News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

alcohol

Started by imrankhawaja, June 30, 2016, 05:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imrankhawaja

its took five years to decide something .. regarding alcohol..

five years ago I read the article at free minds about alcohol although its not a category of haram/forbidden. but its a catagory of sin or something not encouraged by God.

examples are lie, dishonesty, hypocrisy(wordly matters) , backbiting. gambling, making fun of somebody, rasicm, and lot of more immortalities..

the word ajtanab(AVOID) of Arabic is used other places of quran providing same sense of something which is not encouraging by God .so at our our first priority we should avoid it...

but most of the times we cannot avoid of speaking lie, doing cheating inexams or work, backbiting , rasicm, same go with alcohol

problem is just sunni consider it in a big catagory of sin whereas quran take it as light category or small sin.

however truthful submittor according to my thinking would not  like to lie , cheat , backbite or consume alcohol ,

but if it happen somehow its not a big issue how sectarian deals it... we should feel same after speaking lie, cheat , dishonesty what we feel after consumption of alcohol..

so I would not suggest the beleivers to have it as a fun..

peace
God bless you

Timotheus

"but most of the times we cannot avoid of speaking lie, doing cheating inexams or work, backbiting , rasicm, same go with alcohol

problem is just sunni consider it in a big catagory of sin whereas quran take it as light category or small sin."

Peace,

I think this is both true and untrue to some extent,
The point is to avoid satan!
so we must consciously make an effort to keep away from satan. and Not to follow his footsteps

5:90 O you who believe, alcohol, and gambling, and altars, and arrows of chance are tainted - by the work of the devil. You shall avoid him so that you may be successful.

2:219 They ask you about alcohol and gambling. Say: "In them is great harm, and a benefit for the people; but their harm is greater than their benefit....

see alcahol is not prohibited, as such, in my understanding, but God is saying that it harms us more than helps us. well the word used, in my understanding is intoxicants. i.e all intoxicants. God is right there are intoxicants that give us benefits, such as painkillers like morphine or codine. theese are intoxicants, they are harmfull, but there is a benefit in that people who are in extreme or constant pain because of trauma or a medical condition can get relief. Alcahol too, in fact, it was used before modern painkillers and anesthetics. but now we have better and less harmfull ones. also sometimes (quite often, especialy in excess) alcahol and other drugs/intoxicants can lead us to sin. which IS forbidden. i myself have been in alot of pain ( i was recently involved in a incident where the car i was travelling in rolled down a bank, and have a bit of neck and shoulder troubles afterwards), and i have at times turned to intoxicants to help relieve the pain, but overall it is still harmfull.

The thing is God has prohibitted ALL SIN.

7:33 Say: "My Lord has made unlawful immorality; what is public of it and private; and sin, and aggression without cause, and that you set up partners with God that which He has never authorized, and that you say about God what you do not know."

Here we see God has actualy forbidden Sin!!  i.e every sin!!!

well, in that case we are all transgressors. This is something i know, and i hate that part of myself, yet human beings sin.. every day usualy. with or without realising it. But God is The Forgiving, The Mercifull, The Compassionate, who forgives again and again. and thank God for that!! otherwise none of us would have any hope.

35:45 And if God were to punish the people for what they have earned, He would not leave a single creature standing. But He delays them to an appointed term. So, when their time comes, then God is Seer of His servants.

42:25 And He is the One who accepts the repentance from His servants, and He forgives the sins. He is fully aware of what you do.

39:53 Say: "O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of the mercy of God. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful."

39:54 And repent to your Lord, and submit to Him, before the retribution comes to you. Then you cannot be helped.

I regards to cheating in exams, you definately can avoid that, and i believe you should. I have been tempted many times to cheat 'the system' some how, and i may have slipped up, and i think i lied to, or was considering to lie to a government employee about my financial circumstances to get support, But i realised this was a transgression, asked God for forgiveness and i am commited to not lie anymore. even if it means i must persevere in a not ideal situation, if i recall correctly God actualy blessed me by not putting me in the situation i thought i would be in, where i was pressured to lie, so i never needed to in the first place..

I realy am concerned if you are cheating, not because i want to critisize you, i am a transgressor myself, and i am constantly amazed at the mercy of God, that he still gives me chances to amend my ways, and helps me. but i think this is a serious sin, and i am concerned for you as a fellow human being subject to gods judgement, as God says the submitters are the ones who are truthfull, uphold justice and truth, and fuffill there pledges. i cant find the verse right now..

I believe that whatever you do in this life, as long as you do your best to abide by Gods laws, and repent when you sin, God is forgiving and mercifull, but his criterion is the Quran, and he will surely judge us by it on the day of judement.

In regards to the sectarians, well i mean if they are commiting idol worship (i.e following the "sunnah" or "hadiths" as religious law) well all there works are nullified regardless or there life of alcahol prohibition or not. and we must remember..

The ONLY UNFORGIVABLE SIN, if we do not repent and ammend, is idol worship. For what is less than that God forgives whoever he wills.

in saying that, let us not get comfortable with our sins, or compare ourselves to others and say 'well at least were not like them' or 'at least we dont worship idols' because, God knows and we do not know, some people on the day of judgement will say 'By God, we were never idol worshippers!' But God calls them liars. I believe following satan, or anyone else, in contrary to God, is a form of idol worship.

