Author Topic: Does anybody else also sometimes feel lost when having to do worldly stuff  (Read 669 times)

Sarah

• Apprentice
Re: Does anybody else also sometimes feel lost when having to do worldly stuff
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 01:02:29 PM »
Strange, really strange! - that's quite exactly the time span I am wondering now what is going on in society now. Simple things like greeting for example. People now often don't greet at all or do it in a manner as if they had to pay money every time. Never ever saw this before in my life to this extent. Very un-quranic:

4:86 And if you were greeted with a greeting, so greet with better from (than) it, or return it, that God was/is on every thing counting/calculating.

I notice communication is collapsing. Both willingness and ability to communicate. Not something about difficult matters, just normal abilities to make conversation. They often can't stay more than one sentence with the same topic. Elder women who want to look at all costs like twens. Young women looking mostly not nice and pretty any more, like it used to be. But at the same time very obsessed with their body... and more ...

Yes, narcissistic, very dark and dense energy.

Feeling lost amongst God's enemies is a good sign to be probably on the right side, I would say. It's a difficult testing period now. But:

2:187 They (your wives) are your garment and you are a garment for them.

You've made some interesting points. But on the other hand, hasn't society always been a bit narcissistic? I mean if you read the Qur'an, the enemies wanted to stone certain prophets just for expressing their new religious views. Doesn't that show a great lack of empathy even thousands/ millions of years ago? Its something that's always been around.

I appreciate your answer but when you quoted that 2nd verse I  :'( *cries* lol I've never had a husband or partner before, it's so hard to even find one who follows the Qur'an alone because it means I'd have to gather the courage to seek someone online which isn't easy haha

Even though I'd love to have a partner, I think a partner is only one factor to feeling less lost. Sometimes the ones we love can also make us feel alienated if they for example behave in a certain way we may not like.
😃👀✋

MissMarple77

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2019, 04:20:40 AM »
Surely, people were never better. At least in known history. For example after Jesus departet, his disciples thought they are now in the end times and Jesus will shortly return. They surely had also some good reasons/perceptions of the world around them, to believe that. But there are some things which have never occured before. One thing, which is not so small as it sounds, is the immense amount of pictures, we are flooded nowadays in every day life. It has a big emotional impact on our subconscious. I think narcissism has to do something with it.

Seeking on the internet for a partner is something I personally would only do as a last resort, if there somehow would be no other chance. For friendship it's ok, for example if I know nobody who is interested in a particular hobby of mine. I have never understood how people can search for a partner with a check list in mind. Also I don't understand why some Quran alone believers want to marry only a Quranite. The intention to meet a believer in the quranic sense, so a Muslim - can also be a traditional muslim - is enough. Everything else is not within our control. I wish you all the best to find a good partner!
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. (Matthew 23:15)

Sarah

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2019, 01:33:48 PM »
Surely, people were never better. At least in known history. For example after Jesus departet, his disciples thought they are now in the end times and Jesus will shortly return. They surely had also some good reasons/perceptions of the world around them, to believe that. But there are some things which have never occured before. One thing, which is not so small as it sounds, is the immense amount of pictures, we are flooded nowadays in every day life. It has a big emotional impact on our subconscious. I think narcissism has to do something with it.

Seeking on the internet for a partner is something I personally would only do as a last resort, if there somehow would be no other chance. For friendship it's ok, for example if I know nobody who is interested in a particular hobby of mine. I have never understood how people can search for a partner with a check list in mind. Also I don't understand why some Quran alone believers want to marry only a Quranite. The intention to meet a believer in the quranic sense, so a Muslim - can also be a traditional muslim - is enough. Everything else is not within our control. I wish you all the best to find a good partner!

But narcissism is more than just about loving one's own reflection. I mean the selfishness, the huge ego, indifference for the fellow man. But it's true that the media affects our subconscious.

I ideally would like to marry someone who follows the Qur'an alone because I guess it's an ideal. But a very unrealistic ideal. What are the chances of trusting someone online, let alone being attracted to them when there's hardly any of us...the thing is, so many sites say that traditional Muslims idolise Muhammed therefore are not true believers. I don't know, it gets confusing. Sometimes I tell myself that as long as he'd believe in God and is a good person then maybe that's enough. But then a while after, I become filled with guilt because I don't know whether or not this person would be classed as a 'believer'.
😃👀✋

MissMarple77

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2019, 03:27:03 AM »
But where is the logic, when even christians (explicitly allowed at least the christian women) can be married (5:5). Then traditional muslims should not be allowed? What one favours is of course another thing.
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. (Matthew 23:15)