and it says fasting is: "An enumerated number of “AYYAM” (day and night, 24-hour period)"

Then, I would read 2:185, the very next verse, which says:
"Allah wants ease for you and does not want hardship for you. And all this because you may complete the number and magnify Allah for having guided you and that you might be grateful".

As a believer and a follower of the Quran, I would put two and two together and combine 3:41, 19:10, 2:184 and 2:185 logically. I would realize that the number of AYYAM has to be fully completed.

I would then reach the very reasonable conclusion that fasting is a kind of abstinence that lasted for the duration of those enumerated AYYAM and included BOTH DAYS AND NIGHTS during those AYYAM.

Then, I would ask myself this question: Would it have been possible for any human beings to abstain from EATING AND DRINKING for 30 days and 30 nights?
I think the answer is clear. It would NOT have been possible at all. However, abstinence from talking except through gesture would have perfectly fit the bill. It would have perfectly been possible to abstain from talking except through gesture for 30 days and nights in a row. We know that many people would also do E'tekaf (reclusions) in mosques worshipping, praising and glorifying Allah.

However, NOT TALKING for 30 days and 30 nights would have also meant NOT talking to our pious and righteous wives who are Allah's gifts to us and we so dearly love and adore. Obviously, we would have gradually become sad and depressed for not being able to talk to them for such a long time. We are weak after all. Some believers (men and women) were weaker than some others and probably would act naughty  ;) and do things that we probably should NOT talk about in this forum  :o :-X

Then, I would read 2:187, which says:
It has been made permissible for you during the night of fasting conjugal speech with your wives. They are a clothing for you, and you are a clothing for them. Allah knows that you have been betraying yourselves, so He returned to you and forgave you. Therefore, from now on, communicate and have contact with them (your wives) AND seek that which Allah has decreed for you AND eat AND drink until the white thread of dawn becomes distinct to you from the black thread (of night). Then complete the fast until the night (after the end of the dusk period, which starts with sunset and ends with night). And do not communicate and have contact with them as long as you are in reclusion in the mosques

As a seeker of truth, the Quran makes complete sense. As you can see, The Quran is very consistent.

Please keep in mind that word "Tubashiruhunna" is the same root as "Bashir" and "Mubash'shir". If "Tubashiruhunna" meant "having sexual relationship" then, we could conclude that a "Bashir" or a "mubash'shir" would mean a "A Very Active Professional Sex Worker"  >:D :-X :o 8)(May Allah forgive me for saying that). "Tubashiruhunna" means having talks and pleasantries.

I hope it makes better sense now and thank you for taking the time reading my comments. I really appreciate it. I was not aware of the other forum. I will definitely check the link you sent. I am so glad there are other believers who believe in the same thing that I believe in.

Mahdi

Peace Brother Mahdi..

You are someone like.. If one asked "where are you going dude?  And you say.. There are apples in my bag.. "

Note clearly siyam is not 24 hours.. That's so obvious as I explained in my first reply.. Don't act like it is pls.. God says Haj is in well known months... But didn't He explain in clear cut instructions in maximum how many days one can do haj..  No one needs to do haj for consecutive months
Like wise God said for siyam..
He said shahr Ramadan...  Ayyamin madudath.. And during day time.. Isn't that enough for you to stop this blindness by repeating and saying 24 hours.. Who did fast 24 hours.. How can one fast 24 hours while God manifestly indicated eat and drink UNTIL white thread clear from black.. Why one should be so specific in looking at white thread at dawn in connection with food...

You are blinded with Maryam and zakaria abstinence...  Or you are adamant knowingly..
It was special and particular to them.. They didn't even know what to do..
If Sawm is abstinence from talking to others in general, God doesn't need to explain Maryam don't talk to people.. She only need to say I am in Sawm.. So people already know then Sawm is not talking to others.. No sign language for Maryam.. So at least she has to speak to say I am doing abstinence of not talking for God, so I don't talk. 
But zakaria abstinence is entirely different to Maryam.. He should go infront of people but he should not utter a word but all in gestures.. Maryam if she sees anyone only, not necessarily go in front of people.. Maryam was instructed to SPEAK (fakuli)  she should completly say to anyone if she happened to come across " I have vowed a Sawm today so I won't speak to any human being" these are not sign language..

