News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Quran is Clear Versus Allegorical in Verse 3:7

Started by reel, July 13, 2016, 08:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comrox

Quote from: savage_carrot on July 24, 2016, 09:53:46 AM
Interesting, my view is similar...some signs aren't static and since God teaches, one possible interpretation could be that God knows best what understanding is correct for which person depending on circumstances etc and it's on us to have patience, not to jump the gun, understand comprehensively as well we can and take the best meaning and so on to complete the circuit so to say. Pretty much has to be an active connection from both sides.

I read about an NDE experience (posted in another thread on here) in which the person claimed to learn the reason for the many religions in the world - Each of us is on different paths of spiritual understanding and enlightenment, so the various religions and spiritual paths serve in leading all kinds of people on every level.

Anyways... this is a bit :offtopic: post. :-X
10:109 Follow what is being inspired to you and be patient until God judges.

57:3 He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Innermost. And He is fully aware of all things.

Zulf

Definitely, we are all at different levels of development , in different areas of life. However, within one religion there are lessons for all. Religion is basically distributed only geographically. What religion you end up with depends on where you are born. But of course, one could also see it like we are born into an area /religion that would do us well in our test/lesson of Life. Who knows?

One universal lesson is that about not judging others, and being humble enough to allow for one's own ignorance. This is what is lacking in the world. 
If you name me, you negate me.

imrankhawaja

everybody will be judged according to the level of understanding he/she have but what apparent is everybody every religion every society knows very well what is right what is wrong? select a right path is success actualy..

hawk99

Quote from: imrankhawaja on July 26, 2016, 10:09:39 AM
everybody will be judged according to the level of understanding he/she have but what apparent is everybody every religion every society knows very well what is right what is wrong? select a right path is success actualy..

Peace imrankhawaja right and wrong can be subjective that is why Allah
sent scriptures, messengers, prophets, saints, etc., that is one of the
points of 3/7.

Quote from: Zulf on July 26, 2016, 09:31:55 AM
Definitely, we are all at different levels of development in different areas of life.
However, within one religion there are lessons for all.

Peace Zulf, the above is so true

Religion is basically distributed only geographically. What religion you end up with depends on where you are born.

I would not say "only geographically" but mainly geographically.  :)

One universal lesson is that about not judging others, and being humble enough to allow for one's own ignorance. This is what is lacking in the world. 

I agree

O0
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

Timotheus

Quote from: hawk99 on July 26, 2016, 11:48:03 AM
points of 3/7.

Peace Zulf, the above is so true

I would not say "only geographically" but mainly geographically.  :)

I agree

O0

Peace be with you.

This is a good point, while God sends guidance and inspiration i believe, of right and wrong, it can become distorted, and sometimes we can follow our desires instead of recognizing or accepting the truth, Thanks be to God, that he revealed us the books, so then we have it clearly in front of us, in case there is any doubt.

of course, only those who believe see the truth of the quran, and only God can reveal its true interpretation. and those who do not believe will be blind to it regardless, and to any inspiration sent to them, in their souls.

I also agree with the previous point made, that we will be judged according to our understanding, as what comes to mind is from the gospel accounts:

'to he who much is given, then much will be required of him'

the more understanding we have, the greater the responsibility upon us is.

Peace be with you all, and Gods mercy, and His blessings.
What could i say that is better than what God has already informed us of?
Follow God
Seek His guidance, the only guidance
Glory and Praise be to God, rabbil Aalameen

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Timotheus on July 26, 2016, 10:12:31 PM

Peace be with you.

This is a good point, while God sends guidance and inspiration i believe, of right and wrong, it can become distorted, and sometimes we can follow our desires instead of recognizing or accepting the truth, Thanks be to God, that he revealed us the books, so then we have it clearly in front of us, in case there is any doubt.

following our desires.... hmm

did thief dnt kknow he is doing wrong,,, illegal sex intercourse is a big desire , but both of them are not aware its wrong,,

direspecting or shouting at parents in daily debate,,, is it not wrong... and lot more common things what we desire to do but we know we are going to do wrong...

everybody know its wrong, every religion, every nation..

even a teenager in his teenage doing all these things know its wrong...

