Author Topic: :: Kaana = was, is, became? ::  (Read 2919 times)

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
:: Kaana = was, is, became? ::
« on: July 23, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
Salaam,

Kaana is used in AlQuraan frequently. It is wrongly translated and twisted its meaning to fit their personal understanding. Kaana is always translated as was. Like for example 18:50

18:50 وَ اِذۡ قُلۡنَا لِلۡمَلٰٓئِکَۃِ اسۡجُدُوۡا لِاٰدَمَ فَسَجَدُوۡۤا اِلَّاۤ اِبۡلِیۡسَ ؕ کَانَ مِنَ الۡجِنِّ فَفَسَقَ عَنۡ اَمۡرِ رَبِّہٖ ؕ اَفَتَتَّخِذُوۡنَہٗ وَ ذُرِّیَّتَہٗۤ اَوۡلِیَآءَ مِنۡ دُوۡنِیۡ وَ ہُمۡ لَکُمۡ عَدُوٌّ ؕ بِئۡسَ لِلظّٰلِمِیۡنَ بَدَلًا
18:50 And when We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam," and they prostrated, except for Iblees. He became jinn and departed from the command of his Lord. Then will you take him and his descendants as allies other than Me while they are enemies to you? Wretched it is for the wrongdoers as an exchange.

You can check how translators translated this word in 18:50 here.

If Iblees was of Jinn then why he got punish when order was given only to malaaika [angels]?

2:97 قُلۡ مَنۡ کَانَ عَدُوًّا لِّجِبۡرِیۡلَ فَاِنَّہٗ نَزَّلَہٗ عَلٰی قَلۡبِکَ بِاِذۡنِ اللّٰہِ مُصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَیۡنَ یَدَیۡہِ وَ ہُدًی وَّ بُشۡرٰی لِلۡمُؤۡمِنِیۡنَ
2:97 Say, "Whoever became an enemy to Jibreel - it is he who has brought that down upon your heart, by permission of Allah, confirming that which was before it and as guidance and good tidings for the believers."

2:184 اَیَّامًا مَّعۡدُوۡدٰتٍ ؕ فَمَنۡ کَانَ مِنۡکُمۡ مَّرِیۡضًا اَوۡ عَلٰی سَفَرٍ فَعِدَّۃٌ مِّنۡ اَیَّامٍ اُخَرَ ؕ وَ عَلَی الَّذِیۡنَ یُطِیۡقُوۡنَہٗ فِدۡیَۃٌ طَعَامُ مِسۡکِیۡنٍ ؕ فَمَنۡ تَطَوَّعَ خَیۡرًا فَہُوَ خَیۡرٌ لَّہٗ ؕ وَ اَنۡ تَصُوۡمُوۡا خَیۡرٌ لَّکُمۡ اِنۡ کُنۡتُمۡ تَعۡلَمُوۡنَ
2:184 a limited number of days. So whoever among you becomes ill or on a journey - then an equal number of days. And upon those who are able - a ransom of feeding a poor person. And whoever volunteers excess - it is better for him. But to fast is best for you, if you only knew.

33:40 مَا کَانَ مُحَمَّدٌ اَبَاۤ اَحَدٍ مِّنۡ رِّجَالِکُمۡ وَ لٰکِنۡ رَّسُوۡلَ اللّٰہِ وَ خَاتَمَ النَّبِیّٖنَ ؕ وَ کَانَ اللّٰہُ بِکُلِّ شَیۡءٍ عَلِیۡمًا
33:40 Muhammad did not become father of one of your men, but the Messenger of Allah and last of the prophets. And ever is Allah , of all things, Knowing.

4:1 یٰۤاَیُّہَا النَّاسُ اتَّقُوۡا رَبَّکُمُ الَّذِیۡ خَلَقَکُمۡ مِّنۡ نَّفۡسٍ وَّاحِدَۃٍ وَّ خَلَقَ مِنۡہَا زَوۡجَہَا وَ بَثَّ مِنۡہُمَا رِجَالًا کَثِیۡرًا وَّ نِسَآءً ۚ وَ اتَّقُوا اللّٰہَ الَّذِیۡ تَسَآءَلُوۡنَ بِہٖ وَ الۡاَرۡحَامَ ؕ اِنَّ اللّٰہَ کَانَ عَلَیۡکُمۡ رَقِیۡبًا
4:1 O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it its mate and dispersed from both of them many men and women. And fear Allah , through whom you ask one another, and the wombs. Indeed Allah became ever, over you, an Observer.

Now you can check again the same translators for same word kaana in different aayats mentioned above - here for Jibreel, here for you,  here for Muhammed, and here for Allah.

How they change the meaning of a single word as per their requirement? What is wrong with Iblees? Why for him was translated as "was"? There is not "is" or "was", kaana simply means became [not surely if this is proper word in English, but the meaning is very near to it].

So, Iblees was Malaika and he became Jinn because he did not follow order of his Lord.

