Author Topic: salam alaykum  (Read 226 times)

kenybanez

• Beginner/Inquirer
salam alaykum
« on: September 12, 2018, 06:33:06 AM »
Assalam  Alaykum everone. I would like to ask if the morning is different from dawn and if evening is different from Isha. The reason why I asked, is due to fact that we as muslim are  commanded by Allah to remember him without loudness of speech in the mornings and evenings( please see Quran 7:205). So I was wondering if they are synonymous from one another or are they're actually two different time frames. Thanks!

Novice

• Truth Seeker
Re: salam alaykum
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 06:14:51 PM »
Assalam  Alaykum everone. I would like to ask if the morning is different from dawn and if evening is different from Isha. The reason why I asked, is due to fact that we as muslim are  commanded by Allah to remember him without loudness of speech in the mornings and evenings( please see Quran 7:205). So I was wondering if they are synonymous from one another or are they're actually two different time frames. Thanks!

Salaam

So we are not commanded to remember Allah during rest of the time as per your translation? How you remember Allah and what you get by remembering Him?

kenybanez

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 05:59:35 AM »
Salaam

So we are not commanded to remember Allah during rest of the time as per your translation? How you remember Allah and what you get by remembering Him?

Well I believe from the above verse that I provided, that He commands us to remember Him at those specific times. If we do what we are told we could get rewards from Him; Insha'Allah( If God Wills). After all, He does promise a geeat reward for those who remember Him often. Please see verses( 2:152, 33:41, 33:35 , 7:205)

Novice

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 05:54:44 PM »
Well I believe from the above verse that I provided, that He commands us to remember Him at those specific times. If we do what we are told we could get rewards from Him; Insha'Allah( If God Wills). After all, He does promise a geeat reward for those who remember Him often. Please see verses( 2:152, 33:41, 33:35 , 7:205)

So the Creator you believe in is in need of your remembrance. Is He not Ghani,,,free of needs? Why you think you will be rewarded if you remember Him at specific times?

kenybanez

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 05:40:10 PM »
So the Creator you believe in is in need of your remembrance. Is He not Ghani,,,free of needs? Why you think you will be rewarded if you remember Him at specific times?

He doesn't need our remembance, however it is for our own benifit that we should. He will reward us ( If God Wills ) because we are commanded to do so. And why should we not remember our Lord? What is wrong on remembering him? Doing dhikr is one noble act that might grant us Paradise. And plus why should we not remember Him? Afterall He made us, and grant us provisions and blessings. So the best that we can do is to establish acts of worship; one of them is to establish dhikr during those time I mentioned.

Novice

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 12:11:52 AM »

He doesn't need our remembance,

Period. He is Al-Ghani and does not need anything from us.

however it is for our own benifit that we should.

We can get benefit by following His guidance and not by parroting His names.

He will reward us ( If God Wills ) because we are commanded to do so.

He has commanded us to follow His guidance and get rewarded.

And why should we not remember our Lord? What is wrong on remembering him? Doing dhikr is one noble act that might grant us Paradise. And plus why should we not remember Him? Afterall He made us, and grant us provisions and blessings. So the best that we can do is to establish acts of worship; one of them is to establish dhikr during those time I mentioned.

Remembering Him is to remember His guidance. Anything else is man made ritualism.