News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Wakas Mentioned by a Reddit User: Any Idea Who This Person Is?

Started by reel, June 16, 2018, 05:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reel

I'm kinda going through dilemma about a user reported many times by others on our subreddit. In the future, I will have no choice, but to ban him if another report shows up. Since he is under watch, I came across a line of his about Wakas and of course, it was negative just like majority of his comments:

QuoteI literally had questions for you and instead of explaining, you lost a bunch of nonsense and commit the fallacy fallacy. You sound like Wakas from Free-Minds. All talk.

I have a feeling he was a member of this forum. Please post here anything that seems familiar to you about him.

Here is the link to his profile:https://www.reddit.com/user/peaceful_strong_man

I do believe banning him will not be enough. The Quran followers must be alerted because of this:

1. He seems to comment just to attack people's personality and understanding. It feels as if he is intentionally creating a hostile environment. It is all mainly ad hominem.

2. He has been desperately trying to prove we are violent. He posted this fake page some weeks ago: https://www.facebook.com/quranalonemujahideen/

3. He has been intentionally playing hypocrite. See:
One user wrote to him: "I can't look through your comments man you seem genuinely hateful and bitter"

The suspect's answer: Thanks. That is your perception, but at least I am not ignorant, know that fasting isn?t in Umaradan and not doubting God

4. Not just me, but also two other users previously caught him using lies and exaggeration with the sole purpose of discouraging any conversation on our sub.Couple of days ago, he came to do the same with me. This helped me understand much better that his attacks towards members are not random, but planned.

6. He has been  so great at provoking the members that they end up returning the favor.In such situation, banning him alone became unfair.

7. The username he picked up mimics the username of another of our member. Shills  tend to do that.

8. He is using gaslighting beyond what normal human beings are capable of. That's a classic trait of Russia sponsored trolls. By the way, he promotes sam's work.

9. He comes up with ridiculous conclusions about verses. One example here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Quraniyoon/comments/8qzlvi/he_among_you_who_witnesses_the_month/
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

good logic

Peace reel.
This style seems familiar ,quote:

I was a former Salafi who was blindly following the "leaders" of the "religion" in Saudi Arabia. Until one day i started reading the Quran and the Previous Scriptures such as the Gospel, the Psalms and the Tora.
That's when my eyes opened. And that's when i started seeing that these neo-religious ones are just mixing their own fabricated doctrines with the Books of God.
I rather study the Word on my own by asking God to Teach it to me.
Do you know how to read the moon and the sun? And there is not such a thing as an "Eid" after Ramadaan. And the Ramadaan they now follow isn't even in sync with the real calendar because a month can't travel trough the year.
They have to use the sun as well. The moon can give us accurate timings. But if we don't use the sun as well. Then we will not follow a synced calendar.

A past member who was promoting  the Quran and the Previous Scriptures such as the Gospel, the Psalms and the Tora?

You can deduce who this member might be, but  of course one needs evidence to be sure.

As for being alerted, we should not worry about motives or intentions of others if we seek the truth. We trust in GOD Alone and persevere regardless. GOD is very much aware of falsehood and its followers and the truth and its followers. GOD sorts out everything and witnesses all things.
GOD is the truth, GOD has the truth, followers of the truth will prevail, eventually,
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]

Wakas

He sounds like a troll, just ban him (and possibly delete his content).

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Rafael

O you who have believed, avoid much assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin.And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful. 49:12

Cerberus

that's quite overly dramatized.

But it's ironic how he wants to be a "peaceful" man and puts little effort in becoming one, thinking devoting his time to quran makes him better than everyone else, gathering some knowledge by which he intends to win online battles with, while the soul remains unchanged, ugly.

