Author Topic: A.L.M...single letters and Does "Hûdan" and "Yahûd" are the same (jews) ?  (Read 298 times)

Iyyaka

• Apprentice
Salam Everyone,

We will closely study an important letter that will allow us once again to "Tadabbour" and better understand the specific message of the Qur'an.
The [Ya] is both used as a consonant and as a vocalization in the extension of the sound ['i'].

First, the Ethymology {H,D} from the radical Hûdan means to guide.

Second, list the verses for the word Hûdan and the word Yahûd (translated by jews without distinction) :

- Hûdan : (2:62), (4:46), (4:160), (5:41), (5:44), (5:69), (6:146), (16:118), (22:17), (62:6), (2:111), (2:135) and (2:140)
- Yahûd : (2:113), (2:120), (3:67), (5:18), (5:51), (5:64), (5:82) and (9:30)

So now what is the difference ?
- Hûdan : Jews (general community) -> Those who has received the Guidance with a neutral or positive connotation
- Yahûd : Jews (some from the general community) -> with an exclusive NEGATIVE connotation.
They have the Guidance but they act in the opposite direction !

In conclusion, we have one of the functions (the function?) of this letter [Ya] is to reverse, to invert, opposite things

Other Examples :
- {B,S} = soft (like a bread) # [Y-B-S] = Hard
- {A,S} = Power # [Y-A-S] = power loss
- {T,M} = complete # [Y-T-M] = INcomplete (orphan)
- {R,Q} = lower, reduce # [R-Q-Y] = to raise..
etc..

Also, from the sound, we can remark that this letter allow to increase the sound ['i']#['iiii'] : Short # Long..Opposite.

Peace
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it. (Luke - 11:26)

ade_cool

• Apprentice
Re: A.L.M...single letters and Does "Hûdan" and "Yahûd" are the same (jews) ?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 07:03:08 AM »
Salam Everyone,

We will closely study an important letter that will allow us once again to "Tadabbour" and better understand the specific message of the Qur'an.
The [Ya] is both used as a consonant and as a vocalization in the extension of the sound ['i'].

First, the Ethymology {H,D} from the radical Hûdan means to guide.

Second, list the verses for the word Hûdan and the word Yahûd (translated by jews without distinction) :

- Hûdan : (2:62), (4:46), (4:160), (5:41), (5:44), (5:69), (6:146), (16:118), (22:17), (62:6), (2:111), (2:135) and (2:140)
- Yahûd : (2:113), (2:120), (3:67), (5:18), (5:51), (5:64), (5:82) and (9:30)

So now what is the difference ?
- Hûdan : Jews (general community) -> Those who has received the Guidance with a neutral or positive connotation
- Yahûd : Jews (some from the general community) -> with an exclusive NEGATIVE connotation.
They have the Guidance but they act in the opposite direction !

In conclusion, we have one of the functions (the function?) of this letter [Ya] is to reverse, to invert, opposite things

Other Examples :
- {B,S} = soft (like a bread) # [Y-B-S] = Hard
- {A,S} = Power # [Y-A-S] = power loss
- {T,M} = complete # [Y-T-M] = INcomplete (orphan)
- {R,Q} = lower, reduce # [R-Q-Y] = to raise..
etc..

Also, from the sound, we can remark that this letter allow to increase the sound ['i']#['iiii'] : Short # Long..Opposite.

Peace

Salam Iyyaka,

Thanks for sharing this! I have been puzzled with Al-Yahud because the root means to guide but somehow in Quran, the usage is always negative. Now it makes sense.

Would you mind giving some other examples please?

Wassalam,
Ade

Iyyaka

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 12:51:48 PM »
Salam ade_cool,

Thanks and i am happy if my post help you to have a better understanding of the Quran.

This a vast subject.

