News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Natural Birth vs Hospital Birth.

Started by Mario, June 23, 2013, 04:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themaninblack

I would choose natural birth if I had a choice. As a sufferer of cerebral palsy, I am somewhat skeptical of doctors but one should never shun modern medicine just as one should not shun traditional medicine, in the end it is all medicine and all medicine is from Allah and He knows what is best. So, my question is this: Who are we to say that this method is better or that method is better when it comes from Allah?

I will say that I believe my disability could been avoided, if the doctor that was to oversee my birth wasn't an hour late from playing golf. I was born normal but a few hours later, I suffered brain damage and had to be in a ICU, for fifty-five days between life and death. Only after that, was I well enough to go home with my parents. I am thankful to Allah that I live, I do see quite a few anti-modern medicine posts on this thread and I am quite disappointed with the ignorance. As I said before, all medicine comes from Allah. Each method has it's strengths and weakness. I favor a balance between two, I believe that would be most effective. Everything in moderation as I see it.

Salam to all.  :sun:
Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.~Khalil Gibran.

JavaLatte

Quote from: Themaninblack on April 23, 2014, 04:06:09 AM
I am thankful to Allah that I live, I do see quite a few anti-modern medicine posts on this thread and I am quite disappointed with the ignorance.

If there are warning to us about the dangers of modern medicine, I suppose it doesn't always show ignorance.

I think we also need to listen to them, perhaps they do have good intentions for us (and Allah knows what are in their hearts).

Unfortunately, the discussion may sometimes seem tense if there are any member throw less appropriate words that may offend others.

I hope brothers and sisters can respect each other and can forgive each other.

Peace.
[33:72] Verily, We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to bear it and they were afraid of it; but man bear it - verily, he was transgressing, ignorant.

drfazl

all medicine is from Allah and He knows what is best. So, my question is this: Who are we to say that this method is better or that method is better when it comes from Allah?

6:42  And certainly We sent to nations before you then We seized them with afflictions and diseases in order that they might humble themselves. And 6:17 says: And if Allah touch you with affliction, there is none to take it off but He; and if He visit you with good, then He has power over all things.

What do you gather from the above ayats? The diseases and adversities come upon us because of our pride and arrogance before Allah. Unless we fear and humble ourselves before Him, there is no remover of them both. Do you think the medical systems all over the world could remove the affliction that Allah touched us with? And are  all the medical systems from Allah? Please provide your Ayats as proof to your stand. If the proof from ayat is not available in Quran, then every system of medicine we resort to amounts to association; and our afflictions shall worsen right under our nose, until we die in ICU,which fails us in the end.

No way, shun all the systems of medicine and fear Allah; do not fear the doctors invented diseases; unless Allah allows no disease shall touch you. Even before the afflictions befall you, they are faraway removed from you. And if we do associate these medicines as remover of diseases, then we are proud and arrogant before Allah. Fear Him alone! And stay free from poverty and diseases.

Quran reading is useless unless we decisively stick to righteousness in our lives, at least to an extent possible. Based on such status Allah Guides, in such a way  [url="http://foolproofcure.net/index.aspx"]http://foolproofcure.net/index.aspx[/url]   that we do not transgress after receiving His Mercy.

drfazl

Themaninblack
Salam, Here is the solution to you.

If you are a believer that Allah has power over all things, then believe so. Before that you understand your impure and lowly position in the eyes of Allah in that you doubted His Able over all things; this is because you valued the medical knowledge above God's Power over all things; and thus you associated and held high above the wretched medical knowledge above Allah's Wisdom. Seek Forgiveness and seek Patience from Him while you ask of Him to increase you in your Iman in the Power of Allah. By Allah, the Most Able, sister you shall improve. Follow my articles in the General Issues -> If Only Allah, then Allah Alone is Our Watch Word.

Allah has already sent down upon your RUH, the soul, "Get Well". Call on Him with His Name, thus: O Allah, the God of the Arsh, O The Most Able, You are the Most Forgiving, Most Merciful and the Most Near. Now with this in mind, believe in what your heart holds as "Get Well" with regard to your inability, as God send Mercy. The Most Able is by you. Never from this moment keep in your heart the diagnosis of the arrogant modern medicine system. Keep and revere only The Call Upon Him.

http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9604771.msg349500#msg349500

Quran reading is useless unless we decisively stick to righteousness in our lives, at least to an extent possible. Based on such status Allah Guides, in such a way  [url="http://foolproofcure.net/index.aspx"]http://foolproofcure.net/index.aspx[/url]   that we do not transgress after receiving His Mercy.

Rachel84

If by natural birth you mean 'home birth' then I agree.

Pregnancy is not a disease and labour does not consitute a medical emergency, there is no need to be in hospital. Really it is the worst place as hospitals are noisy and stressful with little to no privacy which I think you need for such an intimate thing as childbirth.

