Author Topic: On Marijuana  (Read 5268 times)

fish_launcher

• Beginner/Inquirer
On Marijuana
« on: January 22, 2016, 09:09:57 AM »
Meet endocannabinoids (compression of "endegenous cannabinoids")
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endocannabinoid_system

These are cannabinoids (compounds found in cannabis/marijuana) that are produced naturally by the body, especially during times of physical or mental stress.

If God prohibited cannabis for us, why did he put cannabinoids in our brain? After all, the brain states caused by smoking marijuana can be also reached naturally, on occasion. Even ingesting high levels of THC causes, by making the blood vessels dilate and lowering blood pressure, a type of sleep, accompanied by vivid dreams.

The ayah prohibiting Khamr could NOT have been referring to ALL intoxicants, because it would then, by extension, also prohibit morphine, a drug that is naturally produced in the brain during pain, exercise, orgasm, etc ("endorphin" is short for "endogenous morphine").

The body may be a temple, but these drugs are already a part of it.

Khamr could be referring to alcohol. Not wine, but brewed alcoholic beverages, which makes sense, because unlike cannabinoids or morphine, the body doesn't produce alcoholic compounds, and is poisoned by them. Combining social, economic, individual, and health factors, alcohol is the worst drug. It doesn't belong in our system.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-11660210

Peace.

Invalid777

• Apprentice
Re: On Marijuana
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 09:30:57 AM »

Khamr could be referring to alcohol.

It is quite illogical to claim that khamr is alcohol and therefore is a sin to consume.

If a country makes alcohol completely illegal,is there any point in telling people not to drink and drive? You don't. You just tell them that consuming alcohol is forbidden and punishable by prison. So what would be the point of The GOD telling people to not drink and pray if drinking is a sin?
"O you who believe, do not go near prayer when you are intoxicated till you know what you say,(4:43)

You ask a Muslim this question and they'll quote from their hadith books that drinking is haram and that this verse above is abrogated by the hadith that bans drinking. Kufr and hypocrisy at its finest. They're indirectly implying that the laws Bukhari wrote overrides the word of The GOD(Quran). Funny right? The Quran even talks of people in paradise who pass around a glass of wine. [Quran 76:5] "Indeed, the righteous will drink from a cup of wine whose mixture is of Kafur,"

Bukhari is the lawmaker of Muslims. He decides what is haram and what is halal. He is their god.

Hence, there is no evidence to support the claim that alcohol is prohibited. This is just one of many illogical inconsistencies pushed by political and religious sectarians who like to make prohibitions.  There is no such thing as a prohibited drink, meal, limb or air particle.

Marijuana actually has a lot health benefits.
http://www.trueactivist.com/still-believe-nature-got-it-wrong-top-10-health-benefits-of-marijuana/
Religion is the world's most prolific mental illness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJM5mipwebw

HP_TECH

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 04:41:56 PM »
You are all so biased.
I wonder what covers your hearts? Is it a creation of stone or something harder still?
Beware of your own biases when approaching a topic in the Quran.

Invalid, are these the only two aayyahs that mention intoxicants in the Quran?

You have only picked two that conform with your biases instead of truly searching for complete understanding.

I don't know if you are doing it on purpose but this common amongst many members indeed.
It is saddening.
You are all becoming no different than the sectarians you look down upon. Your unanimous biases fed by the new age consensus in this forum.

Wake up brothers

Look at the following verses please

2:219
They ask you about intoxicants and gambling. Say: ?In them is great harm, and a benefit for the people; but their harm is greater than their benefit.? And they ask you how much they are to give, say: ?The excess.? It is thus that God clarifies for you the revelations that you may think.

5:90
O you who believe, intoxicants, and gambling, and altars, and arrows of chance are tainted by the work of the devil. You shall avoid him so that you may be successful.
5:91
The devil only wants to cause strife between you through intoxi- cants and gambling, and to repel you away from remembering God and from the contact prayer. Will you be deterred?

Intoxicants is not only limited to alcohol but it is anything that intoxicates your body and covers your judgement hence Khmer it covers or conceals your concern for discretion and refrain.
It clouds your judgement let's say.

This includes any drug! Alcohol, marijuan, nicotine, cocaine, crack, ecstasy you name it any type of intoxicant.

Now! Pay attention to your Lord's words. He has not forbidden it at all.
But! Big BUT He has commanded you to avoid it that you may be successful.
It is obviously clear according these verses that there are some benefits BUT, BIG BUT again the harm outweighs the benefits.

Will you refrain from partaking in that which your Lord has told you to avoid?

The choice is always yours people.
Do what you will God is watching.

But don't ever try to to mock the righteous by shouting nonsense with no support.

The Quran is a Book to be taken in its entirety especially when trying to focus in on a specific topic.
You choose to very biasly analyze two. Disappointing really....

You can do better brothers!

Some of us would have us turn to pot smoking promiscuous liberitarians if it were up to them :nope:

إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Invalid777

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 05:14:18 PM »
You are all so biased.
I wonder what covers your hearts? Is it a creation of stone or something harder still?

You have only picked two that conform with your biases instead of truly searching for complete understanding.

I don't know if you are doing it on purpose but this common amongst many members indeed.
It is saddening.
You are all becoming no different than the sectarians you look down upon. Your unanimous biases fed by the new age consensus in this forum.

Wake up brothers

They ask you about intoxicants and gambling. Say: ?In them is great harm, and a benefit for the people; but their harm is greater than their benefit.? And they ask you how much they are to give, say: ?The excess.? It is thus that God clarifies for you the revelations that you may think.