Clear difference with zakaria... So dude are we to fast in Maryam's style or zakaria style..?

Imagine if siyam is one month,  then not talking whole community to each other.. Clear rubbish... Maryam had a purpose and benefit by not talking... While zakaria had a purpose and benefit by not talking... Both connected with male child...
Come on guys.. Zakaria requested a sign in connection with his son...

Any sensible person would understand that Maryam needed privacy while travelling.. So the abstince of not talking is the best option depending on her situation ..

In zakaria case.. Zakaria only knows what happened after he completed three ayyamin by speaking to people only in sign language.. Coz it was a demanded sign for him.. And connected with glad tiding of a boy..

I don't mind what people does.. Whether they fast not fast.. But I like to present the truth which I know according to Quran... After all if God misguides people who am I to rectify them..

ThelosttruthsofIslam

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2021, 09:51:13 PM »
Peace Brother Mahdi..

You are someone like.. If one asked "where are you going dude?  And you say.. There are apples in my bag.. "

Note clearly siyam is not 24 hours.. That's so obvious as I explained in my first reply.. Don't act like it is pls.. God says Haj is in well known months... But didn't He explain in clear cut instructions in maximum how many days one can do haj..  No one needs to do haj for consecutive months
Like wise God said for siyam..
He said shahr Ramadan...  Ayyamin madudath.. And during day time.. Isn't that enough for you to stop this blindness by repeating and saying 24 hours.. Who did fast 24 hours.. How can one fast 24 hours while God manifestly indicated eat and drink UNTIL white thread clear from black.. Why one should be so specific in looking at white thread at dawn in connection with food...

You are blinded with Maryam and zakaria abstinence...  Or you are adamant knowingly..
It was special and particular to them.. They didn't even know what to do..
If Sawm is abstinence from talking to others in general, God doesn't need to explain Maryam don't talk to people.. She only need to say I am in Sawm.. So people already know then Sawm is not talking to others.. No sign language for Maryam.. So at least she has to speak to say I am doing abstinence of not talking for God, so I don't talk. 
But zakaria abstinence is entirely different to Maryam.. He should go infront of people but he should not utter a word but all in gestures.. Maryam if she sees anyone only, not necessarily go in front of people.. Maryam was instructed to SPEAK (fakuli)  she should completly say to anyone if she happened to come across " I have vowed a Sawm today so I won't speak to any human being" these are not sign language..

Clear difference with zakaria... So dude are we to fast in Maryam's style or zakaria style..?

Imagine if siyam is one month,  then not talking whole community to each other.. Clear rubbish... Maryam had a purpose and benefit by not talking... While zakaria had a purpose and benefit by not talking... Both connected with male child...
Come on guys.. Zakaria requested a sign in connection with his son...

Any sensible person would understand that Maryam needed privacy while travelling.. So the abstince of not talking is the best option depending on her situation ..

In zakaria case.. Zakaria only knows what happened after he completed three ayyamin by speaking to people only in sign language.. Coz it was a demanded sign for him.. And connected with glad tiding of a boy..

I don't mind what people does.. Whether they fast not fast.. But I like to present the truth which I know according to Quran... After all if God misguides people who am I to rectify them..

Peace Brother,

I wish you would have taken at least half an hour to think and meditate about those two verses. The way you interpreted them made me understand that not only you didn't think about them at all but also you didn't read them.

Let me summarize those two verses for you: The only limitation in Maryam's and Zechariah's fast is that they can NOT engage in any conversation with ANY OTHER HUMAN BEINGS except through gesture. That does NOT mean they can not say anything. That does NOT mean they have to be constantly quiet and speechless at all times. That's why Allah commands Zechariah to glorify and praise in the morning and evenings. The ONLY way one is allowed to engage in a conversation is through gesture. As simple as that.

Did you really think Zechariah and Maryam were glorifying and praising in their hearts without talking? Did you think they were performing Salat secretly with no voice?

