News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

What is Jinn?

Started by Fritz, June 22, 2016, 04:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novice

Quote from: imrankhawaja on June 23, 2016, 05:06:14 AM
i just said it as a example,, i know its urdu word but urdu also derived from arabic and persian,,

Urdu is a mixture of different languages like Arabic, Turkish, Persian etc but that does not mean that Arabic roots can be understood with Urdu words. For example word غَلِيظ in Arabic means "hard/firm/strong" but in Urdu it has negative meanings. So be careful when you study Quran because Urdu background could give you wrong understanding.

Quote from: imrankhawaja on June 23, 2016, 05:06:14 AM
let say malik,, it got meanings of king controller, master owner.. but when adresses to God it can understood by different ways respect to human beings... same root word have another being involved in it angel,,, three different beings used the same root ,, whatever language in this world exist , whether its arabic or sign language,, its to make human mind understand what message we interpret in our mind by the word ... vision , and sometimes language take another word which is closest to understanding,,when something is not calculated by human mind , what we call metaphor or similie,

Word Malik is from root م ل ك which means "to have control/power" So Malik is one who has control/power. God is the ultimate Malik. A mailk could be an angel or a human. So Arabic roots convey specific meanings and derived words convey these meanings. If you know a root you can understand a word derived from it.

Salaam

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Novice on June 24, 2016, 12:19:52 AM
Urdu is a mixture of different languages like Arabic, Turkish, Persian etc but that does not mean that Arabic roots can be understood with Urdu words. For example word غَلِيظ in Arabic means "hard/firm/strong" but in Urdu it has negative meanings. So be careful when you study Quran because Urdu background could give you wrong understanding.

did i say arabic root understood with urdu words?

what i say urdu is also a language like other languages that derived from arabic,, arabic is master over it ,, 

and i was just giving an example... when i used the urdu word..

Quote from: Novice on June 24, 2016, 12:19:52 AM
Word Malik is from root م ل ك which means "to have control/power" So Malik is one who has control/power. God is the ultimate Malik. A mailk could be an angel or a human. So Arabic roots convey specific meanings and derived words convey these meanings. If you know a root you can understand a word derived from it.

Salaam

yeh i know what is the route of mlk ,, becoz corupus.quran is there to tell us,,

but nature of malik in three beings are different ,, the malik when reffered to God and its malkiat is eternal,,and over all things competent.

the malik in human is not eternal and have limited powers... and angels also have limits and taskks assigned to them,,,

root better understand when its used in  sentence used ... we cannot use malik root for human being if he want to perform the functions of malika,,, for example driving the winds, putting men to death...

and what you want to tell me i still did not understand , i think you are telling me how to study roots or how to use roots in sentence or . ... something else...

imrankhawaja

ok (ر ح م)

loook at this root.. its meanings womb but same root make the word rehman and raheem...

mercy and womb, big difference...  only understood when root used it in a sentence...

now come back to topic it was about jinns i think... if u have something to share regarding these beings plz share and  let us know use the roots as well if u want.. .

peace God bless You..

Man of Faith

And rahman and raheem are also incorrectly understood. They mean as according to rahm, e.g. raheem means the complete/absolute. Rahm means womb because it is analogous about the process that goes on in the mother's belly, i.e. it is a "completer".
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Man of Faith on June 24, 2016, 04:00:38 AM
And rahman and raheem are also incorrectly understood. They mean as according to rahm, e.g. raheem means the complete/absolute. Rahm means womb because it is analogous about the process that goes on in the mother's belly, i.e. it is a "completer".

i know you already told me this concept brother, but you are coming from far side of moon..lol

amanuel, i ask something from you..but you keep ignoring me,, you was telling me you prepare chapter 36 according to rooting,, and i told you it will be really great if i will see you work , but i think i am asking like college notes if you give it to me examiner will not give you marks,,

but dnt worry examiner is Allah and if you share your work it will rewarded .. lol

peace..

Anoushirvan

Jinns in Qur'an have most probably nothing to do with superstitions running in most muslim countries.

The root jim-nun points out to something that grows continously, for example, garden/jannāt, or foetus/janin (see 53:32).

Reading 27:10

27.10. وَأَلْقِ عَصَاكَ فَلَمَّا رَآهَا تَهْتَزُّ كَأَنَّهَا جَانٌّ وَلَّى مُدْبِراً وَلَمْ يُعَقِّبْ يَا مُوسَى لَا تَخَفْ إِنِّي لَا يَخَافُ لَدَيَّ الْمُرْسَلُونَ
27.10. Waalqi AAasaka falamma raaha tahtazzu kaannaha jannun walla mudbiran walam yuAAaqqib ya moosa la takhaf innee la yakhafu ladayya almursaloona
27.10 . And throw down thy staff! But when he saw it writhing as it were a demon (or snake) , he turned to flee headlong ; ( but it was said unto him ) : O Moses! Fear not! Lo! the emissaries fear not in My presence

we see that Moses' staff moved as it were the fruit of his imagination.

A jinn in Qur'an is actually just that: imaginary of a human. A human is composed of a corporal body (bashar) and an imaginary in his mind, i.e. a jinn.
It is because imagination is concealed and veiled that the root jim-nun has also taken this meaning of something being concealed or veiled.

This verse

72.6.وَأَنَّهُ كَانَ رِجَالٌ مِّنَ الْإِنسِ يَعُوذُونَ بِرِجَالٍ مِّنَ الْجِنِّ فَزَادُوهُمْ رَهَقاً
72.6. Waannahu kana rijalun mina al-insi yaAAoothoona birijalin mina aljinni fazadoohum rahaqan
72.6 .And they were individuals of humankind who sought refuge in the individuals of the jinn so that they increased them in revolt

means that some people sought refuge in their own imaginary.

This verse

وَكَذَلِكَ جَعَلْنَا لِكُلِّ نِبِيٍّ عَدُوّاً شَيَاطِينَ الإِنسِ وَالْجِنِّ يُوحِي بَعْضُهُمْ إِلَى بَعْضٍ زُخْرُفَ الْقَوْلِ غُرُوراً وَلَوْ شَاء رَبُّكَ مَا فَعَلُوهُ فَذَرْهُمْ وَمَا يَفْتَرُونَ6.112
6.112. Wakathalika jaAAalna likulli nabiyyin AAaduwwan shayateena al-insi waaljinni yoohee baAAduhum ila baAAdin zukhrufa alqawli ghurooran walaw shaa rabbuka ma faAAaloohu fatharhum wama yaftaroona
6.112 . Thus have We appointed unto every Prophet an adversary devils of humankind and jinn who inspire in one another plausible discourse through guile . If thy Lord willed , they would not do so ; so leave them alone with their devising ;

means that with a lot of imagination, people are able to invent fairy tales that contradict what the prophets say.
This typically apply to hadiths.

Novice

Quote from: imrankhawaja on June 24, 2016, 03:57:08 AM
ok (ر ح م)

loook at this root.. its meanings womb but same root make the word rehman and raheem...

mercy and womb, big difference...  only understood when root used it in a sentence...

ر ح م root mean to be merciful and not womb http://corpus.quran.com/qurandictionary.jsp?q=rHm

Womb is a noun derived from this root and have the meaning of original root i. e. to be merciful.

Womb provides everything to the fetus which is required for its stay in there. Womb does it irrespective of the fact that fetus is sound or defective. It does not ask for anything in return.That is what this root alludes to.

Now apply this root to "Rehman and Raheem" and see what these words convey.

Does our Creator provides to everyone irrespective of the fact whether they are sound or not? Does He require anything from us in return?

I hope you can see how root meanings are reflected in derived words of a root.