O you who believe, intoxicants, and gambling, and altars, and arrows of chance are tainted by the work of the devil. You shall avoid him so that you may be successful.
The devil only wants to cause strife between you through intoxi- cants and gambling, and to repel you away from remembering God and from the contact prayer. Will you be deterred?

Intoxicants is not only limited to alcohol but it is anything that intoxicates your body and covers your judgement hence Khmer it covers or conceals your concern for discretion and refrain.

This includes any drug! Alcohol, marijuan, nicotine, cocaine, crack, ecstasy you name it any type of intoxicant.

It is obviously clear according these verses that there are some benefits BUT, BIG BUT again the harm outweighs the benefits.

But don't ever try to to mock the righteous by shouting nonsense with no support.

The Quran is a Book to be taken in its entirety especially when trying to focus in on a specific topic.

Some of us would have us turn to pot smoking promiscuous liberitarians if it were up to them :nope:

My point was not to promote the consumption of intoxicants but rather expose the illogical reasons sectarians use to create a list of prohibitions. Brother, drinking 5 liters of coke is no different to getting drunk. Your sugar levels will go through the roof, your internal organs will shut down and you will die. Is there any point in banning coke? Of course not. It is your choice. What happens when you eat too much fast-food? obesity, heart disease and death. Should fast-food then be banned? Of course not.

It is your choice to either destroy yourself or become a better human being, physically, psychologically and spiritually.  This exact same advice is given to us in Quran. Quran does not prohibit you from eating or drinking anything. Quran is sound advice to sound individuals. Only sound/self-aware individuals can make use of this piece of knowledge(Quran).

Today, government has adopted a lot from religion. Blind faith labelled as patriotism, holy war labelled as "defensive" war and apostasy labelled as treason. Government now dictates what you can eat, drink and think. You are told what to think and what not to think and in some parts of the world, they tell you how many children to have. They have put up a list of prohibitions and punish you for consuming it just like religion does.

We were all created with free will. The choices we make has a direct impact on not just ourselves but also life around us. The future depends on the inputs we make now. You form your future.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to choice. Quran gives advice on how to make some of these choices. The religion of Islam doesn't see it that way. A totalitarian tyranical system that makes prohibitions. There are no choices in Islam. It does not appreciate free will. Go into sheep mode or get executed for breaking the rules. No critical thinking hence no choices. The blind leading the blind.
Religion is the world's most prolific mental illness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJM5mipwebw

hawk99

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 07:18:48 PM »
Peace, I agree with HP_TECH, because I live in the US, the verses are quite easy to understand,
I know about intoxicants first hand, being sober is a no brainer if you want to be successful
as per Quran, on the other hand, things used for medicinal purposes are a great help
hence not banned as per Quran.

:peace:

The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

fye

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 10:35:13 AM »
You are all so biased.

It is saddening.

Wake up brothers

question alcohol is toxic it kills plants.
is thc toxic? and does an intoxicant have to be toxic, not just by content but by amount as well?(poisonings such as water poisoning , your lifeblood containing too much water and thus being coming diluted beyond use)

there's always that whole no one has died from smoking too much pot, and i haven't heard of THC being used to perserve other foods which i assumes is not damaging them but it does stick to fats so your body is storing thc for some reason if it's in you for a month.

alcohol is used in hormonal regulation fats are sterol (steriods), and hormones are in this catergory biologically alcohol in your diet increase your "libido" (run by alcohol consuming lipids [fats] in your body), this alcohol is in micro amounts like in artifical flavorings, breads, and cakes (things with extracts in them , extracts being 35% alcohol by fda regulation if it's less than this it can't be called an alcohol just a flavoring)
As an abrahamic monotheist i follow what's in the quran alcohol is an abomination of satan's handywork, yet it's everywhere in colognes soaps, shampoos, and deodorants, and one the breathe and bodies of the people all around us, and don't forget pumping out of their pores. but in-toxic-ants things toxic inside you is implied, caffine changes the way you think, eating more or less healthy chages the way you think but soming like advil or the pain killers derived from vemons (in some cases) are not thought of.

to simplify this i spend a lot of time smoking pot but my interpretation of intoxicant are simply poisonous things, is marijuana even a good pesticide that we might think of it as "toxic"?
Praise be to ALLAH
my friend and only friend

HP_TECH

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 11:54:59 AM »
Fye

Pot has a lot of negative long term effects on your cognitive skills.
Also because it is an illegal drug, much research on its effects has not been conducted.
There are implications however that it may be more severe than previously thought.
I would not advise anyone to any kind of drugs.

We all have our shortcomings and I am not judging you for what you do. Health wise speaking smoking anything will have lasting impact on your lungs and heart despise the myths that are propagated around the weed culture.

It is also quite addictive despite the myth. Not as addictive as other drugs, but you will still have a hard time quitting like with cigarettes.

It is ridiculous for you abstain from alcohol and then smoke pot. They're both intoxicants fye

I find it a contradiction to indulge in set activities because:

If you spend a lot of time smoking pot, how do you perform your salat?

Do you approach it while your high?

Do you try to read while you're high?

Are you high right now?

I can kind of see the effects of it in your scrambled reasoning and logic

Try hard to quit brother  :muscle:
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

hawk99

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 12:19:51 PM »
brother fye why do you smoke weed?

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

tarmo

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 10:12:30 AM »
My view on the subject is that intoxicants are not recommended in Quran because they are something which covers peoples understanding.
The verse 4:43 points it out.

4:43 O you who believe, do not come near the contact prayer while you are intoxicated, until you know what you are saying. ...

Alcohol makes people stupid.
Psychedelics as pot and others enhance the understanding (in moderate doses -  too much pot or too often dont have this effect).

tarmo

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 04:34:46 PM »
One more observation about intoxicants, they make people blundering

15:72   By your life, they are in their intoxication, blundering.