News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Circumcision: The Way of Prophet Abraham

Started by Israfeel, June 13, 2013, 08:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Israfeel

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem

Recently I heard comments from one "Yousef Abdellah", a Sunnah-rejector who said that circumcision is against the Pure Quran. It came to my attention that Sunnah-rejectors do not practice male circumcision and therefore they are going against the way of the Prophets beginning with our Father Prophet Ebrahim peace be upon him.

Circumcision is the practice of Believers which sets them apart from pagans. As you know apart from Muslims virtually no other religion practices circumcision. And now medically it is proven to be essential for cleanliness and preventing diseases like cancer.

As a Muslim who follows the Sunnah and Hadith, I believe that circumcision is a commandment of Allah Tabarrak wa Taala. As you know in the Pure Quran it says that the Prophet peace be upon him "allows them what is pure and forbids upon them that which is unclean" (Surah 7:158) Therefore it is mentioned in the Hadith that the Prophet peace be upon him ordered the Aqiqah for the boy on the seventh day and the removal of the harmful thing (foreskin).

Since the foreskin is declared by the Prophet peace be upon him as a harmful and impure thing which must be removed on the seventh day after the birth of a boy at the time of his Aqiqah. This is in accordance with the Pure Quran which is saying that the Prophet peace be upon him is the one who forbids the Believers what is unclean.

My question to the Sunnah rejectors and other people who do not practice circumcision is why do you go against the practice of the great Prophets like Ebrahim and Mohammad peace be upon them?
My Website:
www.salvation-from-hell.com

Maha

Israfeel.

Your arguments are flawed since:

Jews also practice circumcision and they do it also today.

Jews believe that the children of Israel were ordered this practice in order to set them apart from pagans. However, children of Israel don't exist anymore.

But you should really be aware, that most people on this site believes in the Quran and since Quran has not ordered circumcision then it is not compulsory. Some would even say that circumcision is abuse while others would say its a matter of choice.

You are welcome to post some evidence for circumcision to be essential for cleanliness instead of just making a claim. I live in a Western Country and I never saw someone dying of cancer or being unclean because they don't practice circumcision. So come with your proof and then we can talk about it.

Peace
''No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is''

Israfeel

Quote from: Maha on June 13, 2013, 11:46:01 AM
Israfeel.

Your arguments are flawed since:

Jews also practice circumcision and they do it also today.

Jews believe that the children of Israel were ordered this practice in order to set them apart from pagans. However, children of Israel don't exist anymore.

But you should really be aware, that most people on this site believes in the Quran and since Quran has not ordered circumcision then it is not compulsory. Some would even say that circumcision is abuse while others would say its a matter of choice.

You are welcome to post some evidence for circumcision to be essential for cleanliness instead of just making a claim. I live in a Western Country and I never saw someone dying of cancer or being unclean because they don't practice circumcision. So come with your proof and then we can talk about it.

Peace

Let me answer point by point.

Circumcision is from the Covenant of Abraham, has nothing to do with Jews. In fact all three religions (Islam, Christianity, and Judaism) recognize that Prophet Abraham peace be upon him is the first to institute the practice of circumcision, and this practice is what distinguishes his followers from all the other pagan religions, atheists, and of course, Sunnah rejectors.

See what I wrote before how the Pure Quran mandates circumcision. As far as circumcision being healthy or necessary for hygiene, ask any medical expert and he will tell you.

My Website:

Man of Faith

Peace,

Circumcision is just a fake rule. It originates from the passages of the Old Testament. Being circumcised means minimal benefits and a lot of disadvantages. The only benefit I think of is that it may be easier to clean yourself after a toilet visit, but otherwise you have cut off a part of the bodily defense. Yes, the foreskin is there for a reason, God created it that way or else He would not have placed it there in the first place if it was to be surgically removed. The pleasure while in intercourse is also adversely affected.

Removing the foreskin is a very painful process even while sedated and I can guess what an experience it would have been for the alleged removal of Ibrahim's foreskin in adult age according to the Old Testament. Probably this procedure is rather a lie since I doubt God would order everyone to surgically remove their foreskin. Maybe it is an error in the translation.

Circumcision is not mentioned even once in Quran. And was it that important the Quran would have mentioned it or at least hinted at it.

Go against the practices of Ibrahim or Muhammad? The only scriptural evidence is from the Bible. Is that a reliable source when it comes to such drastical procedures?

And please do not mention hadith, because that is just not a viable source of information.

It seems against all logic to surgically remove something.

God bless you
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Israfeel

Quote from: Man of Faith on June 13, 2013, 02:33:23 PM
Peace,

Circumcision is just a fake rule. It originates from the passages of the Old Testament. Being circumcised means minimal benefits and a lot of disadvantages. The only benefit I think of is that it may be easier to clean yourself after a toilet visit, but otherwise you have cut off a part of the bodily defense. Yes, the foreskin is there for a reason, God created it that way or else He would not have placed it there in the first place if it was to be surgically removed. The pleasure while in intercourse is also adversely affected.

Removing the foreskin is a very painful process even while sedated and I can guess what an experience it would have been for the alleged removal of Ibrahim's foreskin in adult age according to the Old Testament. Probably this procedure is rather a lie since I doubt God would order everyone to surgically remove their foreskin. Maybe it is an error in the translation.