The point you made about Maryam is again because you didn't read the verses carefully. She is NOT engaging in any conversation with anyone. Maryam and Zechariah were allowed to say anything they wanted as long as they were NOT engaging in any conversation with any other human beings. You mentioned  "faghooli". Again, I don't think you have seen the verse 19:29: "fa ASHARAT ELAIHE", which means Maryam gestured/pointed towards him (Jesus) in response to the people questioning her about Jesus. So Maryam is NOT engaging in any conversation but is pointing and gesturing towards Jesus her son. That is exactly what Zechariah did. Please take a few minutes and read these verses carefully especially when you are posting them and commenting on them in a Quranic forum. You will find these verses beneficial for you, Insha'Allah. Here is 19:27-29 for you in case you are too busy to read them yourself:

(19:27-29) Then she returned to her people, carrying him. They said ˹in shock˺, “O Mary! You have certainly done a horrible thing. O  sister of Aaron! Your father was not an indecent man, nor was your mother unchaste.” So, she pointed/gestured towards the baby. They exclaimed, “How can we talk to someone who is an infant in the cradle?”

As you can see, the Quran documents and explains Maryam's actions for us and the fact that she pointed and gestured towards the baby when she wanted to communicate to them. Please take the time to read Allah's verses before talking about them.

During the TRUE QURANIC fast, one can talk to their pets, or a dog or a horse or a bird or a tree or an angel because these are NOT human beings. The limitation is ONLY engaging in a conversation with another human being. These verses could NOT possibly be any clearer..

Any unbiased truth seeking person can tell you that Maryam and Zechariah are both doing the exact same thing. There is absolutely NO difference whatsoever. There is No need to mention "SAWM" for Zechariah because he is doing the exact same thing that Maryam is doing.

Here is the equation for you: If B=SAWM and C=SAWM then you can easily conclude that B=C=SAWM.

Also, you completely brushed aside the "AYYAM" because obviously that is the TRUTH and there is no way you or anyone else can argue against it unless you disbelieve in those two verses.

I have an advice for you that will truly benefit you: Don't let your bias towards what I say keep you from submitting to Allah's verses. That would NOT be good at all.

My challenge for you is still there: Bring me any of the following from the Quran (not hadith or other opinions):

1) An example in the Quran of someone fasting by NOT EATING AND DRINKING, OR
2) A direct commandment from Allah in the Quran that we should NOT EAT AND DRINK while fasting, OR
3) An example of an act of piety or righteousness (TAGHWA) mentioned in the Quran that involves NOT EATING AND DRINKING. (Ex. Lying, Bearing the correct testimony, Not accusing people wrongly, Talking nicely to people, Not yelling and screaming and so many others that are ALL directly mentioned in the Quran and are ALL related to talking and the words that come out of a person's mouth).

There is NONE and you can NOT bring anything for me because that's not the fast that Allah desired and wrote for the believers in the Quran. As you can see, I am trying to clean up the misinformation and the lies that exist around fasting but my success is up to Allah of course.

By the way, I didn't quite understand your point about the Hajj. Who has said that Hajj has to last for several consecutive months? Where did you hear that? Did I say that somewhere?  :confused:

Just for your information since you brought it up:
Months of hajj are four (4) consecutive months. It doesn't mean your hajj has to last four (4) consecutive months. Was that a joke by any chance?  :brickwall:
What it means is that within those four (4) consecutive months, you can do hajj at anytime you want. You can do Hajj four times if that's what you want or you can do it once but it has to happen within those 4 months to count as Hajj. Otherwise, it would be UMRAH. Maybe there is a language barrier there and you misunderstood what I have said. If you have questions about anything that I have said about hajj, rather than assuming something that I have NEVER said, please let me know and I can clarify it for you.

I am only trying to clarify Allah's verses for those who truly wish to know and understand and submit to them NOT for those who have made their hearts hard and only wish to prove their own point. At the end of the day, if Allah wants to mislead someone, who am I to be able to guide them.

Peace to you as well..

shukri

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2021, 01:12:57 AM »
Bro ThelosttruthsofIslam,

I'm try to solve three issues mentioned in your posting:

First Issue: How does staying hungry and thirsty make you and I pious and God fearing? If that was the case, then all the homeless people would be the most pious and God fearing ones among us, wouldn’t they?