You can see a very important usage of this word HERE in topic of Nabi.

May Allah increase us in knowledge and guide us to His true path  :pr
mmKhan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

loxbox13

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: :: Kaana = was, is, became? ::
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 09:32:46 PM »
Salam brother

KANA = Is,  it indicates the continuous present

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 01:53:09 AM »
peace mmkhan,

According to corpus, in 18:50, "kana" is "3rd person masculine singular perfect verb" meaning an action done/completed, so "was" is appropriate.
Unless there is something I am not aware of.

If Iblees was of Jinn then why he got punish when order was given only to malaaika [angels]?

It could be iblees was of malaika/controlling force and jinn/hidden, i.e. a hidden controlling force. Does it say anywhere in AQ that "malaika" and "jinn" are mutually exclusive terms?

Even if you use "became" that would imply iblees was malaika previously, i.e. malaika ---> jinn
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Noon waalqalami

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 02:56:47 AM »
According to corpus, in 18:50, "kana" is "3rd person masculine singular perfect verb" meaning an action done/completed, so "was" is appropriate.

Peace Wakas,

4:11 ... إن indeed الله The God كان kāna/is عليما Knowing حكيما Wise

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 03:03:07 AM »
Salam brother

Salaam brother,

No aayat?  :hmm surprising! Kaana is maazi [past tense] not continuous bro.

mmKhan
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 03:10:47 AM »
peace mmkhan,

Peace Wakas,

If so, it does not fit all instances of Kaana used in AlQuraan. Many references already given in my original post, please check.

It could be iblees was of malaika/controlling force and jinn/hidden, i.e. a hidden controlling force. Does it say anywhere in AQ that "malaika" and "jinn" are mutually exclusive terms?

Even if you use "became" that would imply iblees was malaika previously, i.e. malaika ---> jinn
If you notice bro, you cannot use "was" in all instances but you can use "became", malaika are kings derived from malak means king / who holds authority. Malaika are upgraded ones [holding higher positions] from Jinns. Allah created only Jinn and Naas to serve him.

May Allah guide us to His true path  :pr
mmKhan

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 03:12:37 AM »
Peace Wakas,

4:11 ... إن indeed الله The God كان kāna/is عليما Knowing حكيما Wise

Peace Noon,

You cannot us "IS" in all instances of "Kaana" in AlQuraan, please check the aayaats quoted and the links given to see different translations of the same word. Please check carefully.

mmKhan

Noon waalqalami

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 03:22:02 AM »
Kaana is maazi [past tense] not continuous bro.

mmKhan

Peace Noon,

You cannot us "IS" in all instances of "Kaana" in AlQuraan, please check the aayaats quoted and the links given to see different translations of the same word. Please check carefully.

mmKhan

Peace mmKhan,

I did -- it's not like English, need to use context.

One should never use "was" in 4:11 ... إن indeed الله The God كان kāna/is عليما Knowing حكيما Wise

Perhaps cross-check carefully apply depending on context...

كان kāna (masculine singular)
كانت kānat (feminine singular)

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 04:21:15 AM »
Peace mmKhan,

I did -- it's not like English, need to use context.

One should never use "was" in 4:11 ... إن indeed الله The God كان kāna/is عليما Knowing حكيما Wise

Perhaps cross-check carefully apply depending on context...

كان kāna (masculine singular)
كانت kānat (feminine singular)

Peace Noon,

I agree with you that it depends on context. Same goes for 4:11, as per context Allah became knowing judge. There is no word in AlQuraan having two or more meanings, inshaAllah. That is how it guides us to the CORRECT meaning.

mmKhan

loxbox13

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 06:25:28 AM »
Salam brother

read all ayahs, where the word KANA is ,
if KANA is past,  than allah was forgiving,  but he never told us if he is forgiving,  or in the futur he will stay forgivin
there is the word KANA that speaks about the future ,  what do you say about it ?
2:94
قل إن كانت لكم الدار الآخرة عند الله خالصة من دون الناس فتمنوا الموت إن كنتم صادقين

people are still applying the rules of arabic grammar and iirab, made up by the enemies of islam in beirut ,  mister wakas still takes the rules of the quran as a perfect as the quran itself
even the dictiannary of arabic language is called MAAJAM معجم  , meaning, if you use the rules of arabic language, you will read the quran in a corrupted way, a crooked quran,  understanding it backward,  just as those people who made up the rules want

KANA is continuous present,   I KNOW THAT IN ARABIC LANGUAGE , it is strictlly past,  if it is the case,  that ALLAH WAS, only ,  ALLAH HIMSELF BECOMES PAST ,  GONE

About IBLEES / JINN kana,  it simply means that IBLEES is from your genes , that makes your intelligence / Genius ,  Ibliss = Oblivious = forgetfullness,   it(s not  beign,  but a state of mind in the human beigns ,  just as chaitan = chicanery = cheating  etc..