"Oh holy asininity! holy ignorance!
Holy foolishness and pious devotion!
You who alone do more to advance and make souls good
Than human ingenuity and study..."

reel

Quote from: good logic on June 17, 2018, 08:23:18 AM
Peace reel.
This style seems familiar ,quote:

I was a former Salafi who was blindly following the "leaders" of the "religion" in Saudi Arabia. Until one day i started reading the Quran and the Previous Scriptures such as the Gospel, the Psalms and the Tora.
That's when my eyes opened. And that's when i started seeing that these neo-religious ones are just mixing their own fabricated doctrines with the Books of God.
I rather study the Word on my own by asking God to Teach it to me.
Do you know how to read the moon and the sun? And there is not such a thing as an "Eid" after Ramadaan. And the Ramadaan they now follow isn't even in sync with the real calendar because a month can't travel trough the year.
They have to use the sun as well. The moon can give us accurate timings. But if we don't use the sun as well. Then we will not follow a synced calendar.

A past member who was promoting  the Quran and the Previous Scriptures such as the Gospel, the Psalms and the Tora?

You can deduce who this member might be, but  of course one needs evidence to be sure.

Yes, I was able to recognize him  :D

Quote from: good logic on June 17, 2018, 08:23:18 AM

As for being alerted, we should not worry about motives or intentions of others if we seek the truth. We trust in GOD Alone and persevere regardless. GOD is very much aware of falsehood and its followers and the truth and its followers. GOD sorts out everything and witnesses all things.
GOD is the truth, GOD has the truth, followers of the truth will prevail, eventually,
GOD bless you.
Peace.

You always bring relaxation with your comments  :handshake:

Pray for our subreddit members also.

Quote from: Cerberus on June 18, 2018, 01:11:30 AM
that's quite overly dramatized.

But it's ironic how he wants to be a "peaceful" man and puts little effort in becoming one, thinking devoting his time to quran makes him better than everyone else, gathering some knowledge by which he intends to win online battles with, while the soul remains unchanged, ugly.

"Oh holy asininity! holy ignorance!
Holy foolishness and pious devotion!
You who alone do more to advance and make souls good
Than human ingenuity and study..."

If you just notice, Quran followers have certain characteristics not found in other groups. It is very easy to detect one directly from his speech even if he is new.

I do wonder whether  one can follow Quran without changing the soul. The separation between the two seems to be like going "back to square one".

Quote from: Rafael on June 17, 2018, 06:39:11 PM
O you who have believed, avoid much assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin.And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful. 49:12

God gives us the right to investigate in case of danger. By the way, this is not spying or backbiting. The post is on a forum which can be accessed just by anyone.

Note:

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah , even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort or refuse, then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted.4:135

Lesson: We are to be Muslim.

O you who believe! If comes to you a wicked person with information, investigate, lest you harm a people in ignorance, then you become, over what you have done, regretful.49:6

Lesson: Our members don't deserve to be dehumanized.

And when comes to them a matter of the security or fear they spread it. But if they (had) referred it to the Messenger and to those having authority among them, surely would have known it those who draw correct conclusion from it among them. And if not had been the bounty of Allah on you and His Mercy, surely you would have followed the Shaitaan except a few.4:83

Lesson: I ain't gonna do a single thing about the user unless a pattern is established through reference.

Quote from: Wakas on June 17, 2018, 09:12:18 AM

He sounds like a troll, just ban him (and possibly delete his content).

He does sound like one.

"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

The Sardar

Ex-hypocrite

I haven't seen him in over two months, I think he might have been banned or something. I checked out his profile he posts on r/TheRedPill and other misogynist subreddits. He even said "women shouldn't be in charge of policing this kind of discussions" I don't mind disagreeing with people, but I don't think he has contributed positively in the discussions

Rilum

Salam,

I do not make assumptions about this here in this forum

Peace.

reel

Quote from: Ex-hypocrite on August 10, 2018, 11:28:11 PM
I haven't seen him in over two months, I think he might have been banned or something. I checked out his profile he posts on r/TheRedPill and other misogynist subreddits. He even said "women shouldn't be in charge of policing this kind of discussions" I don't mind disagreeing with people, but I don't think he has contributed positively in the discussions

Yeah, he was eventually banned. I am familiar with that line. If I remember correctly he used something similar against us females at our subreddit.

It was becoming clear that he was no Quran aloner. It felt as if he was pretending to be one, but by mistake, studied the behavior of orthodox sunnis mixed up with sammy's alpha male ideology.