About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Nabi Issa in S4V159

Started by QuranOnly, December 21, 2014, 05:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuranOnly

Salam Aleykoum,

I have a question about S4V159 which is generally translated as follows:

"And there is none from the People of the Scripture but that he will surely believe in Jesus before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection he will be against them a witness."

My question is, will nabi issa return according to you?

I'm currently learning arabic and from what i've seen "layouminana bihi" seems to be translated correctly.

I read many times on forums and on youtube from "quranists" that nabi Issa will not come back, but most of the time they would skip this verse. I feel like some of them try to contradict the hadiths at any cost.

Thanks!

huruf

"And there is none from the People of the Scripture but that he will surely believe in Jesus before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection he will be against them a witness."

Whose death? Not 3isa, but the "none" are referred to which requeres in Arabic the singular generic, which is morfologically same as masculine.

On the other hand, check

19.33.  "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

No consideration as to something in between his life in his time nor the day of qiayama.

Salaam

QuranOnly

Ok, so you think this verse is saying that every people of the book will believe in Issa before dying?

You've got a point with S19V33, nothing can make us think about a coming back on earth.

And what about S43V61, translated as follows:

"And indeed, Jesus will be [a sign for] knowledge of the Hour, so be not in doubt of it, and follow Me. This is a straight path."

How do you understand it?

Thanks for your answer

salam.

Hizbullah

Salam,

Q.21:34 - And We did not grant to any man BEFORE YOU, eternity [on earth]; so if you die - would they be eternal?

No one lives forever except THE ALMIGHTY ALLAH

Peace
Q:02:32 - They said, "Exalted are YOU; we have no knowledge except what YOU have taught us. Indeed, it is YOU who is the Knowing, the Wise."

QuranOnly

Yes, but no one is speaking about eternal life, even the sunnis.

Hizbullah

Quote from: QuranOnly on December 21, 2014, 05:15:57 AM

My question is, will nabi issa return according to you?

i am referring to your question and to enhance what huruf wrote.

Btw, the Sunnis believe what the Christians believe.
Q:02:32 - They said, "Exalted are YOU; we have no knowledge except what YOU have taught us. Indeed, it is YOU who is the Knowing, the Wise."

huruf

Quote from: QuranOnly on December 21, 2014, 07:08:15 PM
Ok, so you think this verse is saying that every people of the book will believe in Issa before dying?

You've got a point with S19V33, nothing can make us think about a coming back on earth.

And what about S43V61, translated as follows:

"And indeed, Jesus will be [a sign for] knowledge of the Hour, so be not in doubt of it, and follow Me. This is a straight path."

How do you understand it?

Thanks for your answer

salam.

I think we have to look at 3isa and his mother, to Maryam and her son in another way. We are told that they are an aya, we are told that for God he is like adam What did God do with adam? He made it out of clay, then comes through Maryam a man who models birds of clay and then he  blows into them and, with God permission, they fly.

It is up to us to believe that those clay figures are ceramic sculptures and that they are actual birds that fly, 3isa did not teach to birds but to person, and thanks to his teachings persons fly, obviously not in the sky but in the realm of God's spiritual bliss. I guess the hour will be related to that, to the spiritual kingdom of love, of rahma, that rahma God has put between both sexes and which all human should be guided with, since we are "pounded" on with it by God Itself.

There are also trumpets in the Qur'an which will be blown on hte coming of the hour. We should strive for that hour to be the hour of spiritual faith and awaking, and not the victims of darkness when it befalls us unabated.

There are many things to ponder on this question. Why should God delegate on a prophet the spiritual awakening of humanity, on a prohet that precisely, together with his mother is an aya, whose mother is an unmarried mother and known as such... a woman who gets entrusted precisely that mission. I think that the making of Maryam as an "aya of virginity" has muddled up the waters a lot and made us loose sight of other things. Virginity is of no consequence, rahma is.

Salaam 

huruf

As to the meaning of 159, I think htat the meaning is that those of the people of the book cna't escape but to believe in 3isa, the real 3isa, not the god-3isa. and that 3isa himself will be witness for or against them.

On the other hand if we want to read that the death is that og 3isa, we must bear in mind that it is the 3isa before his death. So no question about his earthly resurrection that is out of before his death, because anything after 3isa himself will be witness against them in this particular case that we interpret before 3isa's death. We do have to remember that God is speaking here for the people of the book, that particular people who believe that 3isa resurrected and ascended heaven. God is not speaking for those (sunnis or hadithists, or whatever, but for those of the people of the book with those beliefs not even for the jews, who themselves would have no problem with 3isa having died and been badly forgotten.

I think whichever way works. Hope I haven't muddled it up more.

Salaam

QuranOnly

Salam,

S5V116:
And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

S5V117:
I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness.

These verses suggest that Issa wasn't aware of they did after him and that when he left, he left for good. No return whatsoever is made implicit.