Author Topic: Surah : 109 - Al-Kafirun  (Read 10908 times)

bkanwar2

• Advanced Truth Seeker
Surah : 109 - Al-Kafirun
« on: June 14, 2012, 05:26:09 PM »
Surah 109: 1             قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا الْكَافِرُونَ

Think and express, O you lethargic in unwise actions; ones who are hiding sufficient and fulfilling knowledge, due to denial of facts and ingratitude to all benevolence.

Surah 109: 2             لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ

Neither I am an object of worship, nor are you worshippers or servants.

Surah 109: 3             وَلَا أَنتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ

Since you were not to be worshippers or servants, why would I be an object of worship?

Surah 109: 4             وَلَا أَنَا عَابِدٌ مَّا عَبَدتُّمْ

Since I am not a worshiper, why do you all became worshiper?

Surah 109: 5             وَلَا أَنتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ

Since you were not to be worshippers or servants, why would I be an object of worship?

Surah 109: 6             لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِيَ دِينِ

For you all are your habits and customs, and for me are my habits and customs.

Be aware, knowledge is not static.  My knowledge of Classic Arabic is evolving too.  Hence my understanding of the message continues to evolve.  I think, learn, unlearn, relearn and then believe; not believe and claim to know it all.

bkanwar2

• Advanced Truth Seeker
Re: Surah : 109 - Al-Kafirun
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 09:15:02 AM »
Sorry didn't post it with brief linguistic break down/explanation (Purpose is not to be exhaustive in break down).  Some one asked me in a personal message.  Here it is for all.  The fundamental point to understand AlQuran is meaning of Allah = "one who is not a deity for worship".  Unless this meaning sinks in, one would not be able understand the true meanings of Quran.  Currently Quran is translated to support human created religion Islam.  This religion revolves around concept of Allah as a deity for worship.  So one departs from Quran and hence Allah at a very basic and fundamental level.

Surah 109: 1 قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا الْكَافِرُونَ   

Think and express, O you lethargic in unwise actions whomever are hiding sufficient and fulfilling knowledge, due to denial of facts and ingratitude to all benevolence. 

قُلْ has been explained before in detail means ?think and express? 

يَا is an interjection, a sound to call upon someone, translated as ?O?. 

أَيُّهَا combination of conjunct pronoun أىَّ here translated as ?whomever?. هَا is a particle for calling attention of one who is asleep, inattentive. 

الْكَافِرُونَ is definite plural third person noun due to prefixed ?al? followed by root ك ف ر literal meanings ?he veiled or concealed a thing?. One has to read the lexicon's explanation of root to understand the meaning rendered here ?hiding sufficient and fulfilling knowledge, due to denial of facts and ingratitude to all benevolence.? 

Surah 109: 2 لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ 

Neither I am an object of worship, nor are you worshippers or servants. 

لا is a negative particle meaning ?not? 

أَعْبُدُ is first person imperfect verb from root ع ب د with "a dhuma" at second letter of root makes it to mean ?an object of worship?. 

مَا has several uses but due context here translated as negative ?nor? 

تَعْبُدُونَ second person imperfect ?you are worshipper or servants?. 

Surah 109: 3 وَلَا أَنتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ   

وَلَا waw conjunct particle translated as ?since?. لَا as ?not?. 

أَنتُمْ is second person pronoun 

عَابِدُونَ is a third person plural noun from root ع ب د at measure of فاعلون adding meaning of carrying out meanings in the root, which is ?he worshiped and became servant.? 

مَا here as interrogative pronoun as ?why? 

أَعْبُدُ explained above 

Surah 109: 4 وَلَا أَنَا عَابِدٌ مَّا عَبَدتُّمْ    

Since I am not a worshiper, why do you all became worshiper? 

وَلَا explained above 

أَنَا first person pronoun translated as ?I?. 

عَابِدٌ singular of عَابِدُونَ explained above. 

مَا interrogative noun as ?why? 

Surah 109: 5 وَلَا أَنتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ  

Repeat of verse 3 for emphasis, explained above. 

Surah 109: 6 لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِيَ دِينِ  

For you all are your habits and customs, and for me are my habits and customs. 

لَكُم ,in it ْ كمْ is a second person pronoun meaning ?you? and prefixed preposition لِ meaning ?for? 

