Author Topic: An ardent cry of help! Someone, please?  (Read 1076 times)

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
Re: An ardent cry of help! Someone, please?
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2019, 04:54:00 PM »
@ brother jaffar

as far i understand she/he is on about a FEELING,

feeling that he/she is not sure either God is real or fake or only in human mind this approach we called agnostic approach.

Just ask and the answer shall be given... those who asked a lot will find a lot, and those who never asked will never find.

sometimes a person ask again and again and again, he/she never get listen he feels every time failure eventually he/she released himself/herself from asking force thinks that the force never existed at first place these type of feelings..

when a person never experience God in his whole life let say untill 40 hes been ignored by God what he do ?
at this point he lose hope either he will think there is no God or God dnt wana listen him both are  not good feelings and these feelings will only lead to more confusion ...

Cerberus

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2019, 03:53:51 AM »
Why not just focus on yourself, and what goes on inside you, what makes you do this or that, how does it make you do it, and whether or not you retain your existence while doing it or are you just mindlessly dragged into it ? In other word, are you alive in a day to day basis or not ?

All people feel the need to feel alive, and that is the trap in my opinion, because to feel alive and to be alive are two different things, one is easy and tempting, the other one is hard and painful. And it doesn't matter what makes you feel alive, whether it is immersing yourself in a virtual world of a video game, or constantly hopping into emotional rollercoasters of TV series and news and gossips, or even an empty quest for a deity; whatever it is, it is likely to be a distraction from the real things, from your real self.

My advice would be to empty your senses for a while as they keep you bound to the outside world, and start doing some self-inquiry.

Rahma

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2019, 07:57:46 AM »

feeling that he/she is not sure either God is real or fake or only in human mind this approach we called agnostic approach.

This is exactly my anxiety. How will I ever know this is not my mind rambling? :((( How do i trust my mind when it’s the same mind that can fake so much ...?! It constantly perturbs me that it’s the same mind that convinces people about all sorts of gods and offers them peace. How do I trust my understanding? I have no desire to not have faith; but I do want to have faith that is based in surety and certainty :(

How do you guys know you’re holding on to the truth? What makes your faith any different from others’?

I wish you all the best with your faith and sincerity.

MissMarple77

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2019, 01:01:26 PM »
The bad thing nowadays is, the human mind and what it all can do, is worshipped like an idol (shirk). No one can weigh spiritual matters with it. Constantly trying to do something which is not possible surely makes one feel very empty.
And SOLIPSISM is the pure philosophy of the devil! Stay away from it to get cured from your depression.
Your HEART is ok, you want the truth. This is the important thing.
Good advice above from Cerberus to beware of virtual realities of different kind. I am not a born muslim, so I may not have such a good unterstanding, how you feel.
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. (Matthew 23:15)

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2019, 09:48:02 PM »
@ brother jaffar

sometimes a person ask again and again and again, he/she never get listen he feels every time failure eventually he/she released himself/herself from asking force thinks that the force never existed at first place these type of feelings..

Perhaps this is due to expectation?
The answer did came out but it's not in accordance to his/her expectation?
Thus he / she complaint that he / she never received any answer?

when a person never experience God in his whole life let say untill 40 hes been ignored by God what he do ?
at this point he lose hope either he will think there is no God or God dnt wana listen him both are  not good feelings and these feelings will only lead to more confusion ...

No one is ignored by God..
Perhaps this is again due to 'expectation'?

"You can't always get what you want, but you might find that you get what you need."
-- Mick Jagger

"One who is contented is rich"
-- Lao Tse

How do you guys know you’re holding on to the truth? What makes your faith any different from others’?

If what you're looking for is "the one and true religion" then the answer is there is no such thing as "the one and true religion".

The key for this is a realization that we're not holding on to the truth, it will allow our mind to be open minded and seek out the truth.
A realization that my 'faith' is no different than others, it contain mistakes as others, allow us to NOT feel special or superior compared to others. Such attitude will allows us to learn...

It also cast away the pride which is within you and allow you to be humble which is the right pose to learn.

