News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Would my fellow Muslims dare answer these rational questions?

Started by harris, September 17, 2014, 04:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drfazl

Quote from: Armanaziz on October 15, 2014, 11:08:13 PM
Salamun Alaikum.

Our conscience and intellect is our direct connection with Allah.

May Allah guide us all to the straight route.

Regards,
Arman

Salam

Conscience is totally subjective  - The Sign of Allah
Intellect is absolutely objective  - The Science of man

Quran has in it subjectivity raised high above the objective science of humans. Both are antagonistic to each other. Whereas the signs are the Truth from Allah to be discerned through the 'Furqan' the criterion, the science is far, far below to it. The science of Fir'aun is drowned by the Sign of Allah when he cleaved the ocean into mountainous two parts with a dry passage between them for the people of Musa to witness it; and as believers in the Signs of Allah we are witnesses to it too. Man's intellect cannot reason to this event or give logical conclusion using their science. Allah brings life from the dead and the dead from the living and it was demonstrated by Esa, son of Maryam; the 'Brain Dead' science cannot understand with its logics, concepts and phylosophies.

The use of the inner eye - having the insight makes a man a believer in the Unseen abstract Superior Power above us. With reason and logic using your intellect you cannot attain this belief without using the Furqan, the insight. Allah calls those who use their objective sight as blind; and those who hear to and believe such objectivity as deaf; and all that they speak of the objective goals are merely dumb.

"The blind and those who have insight are not equal. 7/64 They were a community blind; 10/43 There are people who see you but you cannot make see those who are blind; 11/24 The two groups are not equals as parables: those who are blind and deaf; and those who have insight and who have ability to lend their ears to the inner voice."

20.124  But he who turns a blind eye to My remembrance, his will be a narrow life, and I shall bring him blind on the Day of Resurrection. 20/125 He will say, "My Lord, why have you raised me blind while I was [once] seeing?"

May Allah Guide Us All.
drfazl
Quran reading is useless unless we decisively stick to righteousness in our lives, at least to an extent possible. Based on such status Allah Guides, in such a way  [url="http://foolproofcure.net/index.aspx"]http://foolproofcure.net/index.aspx[/url]   that we do not transgress after receiving His Mercy.

Rahid27898

Quote from: Man of Faith on September 17, 2014, 05:02:36 AM
Just for your information on the second question. You talked about advanced countries and that they do not follow the message. These countries are following the message of Quran much better than the countries you speak of who call themselves by the label Muslim. It is part of the reason behind their advancements.

In later years the same countries have begun to be ripped apart from what they were previously standing for and hence you have seen the negative trend too. Fixation on sex, exposed clothing and overall socially colder countries.

People often tend to conpletely miss the point with what Allah teaches in the scripture called Quran, about love and care for our fellow humans and to be fair and sound in judgment and thus do good and behave well.

The truth is that only one wife is what is taught by God; "for a man is not born with two hearts".

Be of one with God
Except for some, those countries follow the message but they dont know the messages but at least they are following. I see average Americans utter God's name more than the average Muslims. You can see different polls that shows at least 70% of Americans pray at least daily.

Man of Faith

Spiritual harmony be upon you,

You can utter God's name any amount of times and it will not make any difference if your deeds and behavior do not speak for it.

I could utter God's spirit once in the morning and then do a lot of goodly deeds throughout the day until it is time to retire for the day and I have done a much better service than the man who repeatedly said God/Allah throughout the day without getting much done in terms of deeds and behavior.

Be of one with "God"
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Arman

Quote from: drfazl on October 16, 2014, 02:28:13 AM
Conscience is totally subjective  - The Sign of Allah
Intellect is absolutely objective  - The Science of man
Quran has in it subjectivity raised high above the objective science of humans. Both are antagonistic to each other.

Salamun Alaikum.

Respectfully disagree to the above. Our conscience and our objectivity are both gifts from the same One God af if opposite sides of the same coin.

The signs of Allah are the source of the science of man. Everyday Allah is revealing new signs and humans are making new discoveries. Men observe the signs in outside world, apply his reasoning and comes up with what we call science. Had Moses parted the see today - our geologists would have a new "natural phenomenon" to explore. Had Moses thrown his stuff to make snake today - our biologists would see a new species of snake that turns into a stick when it hibernates. If Jesus were born in a hospital - physicians would write the scientific genesis of a virgin birth - God's signs are not meant to defeat the knowledge of men - Gods signs are there to increase it. There is nothing antagonistic between the two.

May Allah guide us to the straight route.

Regards,
Arman
Indeed I have faced my face to the One who farmed the heavens and the earth in precision; and I do not happen to be among the ones associating partners (with Him).

drfazl

Quote from: Armanaziz on October 16, 2014, 05:54:50 AM
Salamun Alaikum.

