Author Topic: Free will? The debate will continue! Discuss at will.  (Read 750 times)

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
Re: Free will? The debate will continue! Discuss at will.
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2019, 06:03:39 AM »
Peace Imran.
 As far as our brain is concerned, this is a fact:

While there is still a lot to learn about the brain, researchers continue to fill in the gaps between fact and fiction.

Is our brain controlling us?
I would say may be the same as our other organs are controlling us- like Stomach ,heart,...etc.
Can we exercise our "will power" and take back the control from them?
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2019, 07:57:31 PM »
So is it easier for us in this age to exercise our free will?

First; free will in the sense that it's totally free from the environment where the soul is being put on and / or totally free from the ultimate's will a.k.a God will a.k.a God's plan, such 'freedom' doesn't exist.

Yet if it's the freedom to exercise one's wishes at present time, then I believe it depends on the context where the soul is living on.

I mean humans have gone through many changes like these issues of the past:
 Owning and enslaving some races by others, oppressing women, lack of education for the majority, no internet...etc.
I know some issues still persist in some societies but overall people are improving in choices and making decisions.
Or is this not true?

Could a future time arrive where the majority of people will be more aware of what is required from them to lead a peaceful and happy life?

Yes definitely, in overall people are improving in their knowledge and welfare.
Relatively; empathy and rationality has triumphed if we compare the situation to 1400 years ago.
And the trend indicate that it will continue to do so.

- Old culture / religion / tradition will evolve / be replaced with something new.
- Mixing between people across religion / ethnicity will become more common.
- The border of nation will become less and less relevant, there will be less nations in the future and so does currency, language and other form of identity.
- Absolute form of government such as Kingdom / Dictatorship will be overthrown and become less and less common.
- Knowledge and understanding about this universe will continue to exponentially improved.

And it's all 100% in accordance to God's plan, where each of you play a role in it. a very tiny winy role among billions of other roles.

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth"
-- Matt 5

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2019, 11:33:54 AM »
Thanks all of you who responded and thanks to all of you who read out of interest.

Here is the summary of my aim in this thread:
1- Who are we ? Why are we humans now? Will we understand clearly the purpose here after we die?

2- Free will/choice ,is this to do with using our eyes ears and brain to choose our way of life ?

3-Are we accountable one day for our choices?
40:17
On that day, every soul will be requited for whatever it had earned. There will be no injustice on that day. God is most efficient in reckoning.
اليَومَ تُجزىٰ كُلُّ نَفسٍ بِما كَسَبَت لا ظُلمَ اليَومَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ سَريعُ الحِسابِ

40:18
Warn them about the imminent day, when the hearts will be terrified, and many will be remorseful. The transgressors will have no friend nor an intercessor to be obeyed.
وَأَنذِرهُم يَومَ الـٔازِفَةِ إِذِ القُلوبُ لَدَى الحَناجِرِ كٰظِمينَ ما لِلظّٰلِمينَ مِن حَميمٍ وَلا شَفيعٍ يُطاعُ

This reminds me of "I told you so" about accountability:
40:30
The one who believed said, "O my people, I fear for you the same fate as the previous opponents.
وَقالَ الَّذى ءامَنَ يٰقَومِ إِنّى أَخافُ عَلَيكُم مِثلَ يَومِ الأَحزابِ
40:31
"The opponents of Noah, and `Ãd, Thamoud, and others who came after them. God does not wish any injustice for the people.
مِثلَ دَأبِ قَومِ نوحٍ وَعادٍ وَثَمودَ وَالَّذينَ مِن بَعدِهِم وَمَا اللَّهُ يُريدُ ظُلمًا لِلعِبادِ
40:32
"O my people, I fear for you the Day of Summoning.
وَيٰقَومِ إِنّى أَخافُ عَلَيكُم يَومَ التَّنادِ
40:33
"That is the day when you may wish to turn around and flee. But nothing will protect you then from God. Whomever God sends astray,(Because of his/her own choices) nothing can guide him/her."
يَومَ تُوَلّونَ مُدبِرينَ ما لَكُم مِنَ اللَّهِ مِن عاصِمٍ وَمَن يُضلِلِ اللَّهُ فَما لَهُ مِن هادٍ

God s favour as a message came to us to help us choose right.Tragic Human error of "big ego". and the wrong choice, can we listen?.:
40:35
They argue against God's revelations, without any basis. This is a trait that is most abhorred by God and by those who believe. God thus seals the hearts of every arrogant tyrant.( Those who think they know better and choose what their ego desires!!)
الَّذينَ يُجٰدِلونَ فى ءايٰتِ اللَّهِ بِغَيرِ سُلطٰنٍ أَتىٰهُم كَبُرَ مَقتًا عِندَ اللَّهِ وَعِندَ الَّذينَ ءامَنوا كَذٰلِكَ يَطبَعُ اللَّهُ عَلىٰ كُلِّ قَلبِ مُتَكَبِّرٍ جَبّارٍ

The best deal/choice is clear to me from the message:
40:39
"O my people, this first life is a temporary illusion, while the Hereafter is the eternal abode."
يٰقَومِ إِنَّما هٰذِهِ الحَيوٰةُ الدُّنيا مَتٰعٌ وَإِنَّ الـٔاخِرَةَ هِىَ دارُ القَرارِ
40:40
Whoever commits a sin is requited for just that, and whoever works righteousness - male or female - while believing, these will enter Paradise wherein they receive provisions without any limits.
مَن عَمِلَ سَيِّئَةً فَلا يُجزىٰ إِلّا مِثلَها وَمَن عَمِلَ صٰلِحًا مِن ذَكَرٍ أَو أُنثىٰ وَهُوَ مُؤمِنٌ فَأُولٰئِكَ يَدخُلونَ الجَنَّةَ يُرزَقونَ فيها بِغَيرِ حِسابٍ

Is this not what we are debating here about the right choices?:

40:41
"O my people, while I invite you to be saved, you invite me to the hellfire.
وَيٰقَومِ ما لى أَدعوكُم إِلَى النَّجوٰةِ وَتَدعونَنى إِلَى النّارِ
40:42
"You invite me to be unappreciative of God, and to set up/ follow  choose beside Him idols that I do not recognize. I am inviting you to the Almighty, the Forgiver.
تَدعونَنى لِأَكفُرَ بِاللَّهِ وَأُشرِكَ بِهِ ما لَيسَ لى بِهِ عِلمٌ وَأَنا۠ أَدعوكُم إِلَى العَزيزِ الغَفّٰرِ
40:43
"There is no doubt that what you invite me to do has no basis in this world, nor in the Hereafter, that our ultimate return is to God, and that the transgressors have incurred the hellfire.
لا جَرَمَ أَنَّما تَدعونَنى إِلَيهِ لَيسَ لَهُ دَعوَةٌ فِى الدُّنيا وَلا فِى الـٔاخِرَةِ وَأَنَّ مَرَدَّنا إِلَى اللَّهِ وَأَنَّ المُسرِفينَ هُم أَصحٰبُ النّارِ
40:44
"Some day you will remember what I am telling you now. I leave the judgment of this matter to God; God is the Seer of all the people."
فَسَتَذكُرونَ ما أَقولُ لَكُم وَأُفَوِّضُ أَمرى إِلَى اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ بَصيرٌ بِالعِبادِ

Thank you all. GOD bless you.
Peace
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/