Author Topic: 56 and possibly alone till I die!  (Read 296 times)

Scrappy-doo

• Apprentice
56 and possibly alone till I die!
« on: July 07, 2018, 06:22:52 AM »
I am a 56 year old woman, mad as a hatter, One God consciousness, and the Qur'an is my only source for guidance. I do not apologise for my Lords directives, even if it means not speaking to family members. I have resigned myself to the possibility that I might never find a partner in this life, and that's OK, it's just lonely sometimes, but I am a very strong individual, it only gets to me when there are family holidays going on.  I'll be surprised if I meet anyone on here though, everyone is either so young or married! I believe that one must be in a witnessed contract before any sexual relations can take place, not necessarily a wedding ceremony, but some kind of contract. The man has to be a believer, or it just won't work for me.

Thanks for your time!

🧚‍♂️
Non illigitimus carborundum

Neptin

• Truth Seeker
Re: 56 and possibly alone till I die!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 08:09:31 PM »
Peace.

My heart goes to you. I think you should say your prayers & meet non-Muslims who are monotheists, such as Unitarian Christians, Jews and Deists. Don't limit yourself to those who accept the Qur'an.

I am in the same condition, though I am male and younger.
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
Flames Of Truth

Scrappy-doo

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 10:53:44 AM »
Thank you. You are very kind. I couldn't possibly! I could only have a believing partner. I follow God's message in the Qur'an, it just wouldn't work for me if the person I was close to didn't share the same view.  :sun:
Non illigitimus carborundum

New Born

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 03:21:19 PM »
I am younger but I feel the same, I actually met some Quran alone ladies but we weren't a good match.

I wish you the best and God bless you.

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 09:05:02 PM »
Peace Scrappy-doo.
  Never despair of GOD s mercy.
May be it is easy for me to say, but I am genuinely sharing with you a way that works . Prayer and asking support /help from GOD..
You may already do that as a believer,.
I will also share some verses with you:

19:32 He called his Lord, a secret call.”

19:4″ He said” My Lord, the bones have turned brittle in my body and my hair is aflame with grey. As I implore you, my Lord, I never despair.” “

19:58″ These are some of the prophets (and believers) Whom GOD blessed. They were chosen from the descendants of Adam and the descendants of Noah, and the descendants of Abraham, Israel and from among those whom We guided and selected. When the revelations of the Most Gracious ( Your Lord and mine) were recited to them, they fell prostrate, weeping.” ( and praying!)

19:59″ After them, came generations who lost the prayers ( to the ONE GOD ONLY!) and pursued their desires. ( and lusts, some are praying to their idols, some are preoccupied with this life, most have forgotten GOD!) They will suffer the consequences.”

22:11″ Among the people, there is the one who serves/follows ( and prays to ) GOD conditionally. If things go his/her way, he/she is content. But ,if some adversity befalls him/her, he/she makes an about face. Thus he/she loses both this life and the hereafter. Such is the real loss.” ( we have to stay loyal to GOD? Even if  our prayer is not answered? And be patient?)

22:15″ If anyone thinks that GOD cannot support him/her in this life and in the hereafter, let him/her turn completely to ( the creator in ) heaven, ( submit and stay loyal to GOD ) and sever his/her dependence on anyone else. ( and pray to GOD ALONE!) HE/She will then see that this plan eliminates anything that bothers him/her.”

22:54″ Those who are blessed with knowledge ( Follow the word of GOD) will recognise the truth from your Lord, then believe in it, and their hearts readily accept it. Most assuredly, GOD guides the believers in the right path.” ( GOD ALONE, for prayer and everything we need. No idols!)

22:74″ They do not value GOD as HE should be valued! GOD is the Most Powerful, the ALMIGHTY.”

"When my servants/Ibadi ask about Me, I am near, I will answer the prayers of those who implore Me/ask Me..."
GOD answers our prayers ,eventually.(If it is negative,it is for our own good/a  blessing in disguise)

Good luck with  your prayers.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:” I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.”

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 12:49:02 AM »
I don't think you should give up on finding a partner. I've seen people dating or marrying even at the age of 70 and over that too. If you don't find here you could try the Muslim matrimony sites that exist but not sure how good they are. Anyway good luck to you and I wish you the best :)