News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

My PERSONAL conclusions about salaat (contact prayer)

Started by GODsubmitter, October 21, 2011, 05:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GODsubmitter

God has no Religion!

God is running everything.

Peace begins with me.

justamuslim

God tells us in Sura 29:45 the purpose of salat, which is to help us abstain from the obscene and detestable, and in Sura 2: 45, tells us to find strength in prayers.   Now, if you think you need to make salat 5 times, then fine.   If you think it is 3 times, fine.   When we get into these kinds of debates, aren't we missing the point which God has made clear in Sura 29:45 that remembrance of God is far greater still.   

If you are not a good person doing good deeds, what difference does it make if you do salat 5 times, 3 times, once a week....?   God doesn't say that those who do salat 5 times have nothing to fear nor regret and will be rewarded vs those who say salat only 3 times or not at all.   Per Sura 2: 62 "surely those who believe, and those wo are Jews, and the Nazarenes, and the Sabians, whoever believes in God and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear upon them, nor shall they grieve..."

Why are we so bent out of shape, focusing on numbers, rituals...... ?    :brickwall:   

GODsubmitter

God has no Religion!

God is running everything.

Peace begins with me.

Meteora

Quote from: Anonymous (Free Minds)Ignorance is of course the most prized possession of any cult.
Quote from: Anonymous (Submission)Quran alone is too much for those who had too many years of corrupted Islam.
Quote from: Edip Yuksel on December 23, 2007, 04:20:01 PM

Kaiokenred

Quote from: Meteora on December 11, 2011, 02:49:07 PM
This...is the worst piece of proof I've seen in my entire life.

Hilarious as always I see
?Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.? - Buddha

1CELOSTNOWFOUND

Peace All,

A few questions.

How does one observe the timings at the poles or close to them?

How does one face Mecca from most places on earth when it is, in fact a physical impossibility since the earth is not flat?

Imraan

Kaiokenred

?Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.? - Buddha

1CELOSTNOWFOUND

Thanks Kaiokenred.

This was aimed at those who accept these timings and  directions.

Imraan

Meteora

There is praying but praying is making "dua`" and not physically prostrating to a freaking object on Earth. Nowhere is it vaguely hinted that we're supposed to be doing this.
Quote from: Anonymous (Free Minds)Ignorance is of course the most prized possession of any cult.
Quote from: Anonymous (Submission)Quran alone is too much for those who had too many years of corrupted Islam.
Quote from: Edip Yuksel on December 23, 2007, 04:20:01 PM

Kaiokenred