Author Topic: If God is omnipresent, how do you explain this...  (Read 335 times)

Sarah

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
If God is omnipresent, how do you explain this...
« on: March 22, 2020, 07:51:36 PM »
Peace

If God is literally present everywhere, existing simultaneously within his creation then how would you explain:

'It is He who created the heavens and earth in six days and then established Himself above the Throne. He knows what penetrates into the earth and what emerges from it and what descends from the heaven and what ascends therein; and He is with you wherever you are. And Allah, of what you do, is Seeing.' 57:4

Since He is wherever we are, is this meant literally or is He with us in knowledge?

Also, why does God need angels to record everything if He already knows everything we do?

'Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly (white) star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things.' 24:35

So does this literally mean He is the light (energy?) of the heavens and earth or is it metaphorical. I know the example of His light is given. But that's a metaphor for his light- it doesn't necessarily mean that God being the light is the metaphor. But even if you consider it a metaphor, then God gives another metaphor with the example of a lamp for the metaphor of God being the light.

😃👀✋

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: If God is omnipresent, how do you explain this...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 03:03:42 AM »
An-Nour is one of the names of God. He is The Light. Any light is His manifestation.
He es the only thing that is, we are not. We are projections of His. Nothing is by itself but as a projection of his. He j¡kan make His projections to be conscious of themselves as something separate but we are always His and He is of course completely aware of his own proejctions since they are absolutely deliberate.

Salaam

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +39/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 04:02:19 AM »
Additional questions are actually:
- How do you calculate days when there were no earth or sun?

The infinite creator as the name implies, infinity, is incomparable to anything, including light.
Infinity is only comparable to infinity. God is God. He is what He is.

Light might be only one small aspect of Him.
Angels, another aspect of Him.

In Math:
∞ = ∞
implies:
∞ = 1 X ∞ (also known as identity equation)
Is the only valid equation for infinity, that's also why there could only be one infinity.

For something which is used to 4 dimensional realm like us this concept is hard to grab.
Because we are used to think in 'separation', me and not him / her, us and not them, here and not there, there and not here, past and not future etc... Only by radically transforming the view to 'unity' we then will start to grasp the concept.

The keyword is 'starting' because truly there will be no end, as the concept that we try to grasp is actually an infinity by itself. As such an infinity is an infinite mystery.
Thus if you met somebody who claimed I already know God, then you can safely derive that he / she actually doesn't know anything.

Starting in 20th century, triggered through observation and experimentation on very small particles (quantum particles) human starting to be aware of the 'signs' on the ultimate reality of this universe.

Does TIME Exist at the Same Time?
https://youtu.be/OZDLVlX88oM

Is the Universe a Simulation?
https://youtu.be/wgSZA3NPpBs

Evidence for Parallel Universes
https://youtu.be/bJpIclDmi2M

Sarah

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 06:28:26 PM »
An-Nour is one of the names of God. He is The Light. Any light is His manifestation.
He es the only thing that is, we are not. We are projections of His. Nothing is by itself but as a projection of his. He j¡kan make His projections to be conscious of themselves as something separate but we are always His and He is of course completely aware of his own proejctions since they are absolutely deliberate.

Salaam

Peace

So even artificial light for instance?

Can you give me scriptural evidence that we are projections of God? I personally do not think so because I believe we are separate from Him and are His creation. I wouldn't want to call myself a projection of God because I personally fear that it would be shirk.
😃👀✋

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 07:17:42 PM »
Peace

If God is literally present everywhere, existing simultaneously within his creation then how would you explain:

'It is He who created the heavens and earth in six days and then established Himself above the Throne. He knows what penetrates into the earth and what emerges from it and what descends from the heaven and what ascends therein; and He is with you wherever you are. And Allah, of what you do, is Seeing.' 57:4

Since He is wherever we are, is this meant literally or is He with us in knowledge?

Also, why does God need angels to record everything if He already knows everything we do?

'Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly (white) star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things.' 24:35

So does this literally mean He is the light (energy?) of the heavens and earth or is it metaphorical. I know the example of His light is given. But that's a metaphor for his light- it doesn't necessarily mean that God being the light is the metaphor. But even if you consider it a metaphor, then God gives another metaphor with the example of a lamp for the metaphor of God being the light.

Your question... Since He is wherever we are, is this meant literally or is He with us in knowledge?

He is not physically everywhere... That's very bizarre and far-fetched..

God has a place where He lives...
When Moses asked God to show Himself physically, then God could have said I am everywhere....
As you are aware God has His qualities/ attributes... Ever watchful,  all knowing, etc... So He is with us.. Nothing can be hidden from Him.. He knows inner secret of our Hearts  . Does  He inside our Heart?..

Your question..... Also, why does God need angels to record everything if He already knows everything we do?

Don't you really have an answer for this?.. 
For example.. If there is an eyewitness, why need a court to judge it..