The answer: My answer already given in my Reply #13

-----

Second Issue: Then, I am going to read the below two verses, which prove without a doubt that when Quran mentions “Yom” or “AYYAM” for fasting or as you mentioned abstinence, it clearly means a 24-hour period of both “day” and “night” NONSTOP.
1) He said, "My Lord, make for me a sign." He said, "Your sign is that you will not (be able to) speak to the people for three  ay’yam (days plus nights; 72 hours NONSTOP) except by gesture. And remember your Lord much and glorify in the evening and the morning." (3:41)
2) (Zechariah) said, "My Lord, make for me a sign." He said, "Your sign is that you will not speak to the people for three nights, (while being) sound.“ (19:10)

The answer: I use Al-Muzzammil method to prove that verse 3:41 has a missing words of "at night"
https://al-muzzammil.com/relevance_miracle/19_based_calc.html

Now see the Code below:
3:41 He said, "My Lord, make for me a sign." He said, "Your sign is that you will not speak to the people for three ay’yam (?) except by gesture. And remember your Lord much and glorify in the evening and the morning."
103 ... gv for "at night" بالليل
--> 103 341 = 5439 x 19
Position 9 (Provision)
Level 4 (Verses which can be extrapolated)
(Indication: The verse 3:41 should be read as ... He said, "My Lord, make for me a sign." He said, "Your sign is that you will not speak to the people for three ay’yam (at night) except by gesture. And remember your Lord much and glorify in the evening and the morning.")

Therefore the word "three ay'yam" in verse 3:41 is not contradict to words "three nights" in verse 19:10!

-----

Third Issue: The words "أَيّامًا مَعدودٰتٍ" mentioned in verse 2:184

The answer: I use Al-Muzzammil method to prove that أَيّامًا مَعدودٰتٍ (specific/limited/a few days) are meant for "three days"

(Code 1) ... Using the first words of "three days" mentioned in the quran i.e. Verse 2:196
2:184 Specific days (days numbered/a certain days/a few numbered/limited days); if one is ill or traveling, an equal number of other days may be substituted. Those who can fast, but with great difficulty, may substitute feeding one poor person for each day of breaking the fast. If one volunteers (more righteous works), it is better. But fasting is the best for you, if you only knew.
2:196 You shall observe the complete rites of Hajj and`Umrah for God. If you are prevented, you shall send an offering, and do not resume cutting your hair until your offering has reached its destination. If you are ill, or suffering a head injury (and you must cut your hair), you shall expiate by fasting, or giving to charity, or some other form of worship. During the normal Hajj, if you break the state of Ihraam (sanctity) between `Umrah and Hajj, you shall expiate by offering an animal sacrifice. If you cannot afford it, you shall fast three days during Hajj and seven when you return home - this completes ten - provided you do not live at the Sacred Masjid. You shall observe God, and know that God is strict in enforcing retribution (The first verse in the quran mentioned wordings "three days")
--> (184) + (196) = 380 = 20 x 19 (verses without chapters)
Position 0 (Wild Card) ... All positions 1-9 are applicable
Level 3 (Include Missing Information)
(Indication: Specific days in verse 2:184 are meant for three days)

(Code 2) ... Hidden words for "Specific days"
2:184 Specific days (?); if one is ill or traveling, an equal number of other days may be substituted. Those who can fast, but with great difficulty, may substitute feeding one poor person for each day of breaking the fast. If one volunteers (more righteous works), it is better. But fasting is the best for you, if you only knew.
1436 52 ... gv for "three days (ثلاثة أيام)"
--> (1436+52) + (184) =  1672 = 88 x 19
Position 8 (Issues)
(Indication: "Specific days" are meant for three days)

OR (Substitute the word "three" with number "3")
3 52 ... gv for "3 days (ثلاثة 3 أيام )"
--> 352 (184) = 18536 x 19
Position 6 (Caution) ... Something is missing!
Level 5 (Detailing Information)

Caution! (Replace gv for "three days" with gv for "three days during the month")
1436 52 661 536 ... gv for "three days during the month" ثلاثة أيام خلال الشهر (Note: Number "3" is reversed back to gv for number "three")
--> (1436+52+661+536) + (184) = 2869 = 151 x 19
Position 1 (Scenario Described)

Ends
Thank you.

Houriya

• Apprentice
  • Karma +7/-0
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2021, 07:06:10 AM »
Peace TL TOI,

Thank you for your sharing, I'm not the only one to understand siyam like you.

if I want to practice fasting, I can do it all year round easily and without constraints. fasting is blessed
(autophagy) for the body when you stop eating and drinking for at least 16 hours.

