Author Topic: LGBT: Seeking a life partner  (Read 327 times)

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
Re: LGBT: Seeking a life partner
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 03:51:38 AM »
Peace All.
There is always a fine line between accepting who we are and "working hard" towards who we should be.
This has nothing to do with judging people or people looking for excuses. This has to do with  "taming our psyche/mind".

We do not accept correction if we do not see the problem . All of us are fighting a monster inside (the one which desires and insists on getting most of what it desires).

The more I study Qoran, the more I realise our life is about:
1-Purify ourselves(spiritually and physically).i.e taming our mind to filter our thoughts before they become actions and changing our attitude to accept disappointments  and hardship.
2- Pain leads to gain. There is no easy way. Giving in to our desires leads to impurity.

Of course I understand it is easy for me to say. However I am living this struggle myself  and I am speaking from experience of having all sorts of desires and confusions and lusts and...Just like any "normal human" being.

I find that GOD through Qoran has been my saviour.
I am certain, in the last few years ,if I did not have my Lord in my mind 24/7,I would have committed many crimes including Zina, false witness,calling and back biting others...etc. After all I did many wrong things before that in my life and got away with it or so I thought!!!
Ya, there is no easy way. Do we want to purify ourselves? An honest rewarding question that needs a sincere heart plus a lot of hard work to execute.
An ongoing struggle daily.
May the Lord help us all.
GOD bless.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say: I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

Cerberus

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 04:50:08 AM »
Peace All.
There is always a fine line between accepting who we are and "working hard" towards who we should be.
This has nothing to do with judging people or people looking for excuses. This has to do with  "taming our psyche/mind".

We do not accept correction if we do not see the problem . All of us are fighting a monster inside (the one which desires and insists on getting most of what it desires).

The more I study Qoran, the more I realise our life is about:
1-Purify ourselves(spiritually and physically).i.e taming our mind to filter our thoughts before they become actions and changing our attitude to accept disappointments  and hardship.
2- Pain leads to gain. There is no easy way. Giving in to our desires leads to impurity.

Of course I understand it is easy for me to say. However I am living this struggle myself  and I am speaking from experience of having all sorts of desires and confusions and lusts and...Just like any "normal human" being.

I find that GOD through Qoran has been my saviour.
I am certain, in the last few years ,if I did not have my Lord in my mind 24/7,I would have committed many crimes including Zina, false witness,calling and back biting others...etc. After all I did many wrong things before that in my life and got away with it or so I thought!!!
Ya, there is no easy way. Do we want to purify ourselves? An honest rewarding question that needs a sincere heart plus a lot of hard work to execute.
An ongoing struggle daily.
May the Lord help us all.
GOD bless.
Peace.
I see you speak a lot of truth.  :handshake:

Cerberus

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 05:27:20 AM »
Since I'm a homosexual, I can tell you that's not true. I've been attracted to people of the same gender for as long as I can remember (probably since I was 10 years old). It's a part of who I am, and I didn't choose to be this way. I also can't choose to be straight, for the same reason that a straight guy or woman can't choose to be attracted to the same gender.

What if regardless of who we are attracted to, You (as someone attracted to men) and Me (as someone attracted to women) were both commanded to only engage in a sexual act for the higher and noble purpose of CREATION ?

Wouldn't that put us both in the same situation ?

bookish

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2018, 05:36:46 AM »
What if regardless of who we are attracted to, You (as someone attracted to men) and Me (as someone attracted to women) were both commanded to only engage in a sexual act for the higher and noble purpose of CREATION ?

Wouldn't that put us both in the same situation ?

Salaam Cerberus,

You're attracted to women so it'd be easy for you to have sex with a woman and have kids. I believe that's what you meant by "a sexual act for the higher and noble purpose of CREATION." That's not possible for me. It would be unfair to a woman; to get married to her and have sex with her for kids when you're actually drawn to men. Gay men in conservative environments may have done that, but then many of them secretly have sex with other men after marriage. In my opinion, that's an obviously wrong thing to do. God knows best.

How can the situation be the same?

