Author Topic: Is this life a purgatory  (Read 1660 times)

Sarah

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Is this life a purgatory
« on: February 13, 2020, 06:56:56 AM »
Peace

For believers?

Does anyone here know of Jordan Peterson and how he views life as suffering? Do you agree with his perspective?
😃👀✋

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +2/-0
Re: Is this life a purgatory
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 09:11:39 AM »
Peace Sarah.
 For believers? Life is most certainly not a purgatory ,why?
Because GOD s promise is this life is "Tayibatan"- for believers ...Fala Nuhyiyannahu Hayatan Tayibatan...- GOD is saying believers, male and female, will live a very good life in this one and a better one in the next.

Away from GOD, this life can be good or bad depending on what your luck has for you. So sure, for some it is like a purgatory, for others it is like paradise.,for many it is a mixture of the two.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

BelieverAni

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 10:31:20 AM »
Peace be upon you.

I seek refuge in God from Satan the rejected.

Say, "Nothing happens to us except what God has decreed for us. He is our Protector. Let the believers put their trust in God." Quran 9:51
"Guide us to the straight path" Quran 1:6

BelieverAni

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 11:23:26 AM »
Shifts (of angels) take turns, staying with each one of you—they are in front of you and behind you. They stay with you, and guard you in accordance with God’s commands. Thus, GOD DOES NOT CHANGE THE CONDITION OF ANY PEOPLE UNLESS THEY CHANGE WHAT IS IN THEMSELVES. If God wills any hardship for any people, no force can stop it. For they have none beside Him any Protector Quran 13:11

Peace.
"Guide us to the straight path" Quran 1:6

Cerberus

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 01:40:35 PM »
I guess it's a decent enough view on life provided one understands why and how it is that.

As for "believers", I don't know about those special people. I don't think self-proclaimed believers get a special treatment in life or have access to better understanding of life and their very own selves just by proclaiming themselves believers.

As for Jordan Peterson, I think he's a good man, a decent voice of reason for this day and age. And I personally believe that he who follows reason is not far from the path of God 

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +40/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 11:50:56 PM »
Peace

For believers?

Does anyone here know of Jordan Peterson and how he views life as suffering? Do you agree with his perspective?

Life is not a purgatory, life is a blessing an opportunity to experience and recognize many things.

Some of those experience might not be pleasant, yet by recognizing unpleasantry we will recognize pleasantry, it's opposite.

As when life ends, what remains is the memory of those experiences, which should teaches us some lessons..

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 12:47:44 AM »
Brother Cerberus.

Self proclaimed anything in this life is mot recommended. Whether one self claims they are believers" or self claims they"understand this life and how it is" or self claims any "expertise" to show off. And surely no one should proclaim they are special
One can only try their best at respecting the right of all diverse beings.

The point is ,if one believes in GOD ,then one needs to also believe GOD. i.e GOD s promise is always true.

GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

Cerberus

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 12:38:58 PM »
The reason why I criticized it is because it is a recurrent theme of some sort of holy entitlement. Should believers do this ? should believers do that ?

What exactly is good for believers that is not good for mankind ? and what should believers do that doesn't concern mankind ?

Sarah

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 03:12:42 PM »
Peace

I don't see anything wrong with calling oneself 'believer'. It's not arrogant, it's confident and introspective. It's just like calling oneself muslim, vegan, christian or a liberal. Is it arrogant to call oneself vegan? Also, it *can* be arrogant if the INTENTION is to show off and feel superior. But if it's done with confidence and just happiness to be a believer then there's nothing wrong with that. Saying it's arrogant is making an assumption about that person's intentions which is not factual but just an assumption. It's also quite judgmental.

Plenty of arrogant people also act humbly outwardly. Is that better than a bit of confidence?

The reason I asked 'for believers' specifically is because in the Qur'an it says this about their lives:

'Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?'
29:2

'But We have certainly tried those before them, and Allah will surely make evident those who are truthful, and He will surely make evident the liars.' 29.3

And says this about I'm guessing rejectors:

'So when they forgot that by which they had been reminded, We opened to them the doors of every [good] thing until, when they rejoiced in that which they were given, We seized them suddenly, and they were [then] in despair.' 6:44

The above verse reminds me of all the people who seem so far away from God yet seem to have it all. That's why I thought, maybe God makes believers tests harder to get rid of their sins so that they won't have to pay for them in the next life? Also, I think (but I am not sure) that the 'we seized them' phrase is referring to them dying? They could be in despair at the very last moments in life...

