Author Topic: Are meteors really missiles thrown at jinns by angels?  (Read 891 times)

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
Re: Are meteors really missiles thrown at jinns by angels?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2019, 11:28:05 PM »
37:8 They cannot listen to the command up high; and they are bombarded from every side.

37:10 Any of them who snatches a part, he is pursued by a piercing flame.

QUESTIONS

1 from WHO they are trying to listen or trying to snatch ?
2 what they are trying to listen and snatch?

Ancient middle eastern people believe that the Angels / Gods were commonly gossiping about humans and future events among themselves on their abode high up in heaven. This is what they believed the "devil" is trying to snatch.

3 why dnt a powerful creator can create anti-virus or defence system or make a system through which they cant able to hear or snatch something ?

LOL if the true Creator of the universes really doesn't allow something then such something is 100% guaranteed will not happened. The actual mechanism varies..

4 what is the purpose of telling human being what he cannot possibly verify or understand, it seems human authors are still struggling making a interpretation ?

Bingo.. the author(s) are definitely confused..

5 science is telling a different story about comets and meteors ?

Science is a methodology thus it cannot tell a story.

By applying scientific methodology, which is basically learning from mistakes / false hypothesis to find relatively better explanation / hypothesis, human can prove that the ancient hypothesis of comets and meteors as a projectile thrown by angels / gods to the eavesdropping devils / demons / jinns is false.

And came up with a better hypothesis which lead to the differentiation between comets and meteors itself.

Comets are basically a remnant objects which pass through and influenced by the gravitational field of the sun. Comets are frozen gases, rock and dust that's is being heated up as it approached the sun thus emitting light that can be observed from earth.

While meteors are falling objects which captured by gravitational field of this earth. It heated up as it enters the earth's atmosphere thus emitting light that can be observed by human on this earth. Not all meteors will be totally burned by the atmosphere some of it will still have a significant size as it collided with the rocky surface of earth thus causing a huge explosion and creating a 'meteor crater' on the surface of this earth.

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2019, 05:25:57 AM »
Peace Jafar.
You say quote{

Have you ever consider an option where maybe it's the writings itself that are faulty?

I say ; Yes and I have eliminated this option after my study of Qoran.
Shall we compare our study of this book?

The rest of your post is assuming what you think I am assuming.

I am interpreting my take on Qoran according to my study of the book.
There are many verses that apply to the future in the book; like

Say: wait for the interpretations in the future, I am also waiting.
Also; quote from the book: Yawma Natwi Al Smaa Katayi  Al Sujuli Lil AlKutub, Kama Badana Awwala Khakin Nuhiduhu…"
يَومَ نَطوِى السَّماءَ كَطَىِّ السِّجِلِّ لِلكُتُبِ كَما بَدَأنا أَوَّلَ خَلقٍ نُعيدُهُ وَعدًا عَلَينا إِنّا كُنّا فٰعِلينَ

Or did this happen in the 7th century?
 I say this is waiting for a future generation to interpret it. We are not there yet?
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

Novice

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2019, 01:47:03 AM »
Salam Novice,

You are correct, the verse does speak to both Jinn and Humans. I can't conclude why they are both lumped together and whether the copper is meant for one and the fire for the other...The only observation to be made is that "copper" is a great conductor of energy and this is the only time we see it mentioned (all other verses deal with metal in a general form).

Salam Layth

May be the root ن ح س nūn ḥā sīn can give us some understanding. I am sorry but copper theory does not appeal to me as this root is used at two more places and does not convey the meanings of copper therein.

41:16 فَأَرۡسَلۡنَا عَلَيۡہِمۡ رِيحً۬ا صَرۡصَرً۬ا فِىٓ أَيَّامٍ۬ نَّحِسَاتٍ۬ لِّنُذِيقَهُمۡ عَذَابَ ٱلۡخِزۡىِ فِى ٱلۡحَيَوٰةِ ٱلدُّنۡيَا‌ۖ وَلَعَذَابُ ٱلۡأَخِرَةِ أَخۡزَىٰ‌ۖ وَهُمۡ لَا يُنصَرُونَ

54:19 إِنَّآ أَرۡسَلۡنَا عَلَيۡہِمۡ رِيحً۬ا صَرۡصَرً۬ا فِى يَوۡمِ نَحۡسٍ۬ مُّسۡتَمِرٍّ۬

hawk99

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2019, 04:20:13 PM »
Peace,

The Quran has real life applications,  :yes  that outer space thingy with
meteors and missiles and cooper  :nope:  makes no sense.  The question
for me is "how do those ayats apply to everyday life"?   :hmm
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

Novice

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2019, 12:35:40 AM »
In my humble understanding these ayats are telling that after God's revelation, conjectures or superstitions have no room in a believer's life. Fortune tellers and star readers are just guessing and have no knowledge of future.

quincy

• Apprentice
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2019, 07:59:22 AM »
Peace!

The problem of the modern world is that the majority of people are still depending on authorities and their statements because they think that they have valuable and infallible knowledge. Of course its the individuals choice whom it takes as its authority - today the majority (as well as i used to) are taking modern scientists as their authority or at least as someone who can provide intellectual answers. Some of their answers are considered to be intellectual and experimentally provable when others are simply philosophical concepts fortified by mathematical equations which doesn't necessarily need to represent the objective truth of reality.

When we look into the Qur'an and other scriptures we see that the astrological observations were extremely important in the ancient world. God mentions the Sabaeans with the Nazarenes and the Jews - the Sabaeans were Astronomers/Astrologers in the ancient world. Their interpretations of the heavens are still preserved in some occult writings. Today people don't look into the heavens because of the mass distraction of the screens. Nowadays they are everywhere, especially if you are living in a metropolis. So the "reality" of the heavens are presented to us by some institutions like NASA. When you take todays philosophical concept of the heavens and the universe as a whole - you will have a lot of problems understanding the Qur'an and such statements it makes.

Call me stupid if you want, i don't really care. Just keep in mind that those you call stupid today were also called heretics in the holy roman empire during the middle ages. Its paradox to call oneself free minded when you are still attached to dogmas in todays number one religion called atheistic scientism.
Say: "He is God, the One,"
"God, the Indivisible,"
"He does not beget, nor was He begotten,"
"And there is none who is His equal."