i am sorry but i am having trouble understanding your posts

are you saying there is no God?

in any case there is ONE God and He is THE God

Al-Lah means The God

what else do you think it means??

peace :)

TellMeTheTruth

Salam!
Al-Lah is The Creator and The Ruler of this universe whether He is worshipped or not. While a god/God/God, deity, goddess, image, object, spirit is something or someone worshipped with a belief that it has some superhuman powers or control over nature.
People practice rituals and sacrifice animals or human beings in the name of their deity/god etc while Al-Lah does not need our Rizq or the blood or flesh of sacrifices does not reach Him. We should not treat Him as a god/deity.
Peace!

TellMeTheTruth

Quote from: muqeem on September 05, 2020, 12:15:52 AM
hello,

I was reading this verse,  فَالْيَوْمَ نَنسَاهُمْ كَمَا نَسُواْ لِقَاءَ يَوْمِهِمْ 7:51 people who forgot god in this world god will forget them in the hereafter, and thinking 'can god forget?'
Salam!
Question should be "can Allah forget? Answer is Yes! He will forget people similarily as they used to forget Him. and this is Allah's own words in Al-Quran 7:51. If you cannot or don't want to believe His words then who would you believe?
Peace!

tutti_frutti

salam

yea the blood flesh doesnt reach Him but our piety does ... when we slaighter animals or eat of anything we mention Him and give thanks .. that is prt of worshipping Him

yes He does not need anyone or anything but we do need Him ... but that does not go against the definition of God

i understand God to mean the Lord .. the Creator ... they are interchangeable

He is THE God, there is No God/Lord/Creator ... but Him

so what does Al-Lah mean in terms of pure definition?

what do you define God to mean?

Al-Lah does not forget anything or anyone ... He is not bound by anything  ... He literally does what He wants and He is the ONLY to literally do what He wants

when He says He will forget them i understand He will discard them and not have mercy on them or respond to their supplication

peace :)

TellMeTheTruth

Quote from: tutti_frutti on September 13, 2020, 01:40:58 PM

yea the blood flesh doesnt reach Him but our piety does ... when we slaighter animals or eat of anything we mention Him and give thanks .. that is prt of worshipping Him
Salam!
Piety? What is its definition?
Killing a living being by mentioning His name is not killing?
Allah says in Al-Quran 5:32 that:
Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a "soul" unless for a "soul" or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain "mankind" entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.
Which "soul"? If you kill an animal for yourself and for your people then why mention His name?
Al-Quran 2:205
And when he goes away, he strives throughout the land to cause corruption therein and destroy crops and animals. And Allah does not like corruption.
Peace!

good logic

Peace TellMeTheTruth.
Allah/GOD is The Creator and The Ruler of this universe .
Exactly.That is what I wanted to say to you all along.

Allah/GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]

Cerberus

TellMeTheTruth, for the sake of your name, Allah is presented in the quran as the "true god", while other gods of the region are presented as false gods (allat, uza, manat). Another thing is the pre-islamic rituals done to the false gods (or any god for that matter) like animal sacrifice carried over to the god of the quran. But also pre-islamic local beliefs like the invisible desert dwellers (the Jinn) who were not mentioned in the previous abrahamic religions. So you make of that what you will. Also correct me if I'm wrong.

tutti_frutti

salam tellmethetruth

killing animals is a corruption?

are we not told by God that we could eat from their meat and ride on them etc and that we should not eat of them if they were not dedicated to Him?

peace

TellMeTheTruth

Quote from: Cerberus on September 14, 2020, 10:26:18 AM
TellMeTheTruth, for the sake of your name, Allah is presented in the quran as the "true god", while other gods of the region are presented as false gods (allat, uza, manat). Another thing is the pre-islamic rituals done to the false gods (or any god for that matter) like animal sacrifice carried over to the god of the quran. But also pre-islamic local beliefs like the invisible desert dwellers (the Jinn) who were not mentioned in the previous abrahamic religions. So you make of that what you will. Also correct me if I'm wrong.
Salam, dear brother!
A god is a god. You believe in one god because you believe that he/she/it is the true god. Similarily someone else bielieves in another god because he/she believes that his/her god is the true god. You will call others' god as a false god and they will call your god a false god.
Allah tells in quran that they will never follow your qibla and you will never follow their qibla. And that is due to the above-mentioned reason.
Pre-islamic Arabs worshipped a god called Allah. Do you worship the same Allah? Or some other Allah? Which Allah is a true god?
In Quran 6:154 [Saheeh International]
Then We gave Moses the Scripture, making complete [Our favor] upon the one who did good and as a " detailed explanation of all things and as guidance and mercy " that perhaps in [the matter of] the meeting with their Lord they would believe.
Secondly, it is true that pre-islamic rituals are added up in deen.
Well, why not fully detailed book given to moses, had no mention of desert-dwelling djinns? Let's tell Allah that He forgot to mention something in His previous scriptures (استعذ باللہ).
I will appreciate your answer if you also give references from Quran in support.
Peace!

tutti_frutti

salam tellmethetruth

The God never tells us in Quran that djinn are desert dwelling !

and i understand that people changed the sayings in Torah and Injeel so maybe djinn where slowly erased from those books

or maybe the djinn in the other books are what they call fallen angels ... as from my understanding in Quran angels and djinns are perhaps same creation but angels believed and were chosen by God to be His "assistants" but sjinns initially disbelieves until some reverted when the Quran was sent down

Al-Lah means The God so perhaps "pre islamic" arabia believed in a God they called The God but had some additions (the female alat etc) or they believed in The God and had additions

maybe I am wrong but perhaps prophet mohammed pbuh and people with him are descendants of ishmail pbuh and those who were with him and hence why the word Al-Lah survived (mohammed pbuh and his people are referred to as people of the shrine and ishmael pbuh resided in/around the shrine) i believe sacred shrine  to be in/around petra perhaps the monastery (God mentions in Quran the romans and about people saying trinity ... there were no romans or christians in southern arabia as per my understanding)

that is just my thoughts maybe i am wrong

in any case i still have trouble understanding what your point is

on a side note about monastery in petra being the sacred shrine:

*counter arguments for monastery being the sacred shrine - i read byzantine carved crosses inside and that it had hellenistic influence in architecture ...

*arguments pro - in an elevated place, no pagan drawings (except carved crosses), romans took over it so maybe that is what is meant by barring the prophet mohammed pbuh and muslims from it, thought to be a religious gathering place ...

peace