News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

What do you think of WikiIslam's "questions for Qur'anists?"

Started by Plato2, October 07, 2014, 11:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plato2

1. Why do you deny the hadith? Is it because you are ashamed of your prophet?
2. Does it bother you that even without the hadith, the Qur'an sanctions pedophilia, domestic abuse, and many other crimes? Shouldn't you embrace your apostasy and get rid of the Qur'an?
3. Why do some of you accept the hadiths that make Muhammad look good and reject the ones that make him look bad? Do you enjoy being intellectually dishonest?
4. The historical evidence for Muhammad is found in the hadith and sirat. If you do not accept these sources, how do you know your prophet ever existed?
5.If you reject the hadith, you lose the whole context and order of the Qur'anic revelations. So is there no compulsion in religion or do you have to slay the idolaters wherever you find them?
6.Why do you believe the Qur'an is the uncorrupted word of God, when the narrators of corrupted hadith are the same people who passed down the Qur'an?
7. The Qur'an never explains how to offer salat. Who taught you how to pray?
8. The Qur'an says there should be 3 daily prayers. Who told you to pray 5 times?
9. The Qur'an mentions Abu Lahab. Without referencing "corrupted" hadith, please tell us who is he and why does Allah hate him?
10. Is it upsetting knowing that most Muslims think you follow an obscure cult and that you're a non-Muslim?
One can be a Muslim their entire life without ever meeting a "Qur'anist". So why are there so many of you on the net?
11. Why accuse the Sunnis and Shi'ites, who've been following hadith for 1000+ years, of innovation, when it's you who's the innovator?
12. What did Muhammad look like? How many wives did he have and what were their names? What were the names of his children? How old was he when he first received his prophethood? When and how did he die? Do you even know anything about your prophet?
13. Why do you accept the revelations given to someone who you know nothing about?
14. Did you know that Rashad Khalifa was a lying pedophile and rapist?
15. If you don't accept the history behind the compilation of the Qur'an, what makes it different from any other poorly written Medieval text? How do you know that (like The True Furqan) it's not an old parody?

Man of Faith

I find that they are ignorant questions and are based on a delusional perception of what God ever taught. Some of the questions are even factually wrong.

Be of one with God
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Jafar

Sectarian mindset drives sectarian questions..

I found similar mindset among other sectarian groups, namely Christians and Jews (Judaist)

Wakas

peace plato2,

I think the questions are of a poor quality and anyone who thinks they are sound questions should think and question more. Here is some brief replies:

1)
We reject traditional hadith as obligatory/authoritative as they have no authority, as per Quran.

2)
see www.misconceptions-about-islam.com

3)
We dont accept any traditional hadith as fact, even the "good" ones. Some may be true however.

4)
see http://www.islam-and-muslims.com/External-References-Islam-Hoyland.pdf

5) see www.misconceptions-about-islam.com
and
http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/disproved_traditional_salat.htm

6) incorrect, see
http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9601390.msg263468#msg263468

7)
Yes it does, see
http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/quran_on_salat.htm
Perhaps the questioner means "The Quran doesn't explain what most think salat is" - assumes this "salat" is correct.

8 ) The Quran doesn't state 3 nor 5 see
http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/problems-5-salat-Quran.html

9) see:
http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=13605.msg117237#msg117237

10)
Those following a Quran based islam are growing and been around since the Quran
http://www.islam-and-muslims.com/opponents-tradition-cook.docx
http://meine-islam-reform.de/index.php/component/attachments/download/119.html
http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/Rethinking_Tradition_Modern_Islamic_Thought.htm
http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9601756.0
http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9597951.msg194971#msg194971

11)
see point 10

12)
We dont need such unnecessary information. All the necessary information we need is in Quran
see http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/Quran_clear_complete_detailed_explained.htm

13)
How does one verify a truth? This is the same way in which to verify Quran
see http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9597396.msg191658#msg191658

14)
Irrelevant
I recommend: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/
and looking up ad hominen, appeal to emotion, guilt by association, poisening the well

15)
It's content, read. Also see
http://www.quran434.com/Does-God-Exist.pdf
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

FindingRightPath

Salaam,

I think these questions are absurd and very easy to answer too even for me, but I can not believe WikiIslam promote and hold such illogical questions. I went to this WikiIslam to see what they had to say about the Science in Quran and actually took their arguments seriously just to see both sides for me decide weather the science in Quran is true or not.

First, it is them calling us Quranist is wrong if they know we take guidance from Quran, and there is no such word Quranist exist in Quran. It is the others who started calling us from what they assume. We never said we are Quranists.
Anyway, I will answer from what I know of.