To be simple we have 2 main approaches to find a root definition of a word :

1) Classical dictionaries (Almost all people know ONLY Arabic by them) based on a triliteral root conception

2) Evolutionary approach (you can find more study about this approach with our hebrew brothers) => A quick summary :
Each pictogramm means something and when two pictographs are put together, a Parent Root word is formed.
Then, Formed out of the Parent Roots are different Child Roots : The first is formed by doubling the last letter of the Parent Root and the other Child roots are formed by placing a vowel within the Parent Root. At this level you have the lettres "Wa" and "Ya" which are used to form a child root.
Finally, An adopted root is a three letter root that is formed out of a parent root. These roots evolved over time out of the original parent roots. Adopted roots are formed by adding a third consonant to a Parent Root forming a new root that is usually more specific in meaning than the parent. Sometimes a fourth consonant are used too.

I think that the 2 approaches are useful.
I am a student in the second one and i share with you my research or people's others research on this domain.

For returning to your question,  the letter "Ya" is interesting to analyze in its relation with the other letter "Wa" (both have a role of a vowel and a consonant), when it used in the middle of a triliterous root .

An example from the Qur'an: S-W-R (س و ر) and S-Y-R (س ی ر)
In the evolutionary approach discussed above (Approach # 2), the Parent Root is "S-R".
By adding a "Wa" we have a child root "S-W-R" and adding "Ya" we have another child root "S-Y-R".
Being in the middle of the root, the letter "Ya" does not reverse the meaning of the parent root "S-R" but completes it in contrast to the "Wa".
The "Wa" means "to be associated with", the state of a thing, a characteristic of something, more interior.
Thus, the "Ya", by contrast, is related to something external, related to the world and in our relationship with the world around us.
Thus the root SYR refers to the idea of ​​movement, actions whereas the root SWR will return to the idea of ​​a protected city, as frozen, motionless sheltered between large walls or in the state of greatness of a being.

If this logic is useful, then one may perhaps better understand the difference between S-Y-M and S-W-M (Both root mean "Fasting" in traditionnal views) as the difference between Q-Y-M and Q-W-M. The difference is minimal but the exegetical consequences are enormous.
A big study to lead with the best judge: Al-Quran.

Peace to you brother.
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it. (Luke - 11:26)

ade_cool

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 07:47:28 AM »
Salam Iyyaka,

Your post has helped me gaining better understanding of Quran. Please continue sharing!

Thanks for the answer! If I understand correctly, what you explained in your last post is different from the one before. Actually I was asking for some more examples of the pattern you explained in the first post. Now that I have clarified my question, please kindly answer again.

Wassalam,
Ade

Iyyaka

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 09:17:45 AM »
Salam ade_cool,

No it is not different between my 2 posts. The function (alone?) of the letter "Ya" is to make a contrast or to revert/opposite an idea.

In my first post, The letter "Ya" is at the beginning of a triliteral root (prefix) => Impact on the parent root.

In my second post, the letter "Ya" is in the middle of a triliteral root and it seems to play his role by contrast with the letter "Wa", not with the parent root.

As i sayed, i am a student on this domain of research and i gave u my knowledge on this subject, and specially with the rule of the letter "Ya" according to his place in a triliteral root (First, second).

So, as me, if you are interesting make your own research and share with us as i will do.

Peace brother.

ade_cool

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 09:27:53 AM »
Salam ade_cool,

No it is not different between my 2 posts. The function (alone?) of the letter "Ya" is to make a contrast or to revert/opposite an idea.

In my first post, The letter "Ya" is at the beginning of a triliteral root (prefix) => Impact on the parent root.

In my second post, the letter "Ya" is in the middle of a triliteral root and it seems to play his role by contrast with the letter "Wa", not with the parent root.

As i sayed, i am a student on this domain of research and i gave u my knowledge on this subject, and specially with the rule of the letter "Ya" according to his place in a triliteral root (First, second).

So, as me, if you are interesting make your own research and share with us as i will do.

Peace brother.

Salam Iyyaka,

I see ...ok well noted with thanks

The domain research is interesting and I think it has potential to open up new approach to better understand Quran. So please keep us updated on the research progress.

Wassalam,
Ade

Iyyaka

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 02:23:33 PM »
Yes ade_cool, many approaches can and must be used, under quranic control, if it permits to be close or reach the truth even if our dogmas or egos are shaken (sunnat allah !)
Peace.