About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Who was the first Muslim?

Started by Recluse, April 25, 2016, 08:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

good logic

Peace Jafar.
I am smiling at your sentence,quote:
Primitive... but very effective.. as the dogma was targeted towards young male..

Is the  "dogma" here a lady dog with young puppies? Ha ha ha!!!!

GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

Bender

Quote from: good logic on April 29, 2016, 12:50:22 PM
Peace Bender.

I tell you brother,I rather go to eternal hell than have 72 beautiful eyed virgins.

Relaxing with them, you must be joking. How can you relax?

I cannot relax now with only one! By the way we say the same about each other!!!

If you want  you can have my other 71 as well. How does 143 of them sound to you?

Peace GL,

RED: Of course I want them, thanks bro that is very kind of you :handshake:

QuoteI am amazed at how Soloman managed according to that story of his in that other book?

Anyway brother, best of luck to you.
GOD bless you.
Peace.

:!
You were talking about how to handle them, well Solomon is there to give me some tips  :yes
Alhamdu lillahi rabbi al-alameen

Novice

Quote from: Noon waalqalami on April 30, 2016, 07:54:11 AM
Peace Novice, since this is an English forum and Arabic words are bandied untranslated -- how are their cows docile/peaceful or resistant?

2:71 قال said انه surely he ىقول says انها surely it (f.) بقره cow لا not ذلول trained تثىر to raise الارض the land ولا and not تسقى to irrigate الحرث the harvest مسلمه musallamatun/docile (f.) لا not شىه blemish فىها in it (f.) قالوا said they الان henceforth جىت thou came بالحق with the truth فذبحوها so sacrifice they it وما and not كادوا near they of ىفعلون were doing

Peace Noon

You missed "soundness" in my post. Your translation of 2:71 itself explains that "no blemish in it".

@Man of Faith .... Thank you for explaining it.

Regards

Aladin from Azra tribe

Quote from: Recluse on April 25, 2016, 08:18:10 PM
There are contradictions in the Qur'an as to who was the "first Muslim".

According to Al-An'am 163, the first Muslim was prophet Muhammad.

According to Al-A'raf 143, the first Muslim was prophet Moses.

According to Ali Imran 67, the first Muslim was Abraham

Second problem;

What about Adam, Noah, Idris who lived in much earlier times, weren't they also Muslims?

Here are the three relevant verses;

[6:163]

"No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims."

(According to this verse prophet Muhammed was the first Muslim)

[7:143]

"And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, "My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You." [ Allah ] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, "Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."

(According to this verse prophet Moses was the first Muslim)

[3:67]

"Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists.

(According to this verse Abraham was the first Muslim)

A beliver (mu'min) is not same as Muslim. A believer is related to belief ('iman) and Muslim is related to the system (deen).

Ibrahim as gave us that name - Muslims. That name wasn't used till revalation of the Qur'an. But, what Muslim means, besides it's literal meaning? Muslim is a nation (ummah). If we read the Qur'an, we'll find that Ibrahim a.s. was (Muslim) ummah, only him. That ummah was started again with Muhammad Mustafa sawa, as the first Muslim.

All of the prophets were muslims, meaning they were submitters to Allah Alone. But they were not Muslims as nation (ummah). Most of (mentioned by name) them were from Bani Israel, which are 12 ummah(s).

So, there's no contradiction in this, just misunderstanding.

Allah's bless and salam.
There cannot be both opinion and knowledge
of the same thing at the same time

"The First Teacher", Aristotle

hansolo

Peace

What about the humans in the other parts of the world ?

Were the bani Israel who got the mercy ?

Peace

Aladin from Azra tribe

With Allah's Name, Ar-Rahman, Ar-Rahim. I seed a refuge with Allah from Satan, Expelled.

وَلَقَدْ بَعَثْنَا فِي كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ رَسُولًا should mean that Allah "raised" rasul (messenger) in every ummah (nation). But what we mostly understand as nation is not a nation. So, all the humans had their rasul, because we all belong to some ummah.

Yes. Bani Israel are (from) Israel's (Ya'qoob a.s.) sons.

Allah's bless and salam.
There cannot be both opinion and knowledge
of the same thing at the same time

"The First Teacher", Aristotle

Nonetheless

Quote from: Noon waalqalami on April 30, 2016, 07:54:11 AM

6:163 لا no شرىك partners له for him وبذلك and in such امرت commanded I وانا and surely I اول awwalu/foremost المسلمىن al-mus'limīna/the acquiescent

7:143 ... وانا and surely I اول awwalu/foremost المومنىن al-mu'minīna/the believers

3:67 ما not كان was ابراهىم abraham ىهودىا yahūdiyyan/jew of ولا and not نصرانىا nasraniyyan/christian of ولكن and however كان was حنىفا upright مسلما mus'liman/acquiescent of وما and not كان was من from المشركىن the idolaters

2:71 قال said انه surely he ىقول says انها surely it (f.) بقره cow لا not ذلول trained تثىر to raise الارض the land ولا and not تسقى to irrigate الحرث the harvest مسلمه musallamatun/docile (f.) لا not شىه blemish فىها in it (f.) قالوا said they الان henceforth جىت thou came بالحق with the truth فذبحوها so sacrifice they it وما and not كادوا near they of ىفعلون were doing
Peace,

Appreciate if some one can direct me to a link where I can get the above format of verses containing Arabic side by side with English words like those in purple above.

Thanks