God knows dear... But God has assigned to record it with pure recorders who never miss anything.. That record will be a witness to what we did... Is anything in writing better or verbally?
Suppose when God questions on the day of ressurection, did you kill this person.. No,  I didn't... He is lying.. Then God asks the one who got killed.. Is he telling the truth?  No he killed me.. God knows.. He can punish... But when what they did is presented to their hands and all past memories are recollected, how would they deny? 
So that's why God assigned angels to record not to harm anyone  and to judge purely based on what they did..

Cerberus

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 01:50:25 AM »
Whatever you read about God, it is not God but rather just some meaningful things to know about God.

If you read "God is the light" it does not necessarily mean God is made out of light and is an energy and what not, DOES IT ? Try to find meaning in things. Usefulness.

If you read " He is with you wherever you are" that means God is with each one of us, close not far. That also means one shouldn't feel abandoned or despair. Also means that our actions are meaningful since they happen in the presence of God (though we often forget it!). Our words...everything.

You shouldn't try to box God inside an idea, a time, a place, trying to understand, locate, and put God in some boundaries that are defined by your thoughts. How can the creation wrap its head around its creator ?

And if you notice, the things we hear about God are the things that concern us. Our creator is close to us, really close, and the analogy of that is "closer than your jugular vein". God is all the good values that we know "to Him belong the best names."

So at the end, the things we learn and understand about God are the things that are useful to us. They're meaningful to us. So try to find value and usefulness in what you read.

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 07:07:39 AM »
Peace

So even artificial light for instance?

Can you give me scriptural evidence that we are projections of God? I personally do not think so because I believe we are separate from Him and are His creation. I wouldn't want to call myself a projection of God because I personally fear that it would be shirk.

YOu are splitting hairs. I wrote proyection, sometimes call it a dream of God. If you want an exact word for something that relates so something that can not be expressed in words, you are getting into a lot of trouble.  What is meant by those expressions that that we, or anything else, are not, only GOd is. ¿You are different from God, you say? It is simpler than that, you re not. Nothing is by itself but  as an expression of God's will. ¿Don't you like the word "expression"? Get a better one, a better one than projection or better one that dream. The point is not the word bu tthe fact that we are not, God is, and if we are there, if we feel like someody or something it is because God is, not because we are. We are a breath of God? Many religious people have expressed it so? Do you like that better?

We are not, only God is.

Salaam 

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 07:46:42 AM »
Whatever you read about God, it is not God but rather just some meaningful things to know about God.

If you read "God is the light" it does not necessarily mean God is made out of light and is an energy and what not, DOES IT ? Try to find meaning in things. Usefulness.

If you read " He is with you wherever you are" that means God is with each one of us, close not far. That also means one shouldn't feel abandoned or despair. Also means that our actions are meaningful since they happen in the presence of God (though we often forget it!). Our words...everything.

You shouldn't try to box God inside an idea, a time, a place, trying to understand, locate, and put God in some boundaries that are defined by your thoughts. How can the creation wrap its head around its creator ?

And if you notice, the things we hear about God are the things that concern us. Our creator is close to us, really close, and the analogy of that is "closer than your jugular vein". God is all the good values that we know "to Him belong the best names."

So at the end, the things we learn and understand about God are the things that are useful to us. They're meaningful to us. So try to find value and usefulness in what you read.

Good post, Cerberus

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 08:01:12 AM »
Peace All.
The problem is that we cannot go beyond our capacity to think, see feel, hear...etc i.e our physical world.

Just like we cannot see GOD,we cannot comprehend or imagine a "physical/reality/manifestation/ image" of what GOD looks like.. It is pointless going down that road, as far GOD is concerned it is impossible for us to know that as humans" La Tudrikuhu Al Absar...".

What is left for us to know is who is GOD? i.e Characteristics and attributes. Like:

- What we see(nature), feel( feelings and senses), hear( Animal sounds, seas,weather...)touch, speak...etc is upon reflection shouting to us"GOD s  existence". Our instinct knows this deep down and searches further.
- What GOD has communicated with us through inspiration ,the attributes that include "omnipresence"

"Omnipresence " to us humans means GOD  is wherever we look or. hear in our world, We can feel GOD s presence, see GOD s presence everywhere if we believe in GOD." Wa Huwa Udruku Al Absar..."

Nobody expects to see GOD in our reality ,so how can we expect to visualize this omnipresence?

Therefore we need to wear our "soul" brain and think in brackets: GOD is everywhere" ,closer to everyone s jugular vein even though people are millions of miles apart.

How GOD does the "omnipresence" cannot be known or understood by us and does not need to be in this finite limited human form..
GOD bless you all.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

hawk99

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 02:00:07 PM »
Peace

A better title would be:

If God is omnipresent, how do you (Sarah) explain this...

Yes Allah is omnipresent, All Knowing, All Aware, All Hearing, All Seeing.

57:4...…………... He knows what penetrates into the earth and what emerges
from it and what descends from the heaven and what ascends therein;...…….

yes it is Allah's creation

both

Allah has no needs

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden