Author Topic: :: Salloo = Salaat ??? ::  (Read 1696 times)

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
:: Salloo = Salaat ??? ::
« on: September 19, 2011, 02:38:11 AM »
Salaam all,

I was wondering how these people make roots of Arabic words. I found there is something wrong and tricky in it.

There are only two roots available for the word "Salaat" and its relating words.

.  Saad Laam Waw [SLW]
.  Saad Laam Yaa [SLY]

For the word "Salaata" [17:78] the root used is "Saad Laam Waw".
For the word "Salloo" [33:56] the root used is "Saad Laam Yaa", here is a problem. Is the follow not correct?

Salloo [33:56] = Saad Laam Laam [root]
Salli [9:84] = Saad Laam Laam [root]

Why the root is "Saad Laam Yaa" for "Salloo and Salli", why not "Saad Laam Laam" How about this additional "Laam", what happened to it?

For example:
Hajjoo = Haa Jeem Jeem [root]
Why not "Haa Jeem Yaa" as in "Salloo"?

Available roots:
Hajja [2:196] = Haa Jeem Jeem
Hajji [2:196] = Haa Jeem Jeem
Hajju [2:197] = Haa Jeem Jeem
Hijju [3:97] = Haa Jeem Jeem

Is root of these words not "Haa Jeem Jeem"? 

IF the root of those above words [or elaborated words] is "Haa Jeem Jeem" then why not, if you elaborate "Salloo" gives you the root "Saad Laam Laam"?

For more details please look at the following as per the so called Arabic grammar:

Baththa [42:29] = Ba Tha Tha
Baththi [12:86] = Ba Tha Tha

Barri [5:96] = Ba Ra Ra
Birri [2:44] = Ba Ra Ra
Birra [2:177] = Ba Ra Ra
Birru [2:189] = Ba Ra Ra

Tamma [7:142] =  Ta Meem Meem
(yu)Timma [2:233] = Ta Meem Meem
(a)Timmo [12:6] = Ta Meem Meem
Tamaama(n) [already elaborated] [6:154] = Ta Meem Meem

Janna [6:76] = Jeem Nun Nun
Jinna [6:100] = Jeem Nun Nun
Jinni [6:128] = Jeem Nun Nun
Jinnu [34:14] = Jeem Nun Nun
Junna(tan) [58:16] = Jeem Nun Nun

I have added above some of the roots just to give you a clue and there are many more to look at, if these are correct, then what is the problem with "Salloo"?

Why not "Salloo" = Saad Laam Laam?

Do you see the trick?

May Allah increase us all in knowledge and guide us all to His true path.
Mohammed M. Khan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51    إن الله ربي وربكم فاعبدوه هذا صرط مستقيم
3:51    Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so serve Him,

uq

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
Re: :: Salloo = Salaat ??? ::
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 06:35:36 AM »
Peace,

In accordance with the rules of Arabic morphology, the following changes take place to Form II of the root 9aad laam waaw:

1. The original form of 9allaa is 9allawa, however, the waaw is converted to alif because a terminal waaw with fat7ah is always converted to alif, thus we have 9allaa for 9allawa

2. The imperative of 9allawa is 9alliwuu, however, the waaw is converted to yaa because a kasrah which precedes a waaw with 9'ammah is always converted to yaa, thus we have 9alliyuu for 9alliwuu

3. The form 9alliyuu cannot exist because a kasrah cannot precede a yaa with 9'ammah, thus the yaa is elided its 9'ammah is annexed by the laam, thus we have 9alluu for 9alliyuu

The root of 9allaa is not 9aad yaa laam, nor is it 9aad laam laam, it is 9aad waaw laam.

Further, I would like to add that the verbal noun of 9allaa is, according to analogy, ta9liyah. However, the verb 9allaa can also have 9alaah as its verbal noun because it is an obligate object of the verb, in other words, when one does the verb 9allaa, one consequently and necessarily does 9alaah also, because they are one and the same thing.
uq

drsam

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 01:45:56 AM »

The root of 9allaa is not 9aad yaa laam, nor is it 9aad laam laam, it is 9aad waaw laam.