God gave us scriptures but he also gave us a sense of right and wrong...

using that sense does not require any scripture...

peace

imrankhawaja

Quote from: hawk99 on July 26, 2016, 11:48:03 AM

scriptures messengers, prophets, allah sent to amend the ways of people who know they are doing wrong but continue to do it by their stubborness... did the nation of lot was not aware the acts like robbing on highway and homosexulaity what they are doing is wrong, but they continue it... even after stopping..by lot

but again my point of view was ,there is a sense in every human being that know whats is right and what is wrong... very clearly ,

peace

1CELOSTNOWFOUND

Peace All,

The reason I asked about whether or not one ayat can be "tashaba" is because this particular form of the verb is one that demonstrates reciprocity.

Given this, when aayaat are said to be mutashaabihaat,  it would mean they are similar to each other, not similar to something else. This is not about allegory in my opinion. That,  I think is more aptly described by the term related to mathal.

While I have not come to a firm conclusion,  my current understanding is that in 3:7, the references are to signs or verses similar to each other. In the case of verses, it may refer to verses like those speaking to riba which appear to have differences despite their similarity and the focus people choose to put on these differences when similar subjects are being discussed.

Imraan

Timotheus

Quote from: 1CELOSTNOWFOUND on July 27, 2016, 05:22:00 PM
Peace All,

The reason I asked about whether or not one ayat can be "tashaba" is because this particular form of the verb is one that demonstrates reciprocity.

Given this, when aayaat are said to be mutashaabihaat,  it would mean they are similar to each other, not similar to something else. This is not about allegory in my opinion. That,  I think is more aptly described by the term related to mathal.

While I have not come to a firm conclusion,  my current understanding is that in 3:7, the references are to signs or verses similar to each other. In the case of verses, it may refer to verses like those speaking to riba which appear to have differences despite their similarity and the focus people choose to put on these differences when similar subjects are being discussed.

Imraan

Peace,

this is an interesting point, and i believe it can also/rather apply to this verse. as you noted, there are quite alot of verses that repeat things in different ways, and many people do choose to see a contradiction, when it is probably only them contradicting the truth with their interpretation.

all up, i think far to much attention is given to the verses open to interpretation, and far too little attention is paid to the clear verses which even a child can understand, the mother of the book. I am not saying we should neglect parts of the quran, but simply to bear in mind..

that we should not seek to interpret such things, but rather seek God to interpret them for us, and not hasten it. otherwise we are more likely just to put our own desires into it

Peace
What could i say that is better than what God has already informed us of?
Follow God
Seek His guidance, the only guidance
Glory and Praise be to God, rabbil Aalameen

Mazhar

Quote from: 1CELOSTNOWFOUND on July 27, 2016, 05:22:00 PM
Peace All,

Imraan

It is not Form-III which signifies reciprocity. You are absolutely right that it is not allegory. Practical books do not contain allegorical content.

:  Indefinite; feminine; plural; nominative; [Form-VI]-مصدر-تَشَابُهٌ Verbal noun and Verb تَتَشَابَهُ.

The fact about existing realities is that not all are visible to human naked eye. The Primal Creator and also the knowledgeable-observant-scientists convey the knowledge about realities not apparent to human eye by using the metaphors. Descriptions by metaphors enable people perceive a general idea-image of invisible fact by relating it to characteristic features of the metaphor.

Knowledge acquired by human beings, until seventh century, was through naked eye observation. Naked eye observation of an object and reality grants conviction about its existence. Thought of  invisible realities was all along there in human mind that kept him busy in developing theories to gain a perception about various phenomena.

Unitary Verbal Passages mirroring physical realities existing in the Universe and human body through metaphors render the Book living in time and space. Knowledge about matter is verifiable in time and space. Anything said by the Book regarding physical matters could be subjected to verification in time and space about its truth to an exact detail. Falsification test of any book-statement could be the physical one. The facts mentioned in the Qur'aan about the Universe and human body are in itself the falsification test of the Book.

Format and Organization
[url="http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm"]http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm[/url]