But on the other hand, the verse Good Logic mentions seems to paint a picture of a 'good' life for believers:

'Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward [in the Hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do.' 16:97

What exactly does a good life mean? A life filled with good deeds therefore making it 'good' or righteous or a life that is happy and mostly free of depression? This is now my question which I have been wondering about for a LONG time...:-\  :hmm

If anyone knows the root word/s of the Arabic for the phrase 'good life' in the mentioned verse, please do share.

peace  :peace:

😃👀✋

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 06:41:36 PM »
Peace

I don't see anything wrong with calling oneself 'believer'. It's not arrogant, it's confident and introspective. It's just like calling oneself muslim, vegan, christian or a liberal. Is it arrogant to call oneself vegan? Also, it *can* be arrogant if the INTENTION is to show off and feel superior. But if it's done with confidence and just happiness to be a believer then there's nothing wrong with that. Saying it's arrogant is making an assumption about that person's intentions which is not factual but just an assumption. It's also quite judgmental.

Plenty of arrogant people also act humbly outwardly. Is that better than a bit of confidence?

The reason I asked 'for believers' specifically is because in the Qur'an it says this about their lives:

'Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?'
29:2

'But We have certainly tried those before them, and Allah will surely make evident those who are truthful, and He will surely make evident the liars.' 29.3

And says this about I'm guessing rejectors:

'So when they forgot that by which they had been reminded, We opened to them the doors of every [good] thing until, when they rejoiced in that which they were given, We seized them suddenly, and they were [then] in despair.' 6:44

The above verse reminds me of all the people who seem so far away from God yet seem to have it all. That's why I thought, maybe God makes believers tests harder to get rid of their sins so that they won't have to pay for them in the next life? Also, I think (but I am not sure) that the 'we seized them' phrase is referring to them dying? They could be in despair at the very last moments in life...

But on the other hand, the verse Good Logic mentions seems to paint a picture of a 'good' life for believers:

'Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward [in the Hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do.' 16:97

What exactly does a good life mean? A life filled with good deeds therefore making it 'good' or righteous or a life that is happy and mostly free of depression? This is now my question which I have been wondering about for a LONG time...:-\  :hmm

If anyone knows the root word/s of the Arabic for the phrase 'good life' in the mentioned verse, please do share.

peace  :peace:

Dear Sister Sara...

First of all what is your understanding of Purgatory? Did Allah ever mention that current life we experiance is bla bla.. Lol..
Note the verses what God said to Adam and the rest when they were about to send to Earth..  They were on a beautiful place but their action disconnected them from that and put them in a lesser place...  But guidance always came from God... If you take the literal dictionary meaning for purgatory then I am afraid that won't make sense... God didn't confine us in prison ... We are free and doing what we want...

Regarding GOOD LIFE...
in my perception God never promised good life in this world for all believers... 16:97 never sounds like that... God promises to give REWARD for the righteous ... In this verse,  current life is just a guess work.. No current life is mentioned in the verse.. God always promises with REWARD for the life after death... Good life is always trouble free and having all that what we want... That can only be the life after death for who enter janna...
But life on this earth for everyone based on their situation is ups and downs... Even the one who lives the best of life with luxury is not equal to the life hereafter...
God will not reward what He is to reward after life... That's not what God meant when He sent us here on Earth ...
When God says in 6:32  that life of this world is play and amusement then we have to deeply ponder that we can't have GOOD LIFE here.. A life which has death destined can never be a good life. Don't be deceived by this life.. A body which ages can never be a good life.. GOOD LIFE is always in the Janna..
Neither believrs nor disbelievers will ever get good life here on this earth.. It's our weakness in judging with what the rich people possess..

Allah may enrich some and may deprive some regardless of their faith.. It doesn't mean Good life... Don't judge this world a life as good life.. It is never.. God may bless in this world with what most don't possess.. That's different..
But life after is full of REWARDS.. there you get good life...

Take the story of Qarun...he was rich.. People thought that it was a good life.. It's temporary enjoyment..

So finally for me this world's life is not purgotary...
This workds life is not good life and God is fair to believers and disbelievers in giving His wealth...
But nothing is equal to REWARD from God... That's only in Janna..

I would like to add one more thing to this.. Verse 2:212 " Beautified for those who disbelieve is the life of this world, and they ridicule those who believe. But those who fear Allah are above them on the Day of Resurrection. And Allah gives provision to whom He wills without account."

If something is beautified then it looks good.. Disbelievers only should get attracted to this world life calling it Good life.. But not believers.. Believers life starts hereafter.. God didn't say that beautified for those who believe the life of this world... That makes the difference..

Don't complicate what I said all above with verse 10:64..