About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Quran is Clear Versus Allegorical in Verse 3:7

Started by reel, July 13, 2016, 08:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huruf

Quote from: LastDay3 on July 28, 2016, 05:55:30 PM

Salaam to all Brothers/Sisters,

I truly love and respect each of you, learn a lot from each of you.

but are we not :offtopic: here, already for a long time?

Really, what was the Topic here?  :welcome:

May be the Topic of Cancer or the Topic of Capricorn

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Could not help it.

Salam 

Bender

yes I am offtopic, I apologize.

I try to stay on topic.
There are no allegorical verses in the book except when it is clearly stated.
That we can not comprehend a lot of verses/words does not mean we have to take those verses/words allegorical or force an interpretation, especially when those interpretations have nothing positive to add.
I think the author of the quran is a bit more intelligent, wise, knowledgeable etc than any one of us, so I think it's a good idea to first question our own intelligence, wisdom, knowledge etc instead of that of the author, except if we think we know better than the author.

As for you first question Reel 16:89 does not close 3:7 out or vice versa. I understand the verses a little bit different, but even if you take kitab as book and the more traditional understanding then there is still no contradiction.
I have a book which explains every matter (16:89) in this book I have besides clear verses also not so clear verses (3:7), but the book still explains every matter.
16:89 does not refer to it's self (thus the book itself) but to "every matter", while 3:7 is referring to itself, thus the book.
I hope you understand what I mean.
Alhamdu lillahi rabbi al-alameen

Novice

Quote from: Bender on July 28, 2016, 07:17:38 PM

I think the author of the quran is a bit more intelligent, wise, knowledgeable etc than any one of us, so I think it's a good idea to first question our own intelligence, wisdom, knowledge etc instead of that of the author, except if we think we know better than the author.

Salaam Bender

No question about that and may be our present level of knowledge is not enough to explain some verses.

16:89 does not refer to it's self (thus the book itself) but to "every matter", while 3:7 is referring to itself, thus the book.

Well said brother it makes sense.

May God bless you.

Timotheus

Quote from: Novice on July 28, 2016, 08:20:19 PM

Salaam Bender

No question about that and may be our present level of knowledge is not enough to explain some verses.

Well said brother it makes sense.

May God bless you.

Peace be upon you,

may be? i would say without any doubt in the least, our knowledge is not enough to explain many verses, i doubt even the most knowledgable human being could encompass a fraction of the quran, it is an honourable book, and The glorious Quran. we do not even realise the depth of it. we cannot. The Glory be to God who revealed it.

It is my view that the whole of human kind and jinn, gathered together could not explain or translate or interpret the whole quran. This is what is see in Gods promise that they could not 'produce something like it', as well as obviously just making up something entirely different.

Peace.
What could i say that is better than what God has already informed us of?
Follow God
Seek His guidance, the only guidance
Glory and Praise be to God, rabbil Aalameen

LastDay3

Quote from: Bender on July 28, 2016, 05:14:38 PM
What's your opinion about male genital mutilators?

yes I am offtopic, I apologize.
I think the author of the quran is a bit more intelligent, wise, knowledgeable etc than any one of us,
so I think it's a good idea to first question our own intelligence, wisdom, knowledge etc instead of that of the author, except if we think we know better than the author.

Salaam/Peace Bender,

I think your Apology should definitely be accepted,  :yes  especially due to your Eloquent Statement in your second post above.  :bravo:

On the other hand, being an Adult who has already been circumcised --at least 40 years ago, so has nothing to lose or fear,  :) :&
I can courageously stand in favor of Circumcision against you,

due to the fact that TORAH is absolutely Supported in QURAN (=28/48-50 & 46/12)

http://biblehub.com/esv/genesis/17.htm

in another thread, in the future, inshaAL-LAH.   :handshake:

Remain in peace/salaam.

And he  who  came  with  The TRUTH,
and  those  who  verified-it-as-TRUE,
they  are  the Righteous. =39/33, ....

