News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

PROJECT Translate Quran to Mothertongue

Started by A Submitter, August 14, 2016, 05:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imrankhawaja

Quote from: HP_TECH on August 26, 2016, 08:39:12 AM
Why are people so fixated with particular individual's translations...

I am not particularly fond of FM's translation it is arbitrary in several occasions and it pushes for an unwarranted modernist neo-progressive interpretation.

You should rather be trying to have scholars translate corpus.quran.com .....

corpus is nice tool actually but the purpose of the transaltion is what  we  are talking here is to aware the one who dnt know how to use computer and applications... and corpus is also an approach of english and arabic some people in world are unaware of both of the languages ,,,

so thats the reason... let say polish people they are niether aware about arabic nor english so.. they really fel difficulty to understand the meanings for them it must b some interpretation of meanings in their native languae...

HP_TECH

Quote from: imrankhawaja on August 26, 2016, 08:49:01 AM
corpus is nice tool actually but the purpose of the transaltion is what  we  are talking here is to aware the one who dnt know how to use computer and applications... and corpus is also an approach of english and arabic some people in world are unaware of both of the languages ,,,

so thats the reason... let say polish people they are niether aware about arabic nor english so.. they really fel difficulty to understand the meanings for them it must b some interpretation of meanings in their native languae...

then try to get together & translate corpus in polish.

It is much less biased
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

imrankhawaja

Quote from: HP_TECH on August 26, 2016, 09:37:08 AM
then try to get together & translate corpus in polish.

It is much less biased

one day u will see corpus will be in every language... like once  there was a dream for a human to fly in sky but human being achieved it ,,, lol

A Submitter

Quote from: A Submitter on August 14, 2016, 05:22:12 PM
Salam everyone,

On earth there are ca 330-360 million native English speakers. There are between 470-1000 million people who have English as second language.
Currently, the Free-Minds Quran is only available in English. What about the 5640-6200 million people who have little to no English knowledge?

Free-Minds Quran is the most established when it comes to translation and interpretation. Therefore, we need to translate FM Quran, which is already "established", to other languages.

This is a proposed project to translate FM Quran only for the website, and not individual translation from Arabic to "mylanguage".

Anyone who wants to translate FM Quran to their language, please write you username, and language that you will translate, so you can work together.

Example:

Username: A Submitter
Language: Swedish

Then, I will sort you under respective language in another thread, like this;

Swedish
Username: A Submitter

Siberian
Username: SiberianTiger

What do you think? Do you feel like being part of this project?

Please discuss.

Salam

Salam everyone,

Please, read my first post carefully, you are getting this whole thing wrong. Read the bold.

Salam

personalquran

Dear all,

We have created a web application that allows you to maintain your own translation.

Simply register to our web application and start translating. When translating, you will need to compare with other translations, check grammar, check word concordance, check root concordance, check the meaning, etc ...all these have been integrated and made accessible at your fingertips (no more switching windows here and there). And it is accessible from anywhere, at any time, from any device.

Once completed, you can publish your own translation for the benefits of others.

Please check it out and let us know how we can help you further:
https://www.personalquran.com

For collaboration when translating, simply share your account within your group. Let's say for example, 5 people are committed to translate FM translation to Swedish. You can register once let's say under username someone@somewhere.com and share this account to the 5 people. You can then divide and conquer the tasks between the 5 people (first person to translate chapter 1,2,3; second person to translate chapter 4,5,6, etc). If needed, we can also help facilitating this by creating special account for specific purpose. For example, we can create fm.swedish@personalquran.com, fm.urdu@personalquran.com, etc.

Peace,
Personal Quran
Personal Quran
[url="https://www.personalquran.com"]https://www.personalquran.com[/url]