Author Topic: Consciousness, attention, connection purifies our inner state  (Read 1019 times)

Houriya

• Apprentice
  • Karma +7/-0
Re: Consciousness, attention, connection purifies our inner state
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 11:27:43 PM »
Peace everyone,

Thanks for your inputs.

The ego is the identity with which we identify, everything that comes after the "I" composes the ego: identification with the body, social, professional family situation, goods, children, thoughts.

We are both the light and the dark, hence the importance of being aware, accepting when we are big / small, honest / dishonest, truthful / liar, sincere / hypocritical, healthy / sick, at peace or not ... etc

No darkness can resist the light of consciousness.
When a state arises, there is no error, to be what is, to observe our inner state without excluding any light or darkness within us.
The light of consciousness acts.

Peace

Houriya

• Apprentice
  • Karma +7/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2020, 12:13:14 AM »
I might say the consciousness is either nafs or ruh in the Qur'an, could be nafs since nafs involves the psyche/the self/the soul.

91:7    And a soul / nafsin and what He made.
91:8    So He gave it its evil and good.

15:29    "So when I evolve him, and blow from My Spirit / roohee in him, you shall yield to him."

Concretely, what is consciousness?

Everything that we perceive from the outside or inside world (our senses and thoughts) takes place in our field of consciousness.

Consciousness is like a screen where the film of our life takes place. The film ends, but the consciousness remains intact.

Houriya

• Apprentice
  • Karma +7/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2020, 01:50:17 AM »
Peace everyone,

Thoughts / Guesses / conjectures / assumptions are from iblees / satan / jinn and also from human being.

72:6
"And there were men from among mankind who used to seek help from the men among the Jinn, but they only increased them in sin."
72:7
"And they thought as you thought, that God would not send anyone."

Peace

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2020, 06:30:42 PM »
Peace everyone,

Thanks for your inputs.

The ego is the identity with which we identify, everything that comes after the "I" composes the ego: identification with the body, social, professional family situation, goods, children, thoughts.

In Jung's model, goods, children, thoughts, physical body, name is labeled as "Persona". A personification manifestation of the ego.

The ego can personify / identify / attach itself to anything. In human language it denote the changes from "I" to "My".

My name, My religion, My ethnicity, My body, My eyes, My hair. That's labeled as "Persona" in Jung's model.

Jafar is MY avatar and for you Houriya is MY avatar.

Now... let's extend the concept a bit...

When I give "Jafar" to you by giving you the password of Jafar on this forum.
Your ego will identify to both "Jafar" and "Houriya" as MY avatar.
Multiple personas of the same type (webforum avatar) identified by the ego as among it's persona.

Extend it a bit more... to one lever higher..

Now.. ponder how the self can actually be expanded to include another ego, thus the self will have multiple ego as well.