Mazhar

Quote from: imrankhawaja on July 28, 2016, 03:39:08 PM
indeed nothing is difficult /hard for God to create,,

this verse is for us to compare ourself with the universe ..

79:27 What! Are you the more difficult/hard/powerful to create or is the heaven that He built?

although the word ashad of arabic u can say hard difficult or powerful but its for us to ponder about it...

some of the translator interpret this word as difficult...

peace but my concept was clear about it...

peace..

Simple principle of semantics: Each word has certain irreducible semantic features; and conversely certain semantic features cannot be inserted into it.

Akbar does not have semantic feature of "difficult" in it.
[url="http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm"]http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm[/url]

LastDay3

Keeping my Promise, I should clearly relate how I understand these Verses =3/7-8 in QURAN TESTAMENT,
also and especially in "Mathematical respect" here,
and then totally stop writing here, but continue to read and learn
from every faithful Member of this Forum, always, inshaAL-LAH.

I want to keep it as short as possible and to the point.
So let's start, in the Name of AL-LAH, here:

==============================================================

The most Fundamental and important Example I can think of right now
--(which is also the most Easy/Clear/Essential to understand)-- in this regard, is:

Exactly these four specific Words of Basmalah (=Asm   Al-lah   Al-Rahman   Al-Raheem)

which always comes essentially as/in perfect Pairs again (51/49 = 74/26-30, 31),
in the very first place, here:

total number of occurrences
                                 in QURAN TESTAMENT

Al-Rahman       <    >          Al-lah
                      Lil-Rahman      <    >          Lil-lah

57                                2698
                         in total                               in total
                       =19x...                     =19x...

Al-Asm         <    >          Al-Raheem
                         Asm              <    >          Raheem

19                                   114
                       =19x...                     =19x...

sm             <    >              ilah                         

3                                      95

As we should clearly see above
based on Chapter/Verse No. (=74/28) in QURAN TESTAMENT

"sm" should be exempted --on the left side above--
--(beacuse there is one letter (=A) missing in the beginning;
when we compare it to that most ideal/perfect Form above ("sm" X "Al-Asm");

and "ilah" should be excluded --on the right side above--
--(beacuse there is one letter (=I) extra in the beginning;
when we compare it to that most ideal/perfect Form above ("ilah" X "Al-lah");

in --(exact "opposite" sense)-- in such a perfectly parallel and absolutely Complementary manner above,
they shall thus rightfully be placed under our Table above.

(=74/26-27-28-29-30)

Therefore:
Each of those four specific Words of Basmalah (=Asm  &  Al-lah  &  Al-Rahman  &  Al-Raheem)
that perfectly give multiples (=19x...) on our Table above
must be those Firmly-Established Signs (=Ayatun Muhkamatun)
specifically foretold in these Verses =3/7 & 13/39 in QURAN TESTAMENT,     

and then

Each of those two specific words (=sm  &  ilah)
that do Not give multiples (=19x...) under our Table above
must be those Vaguely-Established Signs (=Ayatun Mutashabihatun)
specifically foretold in these Verses =3/7 & 13/39 in QURAN TESTAMENT.     

So finally, let us clearly see these most Critical and important Verses (=3/7-8 & 13/38-39)
in QURAN TESTAMENT above,
now here again, in this Respect, thus:

============
7-  HE is the ONE Who sent down to you the Written-Document,
from which there are Firmly-Established Signs (=Ayatun Muhkamatun);
=i.e.  each of those four specific Words of Basmalah (=Asm  &  Al-lah  &  Al-Rahman  &  Al-Raheem)
that perfectly give multiples (=19x...) on our Table above;

they are the Essence of the Written-Document (=Ummu al-Kitab)
--on our Table above,

and others which are Vaguely-Established (Signs) =(Ayatun) Mutashabihatun); 
=i.e.  each of those two specific words (=sm  &  ilah)
that do Not give multiples (=19x...) under our Table above.