Why should I be ashamed of? What did he do? I do not deny hadith. I follow what God calls the best Hadith and not a fabricated Hadith, the Quran.

2. Does it bother you that even without the hadith, the Qur'an sanctions pedophilia, domestic abuse, and many other crimes? Shouldn't you embrace your apostasy and get rid of the Qur'an?

Where? I can not find any. Any verses will be appreciated if one finds it. What apostasy? Why should I care for men-made laws when God says different.

3. Why do some of you accept the hadiths that make Muhammad look good and reject the ones that make him look bad? Do you enjoy being intellectually dishonest?

Which Hadiths? I follow only one acceptable Hadith according to God, the Quran. I do not accept anything else. I read the rest be it Bible/Torah/any book for knowledge purposes and might take it if it does not contradict Quran. Though, even if I accept, I only ASSUME it most probably might be, but I will never follow it and take as a word of God. Other books other than Quran are like any other books which I learn from as God said to seek knowledge, but that does not mean they are word of God or I should take it as source of God especially when they contradicts Quran. So where do this making Mohammad look good and bad comes from? If I am reading Bible/Torah, does this mean I am looking to make Jesus, Moses, Ibrahim and all Prophets there in order to make them look good and bad?  :confused:

4. The historical evidence for Muhammad is found in the hadith and sirat. If you do not accept these sources, how do you know your prophet ever existed?

Quran has sayings of Prophet. If Quran has his sayings and actions, of course, then I know then he existed.

5.If you reject the hadith, you lose the whole context and order of the Qur'anic revelations. So is there no compulsion in religion or do you have to slay the idolaters wherever you find them?

What context, order, and revelations? God says nothing we have omitted out from this book and it is detailed. Allah also says nothing shall abrogate his words. I am sure there are many more verses like that.

6.Why do you believe the Qur'an is the uncorrupted word of God, when the narrators of corrupted hadith are the same people who passed down the Qur'an?

There is no where in Quran where it says narrators of hadiths are the same people who passed down the Quran. God revealed it to Prophet. God says he will be the guardian of it. It is the history and what people say they passed it and all.  Tomorrow someone else will come and tell me his forefathers brought Quran, should I also believe him?

It does explain it. It talks about Wudu, Prostration, and what to say in salat, the timing, and so on. Now it is up the the individual, what they take from this.

8. The Qur'an says there should be 3 daily prayers. Who told you to pray 5 times?

And when did people assume we pray 5 times or even 3 times? It is up to the person what they understand about how many times are the prayers in Quran.

9. The Qur'an mentions Abu Lahab. Without referencing "corrupted" hadith, please tell us who is he and why does Allah hate him?

I have to check this myself, but it would not be hard. One mostly just have to look at the context verses or read the whole chapter to understand a verse.

10. Is it upsetting knowing that most Muslims think you follow an obscure cult and that you're a non-Muslim?

No, I worry what God think of me, and I get upset more over the fanatics from every religion and group who oppress others. What others just think doesn't really matter. There will always be those who will think negatively about others no matter how nice one is, so better to not worry about it all the time and enjoy life. 

One can be a Muslim their entire life without ever meeting a "Qur'anist". So why are there so many of you on the net?

??? What does this mean?

11. Why accuse the Sunnis and Shi'ites, who've been following hadith for 1000+ years, of innovation, when it's you who's the innovator?

I did not accuse them. How am I innovator? I follow Quran which came way centuries before fabricated hadiths were written. So who are the innovators?

12. What did Muhammad look like? How many wives did he have and what were their names? What were the names of his children? How old was he when he first received his prophethood? When and how did he die? Do you even know anything about your prophet?

How does his personal life have anything to do with his message? At the end of the day, he was a messenger and what his message was is in Quran. How does knowing how many wives he had, his age, his habits, his color, his hobbies, his friends, and all this got to do anything with his MESSAGE?

13. Why do you accept the revelations given to someone who you know nothing about?

Same repeated question is asked. The answer to this is the same answer given in question four.

Who is he and why should I care? Is he mentioned in Quran? I have heard he claimed to be a messenger and removed 2 verses from Quran, but how does that concern me? f he is lying pedophile and rapist, then God can judge him and again what has that to do with Quran?

15. If you don't accept the history behind the compilation of the Qur'an, what makes it different from any other poorly written Medieval text? How do you know that (like The True Furqan) it's not an old parody?