Our conscience and our objectivity are both gifts from the same One God af if opposite sides of the same coin.

God did not create coin; God created foods and the governments hoarded it grabbing them away from the reach of the people and then invented coin made the God created foods as purchasable commodities. When man's life itself is precious and priceless, can the food that gives life to the priceless life of man be sold for a price that man cannot afford and die? God did not create coin; God created life and the foods for it; Shaitan created the coin for the food. Head of the coin is shaitan; and the tail of the coin is food for money.

QuoteThe signs of Allah are the source of the science of man.

The Signs of Allah reveals that what He creates is full of life force and they live by themselves and this Truth is strong source to dismiss that man's inventions and his science are nothing but dead and deadly things exhumed from the earth.

The Sign of Allah - He creates everything with water
The wretched science of man - a drop of water is enough to destroy all his inventions.

Regards
drfazl

Quran reading is useless unless we decisively stick to righteousness in our lives, at least to an extent possible. Based on such status Allah Guides, in such a way  [url="http://foolproofcure.net/index.aspx"]http://foolproofcure.net/index.aspx[/url]   that we do not transgress after receiving His Mercy.

Arman

Quote from: drfazl on October 17, 2014, 02:02:19 AM
God did not create coin; God created foods and the governments hoarded it grabbing them away from the reach of the people and then invented coin made the God created foods as purchasable commodities.
:o

I am done with this.

May Allah guide us all to the straight route.

Regards,
Arman
Indeed I have faced my face to the One who farmed the heavens and the earth in precision; and I do not happen to be among the ones associating partners (with Him).

drfazl

Quote from: harris on September 17, 2014, 04:29:43 AM

Salaam Bros n Sisters,

Its been a long time since I posted. As a rational monotheist Muslim, I am content that I follow a religion that is most logical and superior to all other beliefs on Earth. But then there are yet questions about Islam that bother me. These are questions that pop-up when discussing religion with people of other religions. I would be grateful if all of you here could provide your own views and responses.

Shukran.

Here are a few queries....

1) We usually discuss that the Holy Quran is very scientific, logical and one will not find any nonsense within it. But then we also have verses that discuss about King Solomon's time when he 'spoke' to the hoopoe bird and heard the ant; when 'jinns' did all kinds of magical stuff in daily life. Verses talk about the bad effects of black-magic, the evil-eye etc. all of which are truly unscientific.

Do not equate Quran with Science

Science is theoretical hypothesis to the material occurrences and materially existing things in the nature with a certain level of experimental orientation; for example we cannot create air but we talk so much of air and its elements, leave alone what we say about the water and food through our science knowledge. Allah asks us not to pursue about that which you have no wisdom (the absolute knowledge which if you possess you can become creator yourself; otherwise the knowledge or the science we possess should become a destructive force against the mankind!). Which of these two do we possess - wisdom of life or ever-defective science? Therefore it is time we stopped forthwith discussing Quran from the underdog scientific angle, as a prerogative. We are doomed.

salam

drfazl

Salaam Bros n Sisters,

But then we also have verses that discuss about King Solomon's time when he 'spoke' to the hoopoe bird and heard the ant; when 'jinns' did all kinds of magical stuff in daily life. Verses talk about the bad effects of black-magic, the evil-eye etc. all of which are truly unscientific.

King Sulaiman and Dawood were taught to speak to all kinds of birds not to 'hoopoe' kind of bird alone. Likewise they knew the language of all kinds of ants too. These are among the signs of God; Further more Sulaiman was able to command the air and water; and brass was made to melt and run like water by his command while Dawood could speak and command the mountains. When God can communicate to everything in the heavens and in the earth and everything in between, what is the problem in understanding that God teaches the communication by His leave to some of His creations He had created -with a purpose? They are not unscientific; but the science is blind, deaf and dumb. The problem is science does not understand its weaknesses.

drfazl

Salaam Bros n Sisters,

If Islam is the true word of God, why is there so much chaos, suffering and hatred in the Muslim world? If we explain that this is because average Muslims do not follow the real word of God from the Quran, then the Christian asks, why then did God reveal the Quran, if people ultimately did not follow it? What is the utility of the revelation when it is not used for society's benefits? Why is it that the world's most peaceful, techonologically advanced and democratic countries that give human freedoms are all nations that DO NOT follow the message of Islam?