As for those who have a crookedness in their hearts, they will go after that which are of
Vaguely-Established-ones (=ma tashabaha minhu);
seeking (to create) confusion, and seeking (to demand) its (rightful) interpretation/explanation
=i.e.  they will always be asking: why are they exempted & excluded --on the left side & on the right side--
from our Table above? What can be a rightful interpretation/explanation for it?   

But none know its (rightful) interpretation/explanation except AL-LAH and those who are well founded in Knowledge;
(=its rightful interpretation/explanation is already clearly and unmistakably pointed out above.)

(thereafter) they (=i.e. those who are well founded in Knowledge) say:

"We have believed in it;
(for) all --(of those Firmly-Established Signs --on our Table above--
and Vaguely-Established Signs --under our Table above-- are from our LORD."

But none will take-heed except those who possess Intelligence.  (Chapter 3, Verse 7)

38-  ...... It is not for a Messenger to come with any "Sign" --(whether a Firmly-Established Sign --on our Table above--
or a Vaguely-Established Sign --under our Table above--
as clearly emphasized in the above Verse, in the first place =3/7)-- except with the Permission of AL-LAH;
(because) for each course there is a Written-Decree.

39-  (Because) AL-LAH neutralizes what HE wishes (as/of those Vaguely-Established Signs --under our Table above),
and authorizes (as/of those Firmly-Established Signs --on our Table above),

because with HIM is the Essence of the Written-Document (=Ummu al-Kitab) --on our Table above--
as clearly emphasized in the very first paragraph of this Verse again =3/7 in the very first place above).     

(QURAN TESTAMENT  3/7 = 13/38-39)
==============

Remain in peace/salaam.
And he  who  came  with  The TRUTH,
and  those  who  verified-it-as-TRUE,
they  are  the Righteous. =39/33, ....

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Mazhar on July 29, 2016, 02:56:05 AM
Simple principle of semantics: Each word has certain irreducible semantic features; and conversely certain semantic features cannot be inserted into it.

Akbar does not have semantic feature of "difficult" in it.

brother peace

its actually " ashaddu " which means intense/hard/difficult/stronger/superior depend on the context

Mazhar

Quote from: imrankhawaja on July 29, 2016, 10:36:54 AM
brother peace

its actually " ashaddu " which means intense/hard/difficult/stronger/superior depend on the context

I wrote with reference to:

"Difficult" is not there. Nothing is difficult for Him the Exalted.

Certainly, the act of Creation of the Skies and the Earth is comparatively a greater assignment - undertaking than the act of the creation of the species-Human Being.
However, most of the people remain in the state of not accepting/realizing this fact/reality [to appreciate their own importance among all that exists]. [40:57]

And difficult to create is even not there in 79:27.

If you read the sentence clearly it is not about difficulty in creation but the comparison between man and the sky.

Are you more strong and stable with regard to construct- creation or the Sky is more strong and stable? He the Exalted constructed her. [79:27]

The predicate of sentence is: Comparative Noun; masculine, singular; nominative. It needs disambiguation clause/accusative adverb, with regard to what.

Please find time to check some lexicons to know it does not mean difficult. Also please read what is relationship of subject-predicate in nominal sentences.
[url="http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm"]http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm[/url]

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Mazhar on July 29, 2016, 11:25:03 AM
I wrote with reference to:

"Difficult" is not there. Nothing is difficult for Him the Exalted.

If you read the sentence clearly it is not about difficulty in creation but the comparison between man and the sky.

exactly thats what i said in my previous post , i do agree with you, its a comparison between human and heavens

for that sometimes translators use wrong language to make human understand,,

btw thanks for the clarification of word ashadu..

its obviousl and logical nothing is difficult for God somewhere its represent by like this i dnt recall the reference ..

we created the heavens and earth in six epox/periods and tiredness dnt even touch us... this thing make clear God is free of tiredness but language must have an alternate for this word..

peace