Circumcision is not mentioned even once in Quran. And was it that important the Quran would have mentioned it or at least hinted at it.

Go against the practices of Ibrahim or Muhammad? The only scriptural evidence is from the Bible. Is that a reliable source when it comes to such drastical procedures?

And please do not mention hadith, because that is just not a viable source of information.

It seems against all logic to surgically remove something.

God bless you

For me the Hadith is just as viable a source of information as the Holy Quran. But since you reject the Hadith and you want to know if the Quran mentions circumcision or even hints at it. The answer is yes indeed circumcision is proven from the Quran. Many times the Quran says to follow the religion and ways of Prophet Abraham. In one place it says:

قَدْ كَانَتْ لَكُمْ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ فِي إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَالَّذِينَ مَعَهُ

You have a good example to follow in Abraham and those who are with him (Surah 60:5)

Now the question is that is it proven historically that circumcision is from the covenant of Abraham. Both the Torah and also the Hadith proves historically that Prophet Abraham was circumcised on commandment of Allah Azza wa Gall at the age of 80 years. True this is not directly mentioned in Quran, but neither it is denied.

And everyone from the Christians Jews and Muslims accept this historical fact, except for Hadith rejectors. This proves that Hadith rejectors have turned away from the Way of Abraham.
My Website:

Israfeel

Also, I would like to quote this Ayah:

إِنَّ اللّهَ يُحِبُّ التَّوَّابِينَ وَيُحِبُّ الْمُتَطَهِّرِينَ

Verily Allah loves the Repentant and loves the purified (Surah 2:223)

'Mutatahhireen' is not only those who are spiritually pure, but also physically pure. From the physical purity of a man is that he is circumcised, as the Prophet Sallallaahu alayhi wasallam said that from the characteristics of purity is to circumcise, to trim the nails, to remove the pubic hair, to remove the armpit hair, to trim the mustache. Now just because these things are not directly mentioned in the Holy Quran does not mean that a person won't be sinful if he doesn't do them. These items are essential for outward as well as inward purity, because Allah loves the purified, meaning He hates the unclean.

Sunnah rejectors are showing that their religion does not at all value outward purity, only inward purity. But we know from the Holy Quran that inner purity and outward purity are strongly related, and you can't have one without the other.
My Website:

Azz

@Israfeel: You meant 60:4 and 2:222, I assume

Why would you cut out the rest of 60:4 like that?
"There has already been for you an excellent pattern in Abraham and those with him, when they said to their people, "Indeed, we are disassociated from you and from whatever you worship other than Allah . We have denied you, and there has appeared between us and you animosity and hatred forever until you believe in Allah alone" except for the saying of Abraham to his father, "I will surely ask forgiveness for you, but I have not [power to do] for you anything against Allah . Our Lord, upon You we have relied, and to You we have returned, and to You is the destination." [60:4] (Sahih International)

It's all one line, if you ignore everything but the very first part then of course you can open it up to anything Abraham (pbuh) allegedly did. But it defines what it means when it talks about following his example, doesn't it?

You did the same thing with 2:222, this time only quoting the end of the line:
"And they ask you about menstruation. Say, "It is harm, so keep away from wives during menstruation. And do not approach them until they are pure. And when they have purified themselves, then come to them from where Allah has ordained for you. Indeed, Allah loves those who are constantly repentant and loves those who purify themselves." [2:222] (Sahih International)

The surrounding verses are relevent here but long story short, it's talking very specifically about women during the menstruation period...right?

Israfeel

Quote from: Azz on June 13, 2013, 04:37:38 PM
@Israfeel: You meant 60:4 and 2:222, I assume

Why would you cut out the rest of 60:4 like that?
"There has already been for you an excellent pattern in Abraham and those with him, when they said to their people, "Indeed, we are disassociated from you and from whatever you worship other than Allah . We have denied you, and there has appeared between us and you animosity and hatred forever until you believe in Allah alone" except for the saying of Abraham to his father, "I will surely ask forgiveness for you, but I have not [power to do] for you anything against Allah . Our Lord, upon You we have relied, and to You we have returned, and to You is the destination." [60:4] (Sahih International)

It's all one line, if you ignore everything but the very first part then of course you can open it up to anything Abraham (pbuh) allegedly did. But it defines what it means when it talks about following his example, doesn't it?

You did the same thing with 2:222, this time only quoting the end of the line:
"And they ask you about menstruation. Say, "It is harm, so keep away from wives during menstruation. And do not approach them until they are pure. And when they have purified themselves, then come to them from where Allah has ordained for you. Indeed, Allah loves those who are constantly repentant and loves those who purify themselves." [2:222] (Sahih International)

The surrounding verses are relevent here but long story short, it's talking very specifically about women during the menstruation period...right?

Both of these verses state general principles, "Abraham is a beautiful example to follow", and "Allah loves those who are purified". To say that these statements are only restricted to the examples mentioned in those verses is an incorrect understanding.
My Website:

Israfeel

I also find it interesting that in the Pure Quran menstruation is referred to as 'Adha' أذى a harmful thing requiring purification, because in the Hadith our beloved Prophet Sallallaahu alayhi wasallam has referred to the foreskin as الأذى and must be removed because it is impure, just like menstruation is impure
My Website:

huruf

Nowhere does the Qur'an say that Ibrahim had to circumcise or was circumcised.

Salaam