According to my understanding we are not told to fast 2 consecutive full moons (Shahrayn), only during a specific number of days.
The fast begins as soon as we perceive the full moon of strong heat (shahr ramadan) and continues until night (atimmoo / continue), there is no interruption.

The purpose of siyam is to glorify God /litukabbiroo allaha for his guidance during spiritual retreat and to achieve piety . The only thing to
to respect is don't cohabit with women during the retreat, the verse is clear.

What is allowed during the night and what is not allowed during the retreat is not the definition of siyam.

Why shahr ramadam is important, it is the night  during which the quran was revealed to the prophet.
Observe a retreat to receive divine guidance
through your heart...etc

Peace

Houriya

• Apprentice
  • Karma +7/-0
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2021, 11:40:07 PM »
Peace,

I have consulted the occurrences of the verb ittaqoo which is translated in the following verses (Translation of FM) as being aware, I have selected a few verses which indicate the meaning of this action :

3:102
O you who believe, reverence God as He deserves to be reverenced, and do not die except as ones who have submitted.

5:35
O you who believe, be aware of God and seek a way to Him, and strive in His cause; that you may succeed.

5:100
Say: "The rotten and the good are not equal, even if the abundance of the rotten impresses you." So be aware of God, O you who possess intelligence, that you may succeed.

9:119
O you who believe, be aware of God and be with the truthful.

33:70
O you who believe, be aware of God and speak only the truth.

2:183    O you who believe, fasting has been decreed for you as it was decreed for those before you, perhaps you may be righteous / tattaqoon.

According to my understanding : the verb tattaqoon the pronominal form of the verb ittaqa means ittaqoo allah / God

Peace

Houriya

• Apprentice
  • Karma +7/-0
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2021, 03:05:37 AM »
Peace,

Other verses about almuttaqeen those who ittaqaw:

16:30    And it was said to those who were righteous / ittaqaw: "What has your Lord sent down?" They said: "All goodness / khayran." For those who have done good in this world there is good; and the Hereafter is goodness / khayrun. Excellent indeed is the home of the righteous / almuttaqeen.

2:183    O you who believe, fasting has been decreed for you as it was decreed for those before you, perhaps you may be righteous / tattaqoon.

2:184    A few number of days. Whoever of you is ill or traveling, then the same count from different days; and as for those who can do so but with difficulty, they may redeem by feeding the needy. And whoever does good voluntarily, then it is better for him. And if you fast it is better / khayrun for you if only you knew.

Peace

Houriya

• Apprentice
  • Karma +7/-0
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 12:44:32 AM »
Peace

In the verse 2 :183 the form of the verb is pronominal tattaqoon.

2:183
O you who believe, fasting has been decreed for you as it was decreed for those before you, perhaps you may be righteous / tattaqoon.

Is it a personal will / decision to be righteous or is it God who inspires or grants us our righteousness as He guides our heart and comfort our chest to submission ?

I would like to share with you my thoughts about the night of alqdr; Whether it is the night of the summer soltice or the autumn equinox, the two interpretations are plausible.

The meaning of the word ramadan :, strong heat or autumn rain ?

Both senses are possible, which of the 2 senses is corroborated by the Qur'an ?.

The goal is is to do the siyam durant a few number of days, regardless of the period when we have decided to do it as for the sick or those who are traveling.

Peace

Iyyaka

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 01:40:38 AM »
Peace
In the verse 2 :183 the form of the verb is pronominal tattaqoon.
2:183
O you who believe, fasting has been decreed for you as it was decreed for those before you, perhaps you may be righteous / tattaqoon.
Is it a personal will / decision to be righteous or is it God who inspires or grants us our righteousness as He guides our heart and comfort our chest to submission ?
Peace.
Error in translation - tattaqoon by righteous.
This form VIII express the idea of "be secure against evils and calamity" or "who fears and guarantees himself against an evil or danger"
So the translation may be "so that you may protect yourself"

The meaning of the word ramadan :, strong heat or autumn rain ?
Peace
The root "rmD"  evokes the strong heat (burning stones of the desert) => When food and water are scarce.
other quranic related roots :
- mrD (2:10) = Sick (when you have a fever your body is warm)
- Dmr (22:67) = being thin and not having a belly (dieting a horse)