Learning is from mistakes, learning is from mistakes.
The ability for self-criticism shall discover our mistakes or the mistakes within faith itself which we have identified with ourselves thus we call it "our faith".

That's why those who are proud and arrogant will never learn or grow, because he / she lacks the capability of realizing his / her own mistakes and/or learn from others.

But arrogant person still serves it purpose, they act as an example for the humble to learn from...

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2019, 01:35:08 AM »

No one is ignored by God..
Perhaps this is again due to 'expectation'?

"You can't always get what you want, but you might find that you get what you need."
-- Mick Jagger

i know its bit difficult to understand what i am trying to say because everyone have different situations in life i will try telling you a situation so that it will be easy to answer that situation someone is facing..

example : a person want to do work for his survival (food,cloths,rent) etc but due to restriction from authorities he/she is unable to do work and in this situation what all hes asking is "permission of work".

some of the examples are of those who are failed asylum seekers not allowed to do work and cant go back to their own countries and when their case is failed they are not entitled to any benefits from government and eventually they have option left to earn illegally where people treat them like modern slavery..

most of the cases its difficult for them to find a work, even if they find it somehow it wont long last that how they manage to live from the savings , whenever they apply for work it get refused which is covering your one point that sometimes we dont like the "answers".

what all he/she is asking is a permission of doing work not any wish or some expectations just a basic right ...

creator need to know his/her situation as he/she is asking from last many many years now how long creator want to delay his/her prayers for seeking a work ?

hes/she is willing to do work but he/she cant do it ? its like a kid dependent on parents want to eat food but parents refusing him and he eventually go outside on streets looking his food on chance basis/luck

at  this point he/she will think either GOD is real or not the approach of agnostic feelings.

on top of that his golden young years are getting waste and what he/she need for life  is getting more late like basic needs of making a family, a home , due to this he/she feel depression/tenshion @ extreme

NOTE other members can also input their insight i know lot of these type of cases not only failed asylum seekers but also people who are helpless in finding their way or they are blocked by something in life..

only if GOD wills can help them in those matters because its something like we say luck/chance/destiny etc

its kinda dangerous situation specially when he/she felt ignored by God on continuous basis one can think if God exist then he dnt wana help and if he dnt exist then its also not a good sign. due to which most of the times depression lead a person go astray ending up in using of drugs or mental illness or sometimes suicidal ..

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2019, 04:57:30 AM »

its kinda dangerous situation specially when he/she felt ignored by God on continuous basis one can think if God exist then he dnt wana help and if he dnt exist then its also not a good sign. due to which most of the times depression lead a person go astray ending up in using of drugs or mental illness or sometimes suicidal ..

Ah then this is related to depression...
Everyone went through some kind of depression during their short life on this earth.
It's normal and it's humane...

But it has nothing to do with whether God exist or not discussion..

But let's dig up more on this depression...

What caused depression?
Depression caused by continuing difficulties  –  from long-term unemployment, living in an abusive or uncaring relationship, long-term isolation or loneliness, prolonged work stress etc..
We can summarize that depression is caused by continuing mismatched between expectation / desire and reality.

Who experienced depression?
Nearly everyone at least on during some of their lifetime. Poor to Rich, Peasants to King..
A politician might suffer depression because he lost election 8 times, thus a mismatch definitely happened between his expectation / desire and reality.
When he finally won an election (he got what he desired for) he will face with gigantic problems and failures thus another mismatched happened between his expectation / desire and reality which might caused another depression.

With the above description, perhaps you can now have a good idea on how to deal with depression? or should I say a "mismatch between expectation / desire and reality".

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2019, 05:03:43 AM »
Peace All.
Some thoughts about "suffering" in this world.

It’s typical to think of the problem of evil like this: we picture ourselves in this world of suffering; then we picture ourselves in a world with far less suffering. And then we wonder, “Shouldn’t God have created us in the other world – the world with far less suffering?”

That’s a reasonable thought. But it’s a thought that relies on a philosophical mistake. It relies on the assumption that it would still be you and me(as humans ) who would exist in that other world. And that is highly controversial.

