Author Topic: 7th full moon after the spring equinox - 2017 5th October  (Read 5331 times)

theNabster

• Advanced Truth Seeker
7th full moon after the spring equinox - 2017 5th October
« on: September 28, 2017, 08:42:55 AM »
Salam

This is how I am settled for Ramadhan once & for all until I die -

The fast starts on the 7th full moon after the Spring equinox.

This year the 7th full moon after the spring equinox is 5th October 2017.

So I will fast 3 to 10 days starting the 6th October 2017.

The Quran was revealed on the equinox day with full moon on 20 September 617
at the night between 20/09/617 & 21/09/617.

Check here - http://astropixels.com/ephemeris/phasescat/phases0601.html

Twitter Link:
https://twitter.com/meNabster/status/913430927262527489
41:53 We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to
them that this (the Qur'an) is the truth.

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
Re: 7th full moon after the spring equinox - 2017 5th October
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 01:37:13 PM »
Are you abstaining from food and drink?
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

theNabster

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 01:46:51 PM »
Are you abstaining from food and drink?

Quranic fast, yes.
41:53 We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to

theNabster

• Advanced Truth Seeker
2019 7th full moon after the spring equinox - 13th October
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 06:20:23 PM »
2019 Ramadan Luni-Solar

Count seven moons after the spring equinox...

October 13th 2019   Harvest Moon   05:08 PM

So will be fasting for three days at least - 14, 15 & 16 October 2019, Allah willing :)

https://www.farmersalmanac.com/full-moon-dates-and-times

quincy

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 04:13:52 AM »
Oh, i thought its on this moon-cycle. Thank you for the info brother!

Peace!
Say: "He is God, the One,"
"God, the Indivisible,"
"He does not beget, nor was He begotten,"
"And there is none who is His equal."

quincy

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 06:30:13 AM »
[The next full moon will occur on September 14th, 2019 at 12:33 AM ET and will be a Full Harvest Moon.

For people in the Central, Mountain, or Pacific time zones, this particular Harvest Moon will fall on Friday the 13th.

Its from that link you posted. Through my observation it should be exact also. Last year was a 13 moon cycle year in the Metonic-Cycle of the Luni-Solar calendar - so it should be this month while the sun is located in Leo and the moon in Capricorn. But we will see it anyway  :)
"God, the Indivisible,"

theNabster

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 04:14:01 PM »
Its from that link you posted. Through my observation it should be exact also. Last year was a 13 moon cycle year in the Metonic-Cycle of the Luni-Solar calendar - so it should be this month while the sun is located in Leo and the moon in Capricorn. But we will see it anyway  :)

It's border line by one day because the full moon in March 2019 falls one day before the spring equinox, so cannot be counted just because of one day, so not september which is the sixth full moon, but rather October this year... I made the mistake, then corrected it ;)

Ref - https://www.farmersalmanac.com/full-moon-dates-and-times
but this contradicts it with full moon stated as 21 March 2019
so depends where you are geographically as border line...
http://astropixels.com/ephemeris/phasescat/phases2001.html

I made my choice to fast in October though, relying on https://www.farmersalmanac.com/full-moon-dates-and-times instead of http://astropixels.com/ephemeris/phasescat/phases2001.html

OR

I will fast both, no harm in it ;) fasting three days rejuvenates the system & detoxes the body.

Actually the March full moon in UK, London where I live is:
Mar 21   1:42 am

Will we split hair on what after exactly means? inclusive or exclusive of the day of the spring equinox?

quincy

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 05:01:17 AM »
unnecessarily, brother! through my research and astrological observation i came to the conclusion that the moon of ramadhan is during the autumnal equinox - to be exactly when the moon is located in aquarius (not capricorn, i made a mistake) and the sun in leo. it can be seen because the moon is especially bright during the autumnal equinox. day and night become equal again as spring and autumn are representing divine balance between the 2 extremes (winter and summer). just look at the moon next 2-5 days. in the qur'an it is also stated that if you witness the moon of ramadhan u shall fast - its clearly visible.

i also fast during other days - but during ramdhan doing spiritual practices like prayer and meditation is especially recommenden additionally with the abstinence from consumables. fasting is also extremely healthy for our psyche. theres only benefit from it, i agree  :)
"God, the Indivisible,"

theNabster

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 10:11:30 AM »
I asked Allah's guidance, & I feel after autumn equinox day means exclusive i.e. discounting the day itself, so it is October for me -

October 13th 2019   Harvest Moon   05:08 PM

Jane

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2019, 06:22:31 AM »
The Harvest Moon is tonight (in Europe at least). The Harvest moon can be identified by its significantly earlier rising time after sunset compared to other moons. It's now.

If Ramadan means the rain after summer heat then that could be anytime. Unless there's some meteorological evidence that it always comes around the 7th full moon after the spring equinox in the region where Muhammad lived (Petra, Jordan)??

If Ramadan means the Harvest Moon then it's now. If Shahr means a full moon phase of 3 days then that makes Ramadan 2019 the 12th, 13th and 14th September.

I missed yesterday so am aiming for today, Saturday and Sunday instead, God-willing.

PEACE