دِينُكُمْ a noun from root د ي ن meaning "customs and habits" with attached second person pronoun as above. 

وَلِيَ waw as conjunct meaning ?and? followed by preposition لِ meaning ?for? ى first person pronoun as ?me?. 

دِينِ explained above. 
Be aware, knowledge is not static.  My knowledge of Classic Arabic is evolving too.  Hence my understanding of the message continues to evolve.  I think, learn, unlearn, relearn and then believe; not believe and claim to know it all.

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 09:33:44 AM »

I think it is you who misguided loxbox, the poor guy. Are you the one who was studying with him? Or are you the student of brother AlMazhar?  :hmm  :&

May Allah protect us and guide us to His true path  :pr
mmKhan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

Kaiokenred

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 09:45:12 AM »
I think it is you who misguided loxbox, the poor guy. Are you the one who was studying with him? Or are you the student of brother AlMazhar?  :hmm  :&

mmKhan

Instead of criticizing him without any decent reason why don't you try to disprove his translations because I read many of his posts and didn't see anyone succeeding
?Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.? - Buddha

lordfox

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 01:03:56 PM »

mmKhan

Does the mm in your username stand for madam khan ?
''from the purlieus of some inhabited city, we bring you, a fervent mindist''

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 02:35:12 PM »
Instead of criticizing him without any decent reason why don't you try to disprove his translations because I read many of his posts and didn't see anyone succeeding

Brother, as he said above in his post that he is depended on Lexicon [a man made book] and in most of his translation, one may believe and accept as is, but why you believe him? What is the proof that what he wrote is right? He should base his understanding of any word or letter based on its other usage in different aayaats.

For example, he wrote: وَلَا waw conjunct particle translated as ?since?. لَا as ?not?.

Can he proof "waw" means "since" in all instances in AlQuraan? I don't think so. And if he claims others to be based on thousand year old translations and following the same what others translated then how come he translated "laa" means "not"? Is he not following the same?

Writing anything is very easy but proving it to be correct is important which I see lacking in his posts.

Anyways, this is my personal understanding about his posts. Everyone is free to believe or disbelieve, agree or disagree, everyone has to answer for his own deeds.

Take care,
mmKhan

6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 02:35:38 PM »
Does the mm in your username stand for madam khan ?

:nope:

bkanwar2

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 03:09:07 PM »
Brother, as he said above in his post that he is depended on Lexicon [a man made book] and in most of his translation, one may believe and accept as is, but why you believe him? What is the proof that what he wrote is right? He should base his understanding of any word or letter based on its other usage in different aayaats.

For example, he wrote: وَلَا waw conjunct particle translated as ?since?. لَا as ?not?.

Can he proof "waw" means "since" in all instances in AlQuraan? I don't think so. And if he claims others to be based on thousand year old translations and following the same what others translated then how come he translated "laa" means "not"? Is he not following the same?

Writing anything is very easy but proving it to be correct is important which I see lacking in his posts.

Anyways, this is my personal understanding about his posts. Everyone is free to believe or disbelieve, agree or disagree, everyone has to answer for his own deeds.

Take care,
mmKhan

O my Rabb, learning of the language of your book is hard enough but still doable.  But telling your creation the truth is even harder.  It appears that I will have to teach them English as well. 

If you agree at least this much that "waw" is a conjunct.  Then please review below in link at the bottom.  Which English words are considered as "conjuncts", and see if you could identify "since" as one of these.  And no "waw" would not mean "since" in all instances of Quran, it will depend upon context, as to which context shall be used.

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/conjunctions.htm

Peace

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
Salaam,

I know my English is poor but you don't have to teach me cause I am not interested in learning it now. BTW, thanks for the link I may check it later.

See what you wrote: http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9603980.msg299876#msg299876

How is your translation different from others now except meaning of few words like "Qul", etc. everything else is copied from other sources. If you do the same thing then why criticize others?

And I am seeing you are more dependent on human written sources than me [Alhamdulillah].

May Allah increase us in knowledge and guide us to His true path  :pr
mmKhan

Kaiokenred

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 03:49:35 PM »

Take care,
mmKhan
I believe him because what he says actually makes sense. Lexicon is a man made book about the arabic used in Muhammad's time so who cares who made it? It's more like a dictionary
?Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.? - Buddha