It makes it different because it is logical, has universal views and applies to all people, has many examples applied to different situations, reasonable, has science which is good if one wants to see a sign in it, and if one reads it, it just can not be possible to be written by a human. One can feel it if one is sincere and patient enough to seek guidance from Lord. There can be other reasons too, but these are the reasons for me so far.

huruf

I have read two questions and I haven't got any further, what a heap of nonsense.

It as if I ask my neighbour: Why are you fourlegged? He will look at me and think simultanoeusly of the asylum for lunatics and rightly so.

Glory to wikiwikiwikiwiki. I do prefer kiwi kiwi kiwi

Salaam

reel

What is funny is that why hadiths must be rejected is answered quite well by another anti Islam site called Answering Islam. Wkiislam claims to have found mistakes in Quran despite the fact that most often they insert their own words inside the verses to make them look like they are wrong or violent. Why we reject hadith is given within the section of this forum's hadith section. Feel free to read the threads. Yet if you feel lazy here are some of the answers:

We deny hadiths because it is instructed by Allah in Quran. Also because it is based on hearsay. If you want us to believe in hadith books you have to prove that chinese whisper of 250 years has the ability to provide 100% accurate answers. We aren't ashamed of our Prophet. But we just know that the man in the hadith book is someone other than him. Why should we uphold lies? Why should we be blind followers? Why should we believe in lies just to please the society? Isn't there something called brain? That's what we are trying to use. Can wikiislam people prove that he had 9 to 11 wives? Do they have evidence that all the stories found in hadith books about are correct?

If Wikiislam people are so rational and focused how on earth they have trouble in understanding that beating is equal to leave also? Why did they skip the verse that comes after the beating one? Is it because just like blind Muslims, they follow some village scholar? Why didn't they understand the verse about so called pedophillia is actually about fruits and waiters?

Hadiths are forbidden, period! Here is one of the many verses that says so: 6:112 - We have permitted the enemies of every prophet?human and jinn devils?to inspire in each other fancy words, in order to deceive. Had your Lord willed, they would not have done it. You shall disregard them and their fabrications.

Some people still accept a few hadiths probably because they want to please their hadith following friends or they have trouble breaking away from traditions. As sectless Muslims, we are not going to force them to reject hadith books. Allah hates those who do such things.

LOL, when did hearsay become historical evidence? See answer 1. As for sirat, do you realize it was written in India? Also the writer does not claim that whatever he wrote in it were truth. The book goes with "he said" she said", "they thought", etc etc. He said in it, that he was not sure if they were truly facts.

First of all, I don't think knowing the order of Quranic revelations can help me in becoming a good human being. Wikiislam now proves to be 100 percent fraud. Any person who read Quran in his own language knows the verse where Allah says that Quran explains itself.

6. Why do you believe the Qur'an is the uncorrupted word of God, when the narrators of corrupted hadith are the same people who passed down the Qur'an?
Tell them to find a day job. It looks like they mostly copy what others write. The question above is taken from combat kit that hadith followers made against Quran followers. Anyways, if a liar memorizes a real poem and recites it in front of you will probably not believe him, but you will know that the poem he is reciting is in correct form especially if rest of the people around you know the poem. Not all friends of Prophet Muhammad were saints. But there is no way to corrupt the Quran because it can be fully memorized. This is what his friends did. Even today, you will find 3 year old who memorized the entire Quran. Same is not true for hadith books. They aren't poetic. They are simply "sayings" which can change structure with more people talking about them.

Another sign that Wikiilam people never read the Quran, but just haunted for verses online to make them look violent. Salat exists in Quran. Traditional Muslims have abandoned it to worship the scholars. In fact, hadith books dont have full salat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ppRxGodDCk&list=PLCEFD55F9A8E6A4E0 Why didn't  the "all knolwedgable" wiki islam writers see this?

No, Quran talks about 5 prayers. Some people thought its 3 prayers because all of us have started following our religion from the scratch. We used to be the fools among 1.6 billion Muslims. WikiIslam, come up with original questions. Stop copying someone else's work.

Honestly speaking, I don't think Hadith books got it right about him, for they claim, his named was changed to Abu Lahab from Abdul Uzzah in Quran. That's outright stupid to believe.

Here is the stupid explanation given by hadith followers:
His real name is Abdul Uzzah, who was an idol/false god. So Allah does not dignify him by mentioning the false god that he worshiped. Also nobody is the slave of Uzzah so his name is a lie so Allah does not mention his name.
Because he is of the people of the Fire and Allah is going to put him in a flame that is flickering red, why not call him by his nickname because his nickname has now been given a new meaning. Now when he is called Abu Lahab, he?s not called that because he has redish skin or he looks good, but because he?s going to be in a Lahab forever.

