Author Topic: Is cosmetic surgery haram  (Read 108 times)

Sarah

• Apprentice
Is cosmetic surgery haram
« on: September 01, 2019, 01:15:50 PM »
Peace

If a person has always been insecure about a feature and changing it would get rid of that insecurity, would it be allowed?

'And I will mislead them, and I will arouse in them [sinful] desires, and I will command them so they will slit the ears of cattle, and I will command them so they will change the creation of Allah." And whoever takes Satan as an ally instead of Allah has certainly sustained a clear loss.' 4:119

What is the above verse referring to? I don't think slitting the ears of cattle is for the sake of making them look better...

When it comes to other methods of trying to look better, people get haircuts, pluck their eyebrows, lose/ gain weight etc. Isn't cosmetic surgery just another way to try to I guess beautify oneself?

😃👀✋

Amra94

• Apprentice
Re: Is cosmetic surgery haram
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 06:29:28 PM »
If it's only a cosmetic thing, I think it's more Quranic to learn to accept parts of yourself that you're insecure about and be grateful for what you have.

3:6 It is He who forms you in the wombs however He wills. There is no deity except Him, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.