News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

The fruits He made in pairs. (13:3)

Started by NielsJacob, March 06, 2015, 06:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mclinkin94

Quote from: jkhan on August 03, 2020, 08:44:13 PM
Thank you good logic.. From my understanding of the Quran I think he presented the right meaning for 13:3... I am satisfied  on his explanation over my understanding...

Well..  65:12 is totally different subject so that I didn't mention anything about it.. Since he is a word by word clarification... Hope he would get the meaning of earth and heavens right one day... As you all know I am not a believer in universe OR spinning earth... But I do only understand within Quran earth is massive and stationary and heavens are above it in layers and all heavens are visible and the nearest (Dunya)  heaven is the extreme end of heaven well protected beyond that no entry... It is a ceiling it has doors... 65:12 never speaks of seven earth as of the current earth... 41:11-12 very clear God made only one Earth and out of smoky one heaven He turned it to seven layers and assignes each it's function... No seven earth...
Sorry... It is not a subject to speak about it.. God will true believers will understand God's real creation Earth and Heavens...
Peace...

Hello everyone, I don't want to get too deep into these because they are not too relevant to 13:3, but I do want to break down 65:12 using a word for word translation:

[Quran 65:12] Allah- He-Who - created - seven - heavens -and of - the earth - like of them (mith'lahunna).

Now, I understand one translation had it in brackets that it means [the many aspects of the earth]. However, that interpretation is a metaphorical understanding of the verse. The verse does not have the word "the many aspects of the Earth", however it is possible that the metaphorical translation you prefer is correct over the literal translation. But you must recognize the possibility that the literal translation may also be true--that there are several planets like the Earth just as there are several heavens. I say this verse does not make it clear which is the case, but it is certainly possible there are other Earth like planets or even other universes.

Note, the word "seven" in the Quran is not necessarily '7', it can also mean "several". As an example, look at Quran 2:261--The parable of those who spend their substance in the way of God is that of a grain of corn: it grows seven ears. This verse doesn't mean "seven" ears, rather it means "several ears". This is just a convention of the Arabic language where you use 7 to convey multitudes.

Note, also that 'ard' can also mean 'land', however, even if the Quran says many 'lands', that does not exclude lands in other planets as those planets also have lands. Ard also means Earth.

Now, you said something about Quran 41:11-12. I don't think anywhere in these verses does it say there is only one planet like Earth. When the Quran says "the Earth", we know exactly what it is talking about, it is talking about the one we are in right now. But this doesn't mean there aren't mith'lahunna (similar planets) of the Earth in the universe/multiverse--just that this verse is talking about our Earth (and it is not talking about other planets).

You also mentioned something about the Earth being fixed. There is no place in the Quran which explicitly and unambiguously says the Earth is fixed--but it is possible the Quran alludes to this to appeal to 7th century dispositions but note that the Quran does not explicitly say the Earth is fixed (perfectly agreeable with science). Also note Ard can also mean "land" as discussed above.

I don't want to get too deep into this in this thread because this is not relevant to the original discussion and doesn't really matter for our purposes here.

jkhan

Quote from: mclinkin94 on August 04, 2020, 04:05:02 AM
Hello everyone, I don't want to get too deep into these because they are not too relevant to 13:3, but I do want to break down 65:12 using a word for word translation:

[Quran 65:12] Allah- He-Who - created - seven - heavens -and of - the earth - like of them (mith'lahunna).

Now, I understand one translation had it in brackets that it means [the many aspects of the earth]. However, that interpretation is a metaphorical understanding of the verse. The verse does not have the word "the many aspects of the Earth", however it is possible that the metaphorical translation you prefer is correct over the literal translation. But you must recognize the possibility that the literal translation may also be true--that there are several planets like the Earth just as there are several heavens. I say this verse does not make it clear which is the case, but it is certainly possible there are other Earth like planets or even other universes.

Note, the word "seven" in the Quran is not necessarily '7', it can also mean "several". As an example, look at Quran 2:261--The parable of those who spend their substance in the way of God is that of a grain of corn: it grows seven ears. This verse doesn't mean "seven" ears, rather it means "several ears". This is just a convention of the Arabic language where you use 7 to convey multitudes.

Note, also that 'ard' can also mean 'land', however, even if the Quran says many 'lands', that does not exclude lands in other planets as those planets also have lands. Ard also means Earth.

Now, you said something about Quran 41:11-12. I don't think anywhere in these verses does it say there is only one planet like Earth. When the Quran says "the Earth", we know exactly what it is talking about, it is talking about the one we are in right now. But this doesn't mean there aren't mith'lahunna (similar planets) of the Earth in the universe/multiverse--just that this verse is talking about our Earth (and it is not talking about other planets).

You also mentioned something about the Earth being fixed. There is no place in the Quran which explicitly and unambiguously says the Earth is fixed--but it is possible the Quran alludes to this to appeal to 7th century dispositions but note that the Quran does not explicitly say the Earth is fixed (perfectly agreeable with science). Also note Ard can also mean "land" as discussed above.

I don't want to get too deep into this in this thread because this is not relevant to the original discussion and doesn't really matter for our purposes here.

Peace brother..
Thanks for your concern...
As we all know this is not the ideal topic to discuss and debate a massive subject..
Pls..  Either open new thread if interested  or post your questions
Below topic..
https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9610127.0

Let us die with guidance

[url="https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7"]https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]