Just a reminder, as much as for you, and anyone else, as myself, as God knows we are all in need of his Mercy and Forgiveness.

Peace, Mercy, Blessings and the Forgiveness of our awesome, and all powerfull lord, be with you all.
alhamdullilahi rabbil-Alameen. All Praise is to God, Lord of the Universe

What could i say that is better than what God has already informed us of?
Follow God
Seek His guidance, the only guidance
Glory and Praise be to God, rabbil Aalameen

reel

After 3 years of pondering upon Quranic verses what I have realized is that God does not want us to do what makes us animals.

Animals have a tendency to destroy. This is what God wants us not to do.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Man of Faith

Congratulations, reel, to your realization. Applause.
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

imrankhawaja

@ timothous brother

actually I had 50/50 views about the consumption of alcohol orally before giving that thing a full day of research..

when I read the verse 2:219 They ask you about alcohol and gambling. Say: "In them is great harm, and a benefit for the people; but their harm is greater than their benefit

infact the word use here is  "ith'mun" and on other places this word is also translated as sin . in Arabic its means sin not benefit. for benefit quran use other words.. the root of word use here is nothing more than sin ..

but again if we look as a grammer point of view the opposite of harm is benefit . but rest of the other places when we link uo its clear there is no apparent benefit in idol worship I mean wordly benefit, what we consider

as a oral use we cannot take it beneficial, yeh but for other uses like in perfume mouth wash its ok to take benefit from alcohol that's wahts my understanding in all this..

I m feeling bit bad becoz two three people ask me is it allowed to consume alcohol according to quran and I said yes you can consume it , now I will revise my thinking regarding this... yesterday when i take decision i m very much relaxed after that...

peace God bless you.

and about pain killers and other stuff i also consume it , recommended by doctors. its nothing harm in it.

imrankhawaja

Quote from: reel on July 01, 2016, 03:47:17 AM
After 3 years of pondering upon Quranic verses what I have realized is that God does not want us to do what makes us animals.

Animals have a tendency to destroy. This is what God wants us not to do.

hmm exactly reel,,

God bless you

reel

Quote from: Man of Faith on July 01, 2016, 07:55:56 AM
Congratulations, reel, to your realization. Applause.
Quote from: imrankhawaja on July 01, 2016, 10:28:15 AM
hmm exactly reel,,

God bless you

Thank you and the realization didn't come from changing the verses, but the idea of changing into a successor from blood shedder.

God bless you two  :)
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Timotheus

Quote from: imrankhawaja on July 01, 2016, 10:26:19 AM
@ timothous brother

actually I had 50/50 views about the consumption of alcohol orally before giving that thing a full day of research..

when I read the verse 2:219 They ask you about alcohol and gambling. Say: "In them is great harm, and a benefit for the people; but their harm is greater than their benefit

infact the word use here is  "ith'mun" and on other places this word is also translated as sin . in Arabic its means sin not benefit. for benefit quran use other words.. the root of word use here is nothing more than sin ..

but again if we look as a grammer point of view the opposite of harm is benefit . but rest of the other places when we link uo its clear there is no apparent benefit in idol worship I mean wordly benefit, what we consider

as a oral use we cannot take it beneficial, yeh but for other uses like in perfume mouth wash its ok to take benefit from alcohol that's wahts my understanding in all this..

I m feeling bit bad becoz two three people ask me is it allowed to consume alcohol according to quran and I said yes you can consume it , now I will revise my thinking regarding this... yesterday when i take decision i m very much relaxed after that...

peace God bless you.Portage is the official package management and distribution system for Gentoo. It essentially functions as the heart of Gentoo-based operating systems. Portage includes many commands for repository and package management, the primary of which is the emerge command.

and about pain killers and other stuff i also consume it , recommended by doctors. its nothing harm in it.

peace,

hmm you raised an interesting point there.. i will have to look further into that myself.

in regards to telling people what the quran says, i would just simply encourage them to do their own research, and to read it for themselves, dont take any human beings word for it, but verify for yourself, because sadly people often think 'oh he said the quran says this and that' and they start following that instead of the quran.. a strange, but understandable, trait of human beings it seems.

Peace
What could i say that is better than what God has already informed us of?
Follow God
Seek His guidance, the only guidance
Glory and Praise be to God, rabbil Aalameen

Layth

Salam,

Alcohol is permissible if regulated and controlled.

It is not for us to forbid what God has made permissible.
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Layth on July 02, 2016, 07:57:29 AM
Salam,

Alcohol is permissible if regulated and controlled.

It is not for us to forbid what God has made permissible.

the wording definition of my understanding is here and quran use the word "fajtinabo" for alcohol, same word use for other things what we should ajtinab. like lie, hypocrisy, cheating,

22:30 Thus, and whoever honors the restrictions of God, then it is better for him with His Lord. And the livestock has been made lawful for you; except what is being recited to you; so "avoid" the taint of idols and "avoid" saying false statements.

exact word used here for false statement.. although false statement is not haram but its not allowed to say it...

peace