About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Forum Signatures

Started by Comrox, August 14, 2016, 12:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comrox

Peace all,

I was writing a forum signature tonight and read the following:

But when I tried to submit my updated profile information, with a smiley in my signature, I received the following error message:

Which is it? I imagine there's a textual error in the first picture?

Also, why is there only a 200 character limit on signatures? I see members with signatures that definitely appear to exceed that limit.

Thanks. :)
10:109 Follow what is being inspired to you and be patient until God judges.

57:3 He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Innermost. And He is fully aware of all things.

savage_carrot

Hey Comrox,

Can you upload the images again or just the error text please? 200 limit is for preventing spam far as I know.
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

Comrox

Quote from: savage_carrot on August 24, 2016, 10:25:54 AM
Hey Comrox,

Can you upload the images again or just the error text please? 200 limit is for preventing spam far as I know.

Are the images not showing up?

The text error is in the "Signature" section of one's forum profile settings; it is stated: "...BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature."

When I try to save my signature WITH a smiley, at the top of the page I read: "The following errors occurred when trying to save your profile: You are not allowed to use any smileys within your signature."

57:3 He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Innermost. And He is fully aware of all things.

savage_carrot

Yeah they're showing as broken img links but yes, that's the default signature message, smileys are turned off for signatures currently. Whenever this was done, existing signatures weren't affected...thus the more than 200 characters or smileys in older signatures. Hope that helps.
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

Comrox

Quote from: savage_carrot on August 25, 2016, 04:54:38 AM
Yeah they're showing as broken img links but yes, that's the default signature message, smileys are turned off for signatures currently. Whenever this was done, existing signatures weren't affected...thus the more than 200 characters or smileys in older signatures. Hope that helps.

I see. Alright, thank you. :)