Problem: Allah mentions baal and even satan in Quran. Both are liars and even now get worships from people. Therefore, the story found in Hadith is a lie. The Surah simply implies that this Abu Lahab guy was evil. Hence, I don't think knowing about him will help me in my Islamic journey. We don't need to spend time on trivial things.

10. Is it upsetting knowing that most Muslims think you follow an obscure cult and that you're a non-Muslim?One can be a Muslim their entire life without ever meeting a "Qur'anist". So One can be a Muslim their entire life without ever meeting a "Qur'anist". So why are there so many of you on the net?
Not really. What they think is not important to us, for they are neither our parents nor they promised us to lessen our pain during our death. They don't even bring us income and food. We don't break rules. We don't go around following pharao's rules like burning someone just because they don't follow what we follow. Also we aren't village idiots who must always try to please the society. Is wikiislam run by third graders? What kind of idiot asks "One can be a Muslim their entire life without ever meeting a "Qur'anist". So why are there so many of you on the net?"

Once again, stop parroting someone else's work. Learn the meaning of innovation. Enroll in basic business studies class and you will know its meaning. Apparently, innovations were started by hadith followers and here we are trying to go back to Quran.

WikiIslam Dude, Prophets are not Hollywood celebrities. How they look like contributes nothing in our Islamic journey. However, from our discussion, we presumed that according to Quran, he had two wives. We'll provide update once we find out the ultimate truth. Note that we have started from the scratch.

Who says we don't know him? Didnt Allah mention our Prophet in Quran? I thought wikiislam people claim to know bits and pieces of our text.

Who cares what he was? We aren't his followers. Those who follow him are called submitters.

If you read the Quran you will know why we accept Quran. Once again, the history adds no value to our Islamic journey.

This is how I feel about Wikiislam and hadith followers who came up with the combat kit.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Rahid27898

WikiIslam is brainwashing peoples mind. Many of the people visits that site because they want to learn about islam. Also most editor of WkiIslam are from traditional Islamic families. But WikiIslam tells all the lies, hadiths and all supertitious beliefs, they also have a page which shows how many people left Islam. I think its misguiding people but also letting people think 'what the truth is?'.

FindingRightPath

Quote from: reel on October 13, 2014, 07:20:17 AM
What is funny is that why hadiths must be rejected is answered quite well by another anti Islam site called Answering Islam. Wkiislam claims to have found mistakes in Quran despite the fact that most often they insert their own words inside the verses to make them look like they are wrong or violent. Why we reject hadith is given within the section of this forum's hadith section. Feel free to read the threads. Yet if you feel lazy here are some of the answers:

We deny hadiths because it is instructed by Allah in Quran. Also because it is based on hearsay. If you want us to believe in hadith books you have to prove that chinese whisper of 250 years has the ability to provide 100% accurate answers. We aren't ashamed of our Prophet. But we just know that the man in the hadith book is someone other than him. Why should we uphold lies? Why should we be blind followers? Why should we believe in lies just to please the society? Isn't there something called brain? That's what we are trying to use. Can wikiislam people prove that he had 9 to 11 wives? Do they have evidence that all the stories found in hadith books about are correct?

If Wikiislam people are so rational and focused how on earth they have trouble in understanding that beating is equal to leave also? Why did they skip the verse that comes after the beating one? Is it because just like blind Muslims, they follow some village scholar? Why didn't they understand the verse about so called pedophillia is actually about fruits and waiters?

Hadiths are forbidden, period! Here is one of the many verses that says so: 6:112 - We have permitted the enemies of every prophet?human and jinn devils?to inspire in each other fancy words, in order to deceive. Had your Lord willed, they would not have done it. You shall disregard them and their fabrications.

Some people still accept a few hadiths probably because they want to please their hadith following friends or they have trouble breaking away from traditions. As sectless Muslims, we are not going to force them to reject hadith books. Allah hates those who do such things.

LOL, when did hearsay become historical evidence? See answer 1. As for sirat, do you realize it was written in India? Also the writer does not claim that whatever he wrote in it were truth. The book goes with "he said" she said", "they thought", etc etc. He said in it, that he was not sure if they were truly facts.

First of all, I don't think knowing the order of Quranic revelations can help me in becoming a good human being. Wikiislam now proves to be 100 percent fraud. Any person who read Quran in his own language knows the verse where Allah says that Quran explains itself.