:giveup:  i didnt understood a thing but if saad waw laam than i cant find that root word
WHEN YOU FEEL YOU KNOW ENOUGH, JUST READ QURAN TO BREAK THAT NOTION
                        = DR. SOHIL MOMIN

captainneckbeard

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 08:17:05 AM »
:giveup:  i didnt understood a thing but if saad waw laam than i cant find that root word

Please forgive my ignorance of Arabic transliteration, but  what does it mean to put the 9 in 9allaa?

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 08:38:19 AM »
Please forgive my ignorance of Arabic transliteration, but  what does it mean to put the 9 in 9allaa?

Salaam Imraan,

That is referring to Arabic letter Saad 9allaa means Salla.

May Allah increase us all in knowledge and guide us all to His true path  :pr
mmKhan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51    إن الله ربي وربكم فاعبدوه هذا صرط مستقيم
3:51    Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so serve Him,

1CELOSTNOWFOUND

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 03:01:36 PM »
Peace mmkhan,

I have been looking at the same thing and I would tend to agree with you.

I have been taking a deeper look into the salat concept. I have a few questions or thoughts that I would appreciate some input on.

First, in 2:125, 75:31, 87:15, 96:10, 3:39, 33:43, 17:18, 84:12, 87:12, 88:492:15, 111:3, 19:70, 56:94, 4:30, 4:56, 74:26 it seems more appropriate to assign the root ص ل ى .

Second, 9:84, 33:56, 9:103, 108:2, 70:22, 74:43, 107:4, 4:10, 14:29, 38:56, 58:8, 82:15, 36:64, 52:16, 37:163, 38:59, 83:16, 69:31, 4:115, two places in 4:102 it seems more appropriate to assign the root ص ل ل .

Where the ص ل و root does fit, we find that most places the ending letter is the "taa marboota" (ة), but in 2:157, 2:238, 9:99 it is written with the "open taa" (ت). Why is this.

We also find that in 6:92, 6:162, 8:35, 17:110, 23:2, 24:41, 70:23, 70:34, 107:5, the word is written as صلات instead of صلوات or صلواة .

What are your thoughts on this?

Imraan

msdsadic

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »
Salaath means indulge in his/her work or business or to earn for their daily needs. This should be carried out with good thoughts / ethics [zakath].
Hence God is asking us not to sit ideal and to waste our time.he is telling the mankind to do our work and to earn for our daily needs.thus our Salaath is rewarded daily with our pay/ wages.
This is very simple. First free your mind from the traditional prayer and read the READING again and again.

uq

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 07:26:37 PM »
Salam all,

I apologise for my convoluted post above. I can get carried away sometimes.

The root of صَلَاةٌ is ص ل و , here are the reasons:

1. In Arabic, there is never a و at the end of a verb with a fat7a. Therefore, we never say صَلَّوَ , instead we say صَلَّا . This is because the Arabs found it easier to say 9allaa instead of 9allawa.

2. صَلَاةٌ is a noun in the singular form, it used to be صَلَوَةٌ , but the Arabs found it easier to say 9alaah instead of 9alawah. So when a noun with a 'hidden' و is made into a plural, the و is returned to its original place, so we end up with صَلَوَاتٌ

3. yu9alloo (يُصَلُّو) is a verb for a group of men. In Arabic, when a verb is used to refer to a group of men, we add a و at the end of the verb. Also,  يُصَلُّو (yu9alloo) used to be يُصَلِّوُو (yu9alliwoo) but it was changed because it was too hard to pronounce. This is a lot like saying "I'm gonna go" instead of "I'm going to go" because it's just easier to pronounce.

I am not surprised that there has been confusion about the root of صَلَاةٌ because it belongs to a class of verbs called الأَفْعَالُ المُعْتَلَّةُ (the weak verbs) - these particular verbs have some complicated morphological rules which govern their form depending on how they are used.

So, the root of صَلَاةٌ is ص ل و .

I hope that's easy to understand.

Peace

Usamah
uq