News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Was the Quran we have now written and authorised by Mohammed the Prophet ?

Started by Adam The Warner, July 20, 2016, 09:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imrankhawaja

Quote from: NewFreeMind on July 26, 2016, 05:38:35 AM
is the exhibition still on right?
how did you find the manuscript, worth paying a visit?:)

its untill 5th of august 2016 hardly ten days left , we need to pay a visit to birmingham library...

they are not telling the story from where did they get it , i think as soon exibition finish they will introduce more pages , and earn money everytime thats what the idea i have in my mind God knows best.. its still a mystery how they found these pages...

NewFreeMind

Quote from: imrankhawaja on July 26, 2016, 05:46:27 AM
its untill 5th of august 2016 hardly ten days left , we need to pay a visit to birmingham library...

they are not telling the story from where did they get it , i think as soon exibition finish they will introduce more pages , and earn money everytime thats what the idea i have in my mind God knows best.. its still a mystery how they found these pages...

That's interesting, the official story is that a researches bumped into a set of old manuscripts piled up somewhere and decided to radio carbon date them (something along those lines); how many pages are there at the moment? have they said that there are more pages to be introduced ?

do you know where the manuscript is going ? I called them and they said that it will be at the museum until the 3rd of August but forgot to ask where it goes after and whether it's possible to see it.

imrankhawaja

Quote from: NewFreeMind on July 26, 2016, 06:11:03 AM
That's interesting, the official story is that a researches bumped into a set of old manuscripts piled up somewhere and decided to radio carbon date them (something along those lines); how many pages are there at the moment? have they said that there are more pages to be introduced ?

do you know where the manuscript is going ? I called them and they said that it will be at the museum until the 3rd of August but forgot to ask where it goes after and whether it's possible to see it.

no i dnt have any idea where it will go afterwards... and i dnt know they have more pages ... but the official story is just a cover up there is something behind it with the passage of time they will let us know... now adays every fiels is more concerned about money rather than truth... thats what they are doing... its untill 5th august i think..

btw are you from uk

NewFreeMind

Quote from: imrankhawaja on July 26, 2016, 08:34:05 AM
no i dnt have any idea where it will go afterwards... and i dnt know they have more pages ... but the official story is just a cover up there is something behind it with the passage of time they will let us know... now adays every fiels is more concerned about money rather than truth... thats what they are doing... its untill 5th august i think..

btw are you from uk

yes I am from manchester and you?

imrankhawaja

Quote from: NewFreeMind on July 26, 2016, 11:44:28 AM
yes I am from manchester and you?

and i m from birmingham,, so come if u get a chance ,, before 5th of nxt month we will go together... wht u say?

NewFreeMind

Quote from: imrankhawaja on July 26, 2016, 02:50:26 PM
and i m from birmingham,, so come if u get a chance ,, before 5th of nxt month we will go together... wht u say?

I will try to see if I can make it this saturday :) check your PM

imrankhawaja

Jafar

Quote from: Adam The Warner on July 20, 2016, 09:29:01 PM
Was the Quran that we have now written and authorised by Mohammed the Prophet?

If so, could you please elaborate on it since i am seeking for the science of it.

Quick answer: We don't know...

There isn't any statement of : "I'm Muhammad, and I have thoroughly reviewed this document and declare it to be true as per my  knowledge. It contains X sentences, Y words and Z letters"...

Most probably, if refering to the "Standard Islamic History" it wasn't written and authorized by Mohammad the prophet as it was compiled by a caliph long after Mohammad's death.

But does it really matter?

That's why one should not take a book (any book) as if it's an idol..

Does Tao The Ching that we have now written and authorized by Lao Tse?
The same answer: We don't know..
And for the majority of it's readers, it doesn't really matter.. as they don't treat the book as idol or consider it as holy..

The book of Gospels (especially Mark and Matthew) really INSPIRED me, it's opening up a new idea, a new point of view.. although it wasn't written and/or authorized by Jesus (and / or God).. And so does Book of Isaiah, Daniel and Jeremiah..  and many of other books..

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Jafar on July 28, 2016, 02:14:57 PM

That's why one should not take a book (any book) as if it's an idol..

yeh thats logical.. nothing should b idol including books, messenger, code or anything...

but yeh about quran that book is not of muhammad, its from God and yeh God authorised it ... thats really matter...

quran is a book of God to the whole humankind...

Jafar

Quote from: imrankhawaja on July 28, 2016, 02:27:41 PM
quran is a book of God to the whole humankind...

i don't think so... 
The Quran is so "Israelitic" and so "Semitic"....
Non Semites or those who are not exposed or familiar with Semitic cultural background will not find it either compelling or interesting or relevant.. Some good examples has been discussed on various thread on this forum..

Yet it also doesn't matter...

The "writings of God" (metaphorically speaking) can be found on the entire universe around you..
And it cannot be forged by anyone...