My mother is a midwife in a rural area, most of the births she attends to are at home with the woman in bed although some are having them on the sofa, in a paddling pool or even in the bath! and sometimes by the time she gets there the baby is already born. She has had no any injuries or deaths. And this is in 'modern' Britain, not some third-world country.

:sun:

JavaLatte

Quote from: Rachel84 on June 04, 2014, 08:56:13 AM
My mother is a midwife in a rural area, most of the births she attends to are at home with the woman in bed although some are having them on the sofa, in a paddling pool or even in the bath! and sometimes by the time she gets there the baby is already born. She has had no any injuries or deaths. And this is in 'modern' Britain, not some third-world country.

Wow! How lovely!  ;D

Peace.
[33:72] Verily, We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to bear it and they were afraid of it; but man bear it - verily, he was transgressing, ignorant.

Yamibato

I would choose natural birth if I had a choice. As a sufferer of cerebral palsy, I am somewhat skeptical of doctors but one should never shun modern medicine just as one should not shun traditional medicine, in the end it is all medicine and all medicine is from Allah and He knows what is best. So, my question is this: Who are we to say that this method is better or that method is better when it comes from Allah?

I will say that I believe my disability could been avoided, if the doctor that was to oversee my birth wasn't an hour late from playing golf. I was born normal but a few hours later, I suffered brain damage and had to be in a ICU, for fifty-five days between life and death. Only after that, was I well enough to go home with my parents. I am thankful to Allah that I live, I do see quite a few anti-modern medicine posts on this thread and I am quite disappointed with the ignorance. As I said before, all medicine comes from Allah. Each method has it's strengths and weakness. I favor a balance between two, I believe that would be most effective. Everything in moderation as I see it.

Yeah, tell that to some people here.. they will go nuts.

True, and thank God for your safety..

There is indeed lots of ignorant people here... and even more ignorant are those who defend them without any knowledge, (I personally belief there is a co-interest, just a belief).

These people are like bots.. they are either trained to be stupid, or simply paid to do so.

However, the light of a scientists will not extinguish with the blow of an ignorant.

These people have existed and will continue to exist.. the more they do, there will be more victims.
Medicine will stay forever, and will keep developing... and these peopel will keep digging more graves.

Im glad I work in the Medical field and do not buy the crap these people post here.
Glad you have passed through something real your self. So  I don't think they can blind you.

Peace,
Yami.

huruf

I agree with this. Things do not have to be black or white. Each things has its advantages and disadvantages and it depends a lot on how they are done. My mother died recently and before that she had been to hospital from time to time and one thing that is bad about hospitals is the hustle and the lack of human nearness, when it is so. But with my mother I have seen that it does not have to be so. From the doctors to the cleaners I was so pleasantly surprised by their kindness, affability, efficiency, utmost care and attention to the patients and their visitors... May prayers for all those people who do very hard jobs and keep such a human attitude. And also it was very calm too in there.

So really, a hospital environment dos not have to be hostile or cold, I have seen it, that in fact it can be warm, caring and affectionate. And I must state too that it was not a private hospital, but a public one. May God bless them all who do those jobs which are so full of mercy.

Salaam

Jane

Quote from: huruf on June 05, 2014, 03:35:37 AM

So really, a hospital environment dos not have to be hostile or cold, I have seen it, that in fact it can be warm, caring and affectionate. And I must state too that it was not a private hospital, but a public one.

Firstly: my condolences for your loss.

I agree, not all hospitals are bad, the efficiency of some of them is quite impressive, and particularly in the smaller ones the staff have more of the human touch, yep.

But at the end of the day they're still strangers aren't they. If I was exiting or bringing a new person into the world, I think I would still want to be at home. As long as you listen to what God is telling you for your own good then I think you'll be alright.

This thread is about birth, I have seen some videos on youtube/internet blogs of homebirths where it appears the woman is alone and does not seem to be thinking straight. For instance, one on youtube where a woman is filming herself giving birth in the bath and she appears to be alone. When the baby comes out and into the water and she picks it up, instead of holding it forwards to let the water come out of its nose, she instead is holding it back and kind of playing with it and you can hear it making choking sounds  >:(  as it's trying to breathe.

For people like this, who aren't paying attention to what they're doing, I think they may be better of in hospital IMO; as some irresponsible people have tried homebirth and the baby has died and rather than realising they just did it wrong they have blamed the whole concept of it and even set up websites saying homebirth is always dangerous, must never be allowed etc  :brickwall: just 'cause they themselves were careless.
PEACE

huruf

I think people, we all, tend to want or expect the magical solution for everything which does not have any disadvantage and has all the advantages.  But that does not exist. We have to choose with which imperfections we are best fitted and with what conveniences we get more reward. And I am sure variety of choices is always good, because people are not machine pieces, each one has her or his own life and circumstances. The important things is choice and balance and maintaining standards of whatever choices there may be. There is always ways to do anything wrong and way to do it right, so we should try to do whatever you choose the best way.

It is the same as with the systems of governmente. Most of the problems are with the people and they way they manage them, more than with the systems themselves.

Salaam