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 06:38:12 AM »

TRUE some people dnt have ability to give birth and also some people cant develope the feelings for opposite sex. some people only attracted towards aged women, some people go for threesome its all here depending on what one is actually.

feelings play a very important role in sex/relationships
everybody like color/culture/race have different feelings some goes for this some goes for that.

about purpose of creation we are not creator the one who have to come at this planet earth will definately come at his/her appointed time its all about the planning of God when God make a olan that this sex will bring that character in this life so women autimatically start thinking and develop the feeling about the result of sex/love what they both had.

a sudden question come in mind ?
are we just tools who are fullfilling the purpose unknown ? or we are acting or role as a task given to us?

is there is any purpose behind purpose ? obviousky yes the purpose what we cant percieve atm but when we will able to understand we may say aww thats ehy we were in the planet earth

example a team of engineers come to the remote area the built a bridge for them as they were unable to make it after that they left the town when bridge construction finished by the time they finished they think its purposeless things why simebody want us to make a bridge here when nobody will gona use it.

after 10 years they visit the town again and they see that remote area get advance just because this bridge make people think from different perceptions of getting success.

now they understand it was not purposeless

may b after we finish frim this world our God let us visist earth again to understand what was our purpose and then we say subhanAllah
SO which of the MIRACLES/MARVELS of your Lord you will deny
55:55.

Cerberus

• Apprentice
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 09:21:13 AM »
You're attracted to women so it'd be easy for you to have sex with a woman and have kids. I believe that's what you meant by "a sexual act for the higher and noble purpose of CREATION." That's not possible for me. It would be unfair to a woman; to get married to her and have sex with her for kids when you're actually drawn to men. Gay men in conservative environments may have done that, but then many of them secretly have sex with other men after marriage. In my opinion, that's an obviously wrong thing to do. God knows best.

What I mean is, if we put all the things we love and hate and put it all in a basket aside, and then look at the subject at hand, doesn't that put us in the same situation ? We are only differing because we love different things.

Regardless of who or what we are rubbing our skin against, the intention is one of the two :  pleasure or procreation.
And it's only when the intent is pleasure that you find yourself with all sort of options and all these labels and scales and what not, while on the other hand there is only one way of achieving procreation. And this is worth questioning.

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 09:37:32 AM »
So should eating or drinking be prohibited except the strictly necessary for staying alive and have enough strength to obtain food and drinking to eat next time for staying alive, nd of course no effort whatsoever should be spend in making food tasteful or pleasurable since it is not necessary for staying alive.

Adn we should not caress persons or dogs since it is ot necessary neither for reprodduction nor for staying alive.

Pleasure for no purpose is sin, right?

Cerberus I suppuse you ill gorw ot of it, but the outlook you express on these things is dismal.

I suppose we should place chastity belts on women after they reach non reproducing age, so that they do not sin.

I am baffled.

Salaam

Cerberus

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2018, 12:54:55 PM »
Concerning your first point, I think there is wisdom in living doing what is required and necessary only. Although you may try to describe it in a way that make it sound crazy, but if we tried to do that we  are likely to fail because of the attachment to all the unnecessary things we filled our life with. Like a wasteland.

As for prohibitions,  how much power do you think prohibition has over us when we don't have power over ourselves ?

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2018, 02:22:12 PM »
Concerning your first point, I think there is wisdom in living doing what is required and necessary only. Although you may try to describe it in a way that make it sound crazy, but if we tried to do that we  are likely to fail because of the attachment to all the unnecessary things we filled our life with. Like a wasteland.

As for prohibitions,  how much power do you think prohibition has over us when we don't have power over ourselves ?

Do you really need or are quired to write or read in this forum? If it is, why?

Salaam

es

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2018, 03:56:15 PM »
Peace,

I am quite surprised at the inquisition which this post has inspired. I am further surprised at the grace with which "bookish" has handled the intrusion into his personal life.

Perhaps it would be far more prudent to take this debate elsewhere, and it would constitute better manners to not ask such personal questions of someone who has posted on here looking for a partner  - not for judgment.

Peace.

Sajda.