Salam Haris,

They are not muslims in the first place for they overlooked the Principles of Quran: 1. Take refuge in Allah from shaitan before entering Quran; 2. Never argue over the verses of Quran but exchange your views beautifully; 3. Allah alone shall deliver the Revelation from the Quranic Verses as to the guidance of each individual for, Allah alone is the Knower of All Things, the Wise. 4. Stay united as one community 5. Arguments will divide you 6. Only those who do not believe in the Signs of Quran will engage in arguments. 6. No one is pure 7. Allah grants of His Wisdom to whom He will 8. Fear Allah and fall from your pride before His Ayats 9. Allah is the judge and His is the Judgment. 10. Seek from Him to make you a Muslim. 11. Be Patient, Enduring, Persist in Forbearing in the Name of Allah.

Quran is the true word of God with its Signs of Authority. With regard to the Muslims the Quran says not to call you a muslim 2/128 until He makes you a muslim; and so seek from Allah to make you a Muslim. Whether you are a Muslim or not, it is in the judgment of Allah; but then the pseudo-muslims who call themselves the ones transgressed in that they regard the so called non-muslims as kafirs, jews, christians and hindus; they denounced that with Allah is the judgment about the people and the execution of His orders, these clergy pass fatwas on others while they claim them to be belonging to paradises of Allah 2/94,95. And it is these clergies that divided the one believing nation into innumerable segments and sections belying Quran 6/70.

"And forsake those who take their religion for a pastime and a jest, and whom the life of the world beguiles. Remind hereby lest a soul be destroyed by what it earns. It has beside Allah no protecting ally nor intercessor, and though it offers every compensation it will not be accepted from it. Those are they who perish by their own deserts. For them is drink of boiling water and a painful doom, because they rejected Quran."

Quran has been sent down not for the muslims but to make Muslims of the mankind; Quran has nothing to force one to be a Muslim but to plainly communicate with the mankind the Guidance, to help their lives through both the worlds. It is for the mankind to take it for their own good or turn away from it for their own peril. Allah is Just to those who turn to Him alone. Therefore the utility of Quran and its Signs are very much an availability till the end of the world, when by the decree of Allah the life of the mankind reaches its end in this world for the life in the final world.

drfazl

Fusion

In my view, we are all children of God, following a religion or not is a different matter, and will not change the fact that God created us and then bind us with laws of nature(science) which are in actual fact rules that govern humanity existence along with all of the things that come with it (art, science, good and bad etc etc).

It is clearly mentioned in Quran that (33:72)
"Indeed, we offered the Trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, and they declined to bear it and feared it; but man [undertook to] bear it. Indeed, he was unjust and ignorant."

Again the above translation is not 100% reflection of the arabic words. In arabic, the verse meant (as explained by my non religious arabic friend) that those creations (heavens, earth and mountains) utterly reject to undertake the "amana". (means no way we are going to take this amana, God).
The word amana also needs to be understood in what sense is mentioned in the verse. What was this amana? Some refer to it as being Khalifa of God on earth, some meant Trust etc.

I believe that when mankind undertook the amana, that many things were set in motion. It is no back and white that we should see angels coming down from sky, we see that those who believe in God and follow, will be given the priority so it shall be so clear that whosoever prays and do all those things which God ask in any religion will have a perfect life and will stand out among other nations.

I believe the reverse is more likely to happen which is why we have all the doubts in our minds about Muslims of today's time being at the bottom and we ask to ourselves all the questions as to why? why the west?

I was talking to some of the arab friends and during the conversation i used the words we (for muslims) were at the height of all things during the spanish rule and I mentioned about the muslims whose inventions are known in science. One of my arab friend told me who ask you to use the word "we" pointing to the fact that am a non arab and my ancestors have nothing to do with those achievements. Moreover he clarified that it was not all arabs who reached to such height, because there were arabs living in what now is central saudi arabia and this area remained backwards even then.
The point being, we should not relate the advancements in science or any other fields(charity acts etc) to a religion. It is a matter between mankind as a whole and what God has given it (tools-mind, good and bad conscious, physical laws) to use and create.

In the end I would say , do not try to find answers to your doubts in the eyes of of religion (muslims vs others). Think out of the box please, believe in humanity and listen to your good consciousness as you do not need a religion to know what is good or not, or how to succeed in science and create inventions or how to do charitable acts etc. Religion to me is something else. This is another topic, however to make a point, religion is islam starts by asking the reader to believe in Ghaib (unseen), to believe in angels (I never saw one), to believe in all of the prophets (never encountered one in my life), believe in all of the books (not revealed in my time) and others.
verse (2:285)
"The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, and [so have] the believers. All of them have believed in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers, [saying], "We make no distinction between any of His messengers." And they say, "We hear and we obey. [We seek] Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the [final] destination."

Therefore In my view the author of the original question should not mix two different things.

Cheers
Best Regards,