News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Is cosmetic surgery haram

Started by Sarah, September 01, 2019, 04:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Peace

If a person has always been insecure about a feature and changing it would get rid of that insecurity, would it be allowed?

'And I will mislead them, and I will arouse in them [sinful] desires, and I will command them so they will slit the ears of cattle, and I will command them so they will change the creation of Allah." And whoever takes Satan as an ally instead of Allah has certainly sustained a clear loss.' 4:119

What is the above verse referring to? I don't think slitting the ears of cattle is for the sake of making them look better...

When it comes to other methods of trying to look better, people get haircuts, pluck their eyebrows, lose/ gain weight etc. Isn't cosmetic surgery just another way to try to I guess beautify oneself?

'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

Amra94

If it's only a cosmetic thing, I think it's more Quranic to learn to accept parts of yourself that you're insecure about and be grateful for what you have.

3:6 It is He who forms you in the wombs however He wills. There is no deity except Him, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

Mohammed.

salaam,

Why the person do not depend his true creator if he really believes that there is a creator behind his existence & sustenance who is Just to all of His creation and capable of anything at anytime?

Why the creator made him/her abnormal?

Ponder over verses like 24:61.
Note that diseases/disabilities not mentioned in 2:155.

Examples of healing diseases/disabilities/defects in the Qur'an (3:49, 5:110)
17:89 And We have dispatched to the people in this Qur'an from every example, but most of the people refuse except (insisting) disbelief! (also 18:54, 30:58)

There is no specific mentioning of medicines/physicians/surgery etc. in the Qur'an, while diseases/illnesses/disabilities etc. mentioned! The Qur'an says it is complete.

Also, 31:17, 2:45-46, 153 etc.

Whatever scientific/technological developments we have, all these are happened/happening without having a proper understanding of the basics of our existence! I.e. even after all these interesting advancements, the so called 'evolved humans' are still not able to find a satisfactory explanation for 'life' and 'death'.
The conditions of earth became/becoming worse than ever. Still, we think we are evolving!
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

huruf

Cosmetic surgery has a proper usage when somebody is maimed, deformed or otherwise made a source o curiosity by some accident or hurts.

Also when the defect is from birth but still obviously a defect. If the person hs the courage to sumit herself to surgery it is a helpt rather than being the target of curiosity.

Salaam

SarahY

Salam

Cosmetic surgery will not necessarily rid one of a persons insecurities even if they may think (or strongly believe) it will.

I think one thing you learn through reading Quran is that not everything is haram and not everything is black and white.

We all have blind spots.
Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
ambiguity is there for a reason, why do you think?
We're all different, so how can we all be equal?

Mohammed.

Quote from: Amra94 on September 01, 2019, 09:29:28 PM
If it's only a cosmetic thing, I think it's more Quranic to learn to accept parts of yourself that you're insecure about and be grateful for what you have.

3:6 It is He who forms you in the wombs however He wills...

Isn't this logic applicable here:
Quote from: Amra94 on June 03, 2019, 09:39:15 AM
A lot of things can be considered a "disfiguration in nature" like ... taking birth control.

Also, 95:4 We have created the human being in the best form.

If God meant it (what you seek by birth control), He would already have designed females accordingly.
But why the creator didn't design so? While He was/is capable!

O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

jkhan

Quote from: Mohammed. on November 03, 2019, 07:27:38 AM
Isn't this logic applicable here:
Also, 95:4 We have created the human being in the best form.

If God meant it (what you seek by birth control), He would already have designed females accordingly.
But why the creator didn't design so? While He was/is capable!

Peace MOHAMED...
I don't see with deep study of Quran that there is anything wrong in cosmetic surgery or even plastic surgery... What is going wrong with us is we always demand or look for haram and halal for whole life from Quran .. That's totally wrong... We should use our wits with Quran... It's not book of Haram n halal... That's so weird in a way...  I know you will not like the way I explained... But if you with deep sense read Quran and Compare our life before technology and after technology there is answers if we use Quran in right angle....
Why you blame indirectly God saying " if God created perfect" ...God created perfect and put in  our hearts desires as well,  so people look for it...just think positive with everything where we use technology... For example one may ask if God created female perfect then why child birth scissors and why not normal delivery... That's wrong line of thought... If you have toothache why not remove with pain and why use painkillers and remove... God has eased our lives in every aspect just look in that angle...
Let us die with guidance

[url="https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7"]https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]

Mohammed.

I think I should be more general here:
Quote from: Mohammed. on November 03, 2019, 07:27:38 AM
He would already have designed females accordingly.

Should read
QuoteHe would already have designed humans (both male & female) accordingly.

TellMeTheTruth

Salam!
The keyword is اذان which has nothing to do with the topic i.e plastic surgery or slitting ears.
اذان is where ears and throat meet. A narrow path/or opening joined with a hollow opening. Thus means to cut off cattle throats/windpipes.

Secondly, if you want to stick with traditional translations then rest assured that Allah shapes you when you are in mothers bellies. After time it gets changed always till you die or do you remain like new born babies?

Peace!