6. Why do you believe the Qur'an is the uncorrupted word of God, when the narrators of corrupted hadith are the same people who passed down the Qur'an?
Tell them to find a day job. It looks like they mostly copy what others write. The question above is taken from combat kit that hadith followers made against Quran followers. Anyways, if a liar memorizes a real poem and recites it in front of you will probably not believe him, but you will know that the poem he is reciting is in correct form especially if rest of the people around you know the poem. Not all friends of Prophet Muhammad were saints. But there is no way to corrupt the Quran because it can be fully memorized. This is what his friends did. Even today, you will find 3 year old who memorized the entire Quran. Same is not true for hadith books. They aren't poetic. They are simply "sayings" which can change structure with more people talking about them.

Another sign that Wikiilam people never read the Quran, but just haunted for verses online to make them look violent. Salat exists in Quran. Traditional Muslims have abandoned it to worship the scholars. In fact, hadith books dont have full salat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ppRxGodDCk&list=PLCEFD55F9A8E6A4E0 Why didn't  the "all knolwedgable" wiki islam writers see this?

No, Quran talks about 5 prayers. Some people thought its 3 prayers because all of us have started following our religion from the scratch. We used to be the fools among 1.6 billion Muslims. WikiIslam, come up with original questions. Stop copying someone else's work.

Honestly speaking, I don't think Hadith books got it right about him, for they claim, his named was changed to Abu Lahab from Abdul Uzzah in Quran. That's outright stupid to believe.

Here is the stupid explanation given by hadith followers:
His real name is Abdul Uzzah, who was an idol/false god. So Allah does not dignify him by mentioning the false god that he worshiped. Also nobody is the slave of Uzzah so his name is a lie so Allah does not mention his name.
Because he is of the people of the Fire and Allah is going to put him in a flame that is flickering red, why not call him by his nickname because his nickname has now been given a new meaning. Now when he is called Abu Lahab, he?s not called that because he has redish skin or he looks good, but because he?s going to be in a Lahab forever.

Problem: Allah mentions baal and even satan in Quran. Both are liars and even now get worships from people. Therefore, the story found in Hadith is a lie. The Surah simply implies that this Abu Lahab guy was evil. Hence, I don't think knowing about him will help me in my Islamic journey. We don't need to spend time on trivial things.

10. Is it upsetting knowing that most Muslims think you follow an obscure cult and that you're a non-Muslim?One can be a Muslim their entire life without ever meeting a "Qur'anist". So One can be a Muslim their entire life without ever meeting a "Qur'anist". So why are there so many of you on the net?
Not really. What they think is not important to us, for they are neither our parents nor they promised us to lessen our pain during our death. They don't even bring us income and food. We don't break rules. We don't go around following pharao's rules like burning someone just because they don't follow what we follow. Also we aren't village idiots who must always try to please the society. Is wikiislam run by third graders? What kind of idiot asks "One can be a Muslim their entire life without ever meeting a "Qur'anist". So why are there so many of you on the net?"

Once again, stop parroting someone else's work. Learn the meaning of innovation. Enroll in basic business studies class and you will know its meaning. Apparently, innovations were started by hadith followers and here we are trying to go back to Quran.

WikiIslam Dude, Prophets are not Hollywood celebrities. How they look like contributes nothing in our Islamic journey. However, from our discussion, we presumed that according to Quran, he had two wives. We'll provide update once we find out the ultimate truth. Note that we have started from the scratch.

Who says we don't know him? Didnt Allah mention our Prophet in Quran? I thought wikiislam people claim to know bits and pieces of our text.

Who cares what he was? We aren't his followers. Those who follow him are called submitters.

If you read the Quran you will know why we accept Quran. Once again, the history adds no value to our Islamic journey.

This is how I feel about Wikiislam and hadith followers who came up with the combat kit.

Lol, Reel, I love your answers and the picture  :rotfl:

reel

QuoteLol, Reel, I love your answers and the picture 

Heehee thank you. I feel about the typos. I come to forum before bedtime. Hence, my sleepy head messes up the words. I just came from wikiislam. Noticed that they use hadith books and tafsirs to prove Quran is bad and all. That's why, they provided those questions. We create problems for them because we tend to dissect the words for proper meanings. It looks like they have 0 percent idea about what they are writing. Too much copy and paste from hadith books and tafsirs. I made a mistake when I thought they were trying to be rational. It looks like they either have some kind of psychological problem for which they spend time on what they don't believe in or there is some group paying them to run the site.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj