Author Topic: "Salat" Arabic Root " Saad, laam, waw (yeh)"Since salaat is an important part of  (Read 1816 times)

fabrinoo

• Beginner/Inquirer
 :group:
All Brothers and Sisters
Peace!

1) As sala: the middle of the back: the place where an animal’s tail grows or the beginning of the slope of the hip: both sides of the tail are called salawaan: the plural is salawaat or aslaa:  sala: yaslu: salwa: means to strike the sala(as mentioned above): salautuhu:I struck him on the sala.

2) Sallal farasa tasliah is said when the number two horse in a race is running ver close to the number one horse: the horse in front is called saabiq: and the one in second position is called almusalli: thus salla means to follow behind almost touching the one in front: one of Hazrat Ali’s tale says: sabaqa rasulul laahi wa salla abu bakrin wa sallasa umaru wa khbatatna fitnah: the Prophet puh went first (i.e. died) followed closely by Hazrat Abu Baker: and thenHazrat Umar also passed away: leaving the devils making us lose our sense.

3) The Tajul Uroos says salia wus tala means attachment: i.e. to be attached or stuck to
dsomeone: that is why Raghib has said, that the Qur’an when it says: lum naku minal musalleen:74:43 we were not among the miusalleen ‘ it means we were not the followers of the prophets: Qurtabi writes therefore salaat would mean linked to the orders of God: to remain within the bounds or limits set by God and be attached to the Book of God: as such, tasliah would mean to follow the one in front almost in tandem but never to go past the one in the front but to follow it

These explanations make the meaning of salaat clear. However we need to have detailed deliberations from the free-mind community. Above connotations forced me to declare that  Mr Rashid Khalifa’s assertion “ Contact Prayer” is discrepant.

Ref: Lughat ul Quran..... G.A Pervaiz
Peace
ramakhtar.blogspot.com   
َالَّذِينَ إِذَا ذُكِّرُوا بِآيَاتِ رَبِّهِمْ لَمْ يَخِرُّوا عَلَيْهَا صُمًّا وَعُمْيَانًا

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
I always said on this forum that 'salaat' relates to 'binding' and/or 'commandment' and/or 'contract'.
Uphold the commandment!..
That's the common theme across all scriptures...

The Arabs (al-arabu) are the worst in rejection and hypocrisy, and more likely not to know the limits of what God has sent upon His messenger
9:97

And yes it's written as Al-Arabu and not Al-Badawi or Badawiyun..
*For those who had a hard time accepting this fact..

Kaiokenred

• Truth Seeker
Not sure if it's true but a much better meaning than "contact prayers"
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” - Buddha

1CELOSTNOWFOUND

• Apprentice
Peace,

If we look at all the صل roots in Quran, it gives us an idea of the common thread that runs through all of them. I have just started looking at these and I was wondering if anybody has done a similar study or knows of a similar study and could provide a link to such a study that may help in my research. In fact, there may even be a link to all roots in Quran that have ل as the middle letter of the tri-literal root. Any input on this would be appreciated.

Imraan

drsam

• Beginner/Inquirer
i thought the root for salah  was   sod lam lam because i dont think there is a word salat in quran it is always solla   yusalli musalli yusolla etc etc :jedi:
WHEN YOU FEEL YOU KNOW ENOUGH, JUST READ QURAN TO BREAK THAT NOTION
                        = DR. SOHIL MOMIN

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
Peace,

If we look at all the صل roots in Quran, it gives us an idea of the common thread that runs through all of them. I have just started looking at these and I was wondering if anybody has done a similar study or knows of a similar study and could provide a link to such a study that may help in my research. In fact, there may even be a link to all roots in Quran that have ل as the middle letter of the tri-literal root. Any input on this would be appreciated.

Imraan

Salaam Imraan,

See if this may help you http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9602945.0

May Allah increase us all in knowledge and guide us all to His true path  :pr
mmKhan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51    إن الله ربي وربكم فاعبدوه هذا صرط مستقيم
3:51    Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so serve Him,