First let s quote Isiah:
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.”
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:8-9)[iii]

We often wish we could take some piece of suffering out of our world while keeping everything else the same. But it doesn’t work that way. Changing anything changes everything, and everyone.

why then should we be surprised when some of God’s reasons are beyond what we can fully grasp?

Why didn’t God create a different world? Well, it depends on what God was after. It depends on what God values. And what if one of the things He values, values greatly, is you, and the people you love, and each person who will ever live?

Without the possibility of significant suffering, practically every great true story in history would be false.

No one would ever have made a significant sacrifice for anyone else. No great moments of forgiveness and reconciliation. No opportunities to stand for justice against injustice. No compassion (because nothing to be compassionate about), no courage (because no dangerous situations requiring courage), no heroes, no such thing as laying down one’s life for another.
 Is it so obvious that God would create that world rather than our own? Why/
Criticism without alternative is empty. It’s easy to get mad at the world God has made. It’s much harder to say the world God should have made instead.
GOD bless.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

Rahma

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2019, 09:01:46 AM »
@Jafar

Even if the answer did come, why haven’t I been able to see it as an answer? What makes something an answer? How are you able to differentiate?

@Imran

Indeed. Having no answer leads to a depressive state ... and I am right there. I am truly blessed in all other ways: finances, family, support, anything you name I am more or less blessed. However, what I don’t have is what people call belief/faith. And it has taken away peace in all aspects of life. I have barely any will to move forward in life. I really don’t know what I should be doing to regain faith. God knows I am hanging on to a straw now.

@goodlogic

Thank you for your insightful words. They give me hope, but to really internalize all this I perhaps neef to arrive at this answer on my own. I am somewhat near it, though. But ofc my journey gets stalled by lack of faith and having no answers.

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2019, 10:20:01 AM »
@Jafar

Even if the answer did come, why haven’t I been able to see it as an answer? What makes something an answer? How are you able to differentiate?

Because it's not in accordance to your wish and expectation perhaps??

A small example from my past experience..
I was an ardent sunnis fanatics, all of my mindsets and views were typical sunnis.
Given in Sunnism in order to be Muslims the #1 requirement is the shahada and given I was told that Jesus was a Muslim too.
I then try to find the shahada in the Gospels..  that was my question where is the shahada in the Gospel to prove Jesus was a Muslim too. And my expectation is I will find Shahada in the Gospels.

The answer I found NO SHAHADA in the Gospels..

I don't like the answer, discussion among sunnis lead to that the Gospels was faked, there used to be a Shahada in the Gospel but the Christians Kuffars erased it.  They even show me the "Gospel With Shahada" (The so called Gospel of Barnabas). I was comforted with my 'faith'... at least for the time being.

Upon further contemplation, I concluded that this Gospel Of Barnabas seems to be suspicious as it also told that Adam recited the shahada. One thing lead to many other things .. I then realized that it was NOT the Gospels which are faked but it was my own belief that was ridiculous and fake, the shahada itself is fake. Why would I tried to find the shahada in the Gospel when Jesus existed before Muhammad? And why would Muhammad himself recited the shahada in the first place?

Given the #1 importance of Shahada in Islam, then my questioning lead to what is Islam when shahada itself is fake?
Then I found the answer of what is actually islam from unexpected sources, not in the Quran or Hadith or Saying of Imams but in the Gospels.

There are many other examples, the above is just a small example.. but the pattern is consistent once you're; open minded and open to be fully honest including accepting the fact that you and your own faith contain flaws and mistakes, realizing the truth will be an easy task.

Indeed. Having no answer leads to a depressive state ... and I am right there. I am truly blessed in all other ways: finances, family, support, anything you name I am more or less blessed. However, what I don’t have is what people call belief/faith. And it has taken away peace in all aspects of life. I have barely any will to move forward in life. I really don’t know what I should be doing to regain faith. God knows I am hanging on to a straw now.

Finances, family, support you are fully blessed...
Haven't you realized this? That you got everything that you need?

Thank you for your insightful words. They give me hope, but to really internalize all this I perhaps neef to arrive at this answer on my own. I am somewhat near it, though. But ofc my journey gets stalled by lack of faith and having no answers.

Humble attitude and open minded is the key..
Ask God show me my mistakes and flaws..