Critical Examination of Islam > What is the nature of God?

Why cant we scientifically prove god?

(1/29) > >>

Amm:
Or even better why doesnt he just show himself to us??  Im really struggling with my religion at the moment and it probably hasnt helped watching all those atheist youtube clips challenging my faith! 

But I really can not understand why god doesnt just prove himself to me like he did to the rest of the prophets?  Is it not unfair that the prophets got 1st hand evidence which I will not get and the prophets only believed in god once they did receive this special evidence (e.g. moses and muhammed who werent believers until they received the word of god)?

Paradox Uncreated:
Any meeting with God, is judgement day. Remember what happened to the mountain, when moses asked to see God? This is what would happen to you.

It is possible to accomplish knowledge of God though. But you would have to expect egodeath, which is the same as judgement day. And you would probably revise your whole understanding of the Quran, and realize it is about knowable transcendent phenomena.

Going from God in a book, to God as in Absolute Control Of Reality, is quite a change though.  ;D

But if you are passionate about truth, God, and ultimately noncompromise of self/hatred of satan, you might get there.

Isn`t that what prayer of guidance is about in the end anyway? To learn surrender, and come to know God..

Peace.

Wakas:
peace Amm,

If you give the answer to the test, then what is the point of the test?

Different people were given different things. For example, if a prophet was given revelation or knowledge of God, more so than others, they might have to endure hardship, poverty, fighting, struggle etc.

The best person according to The Quran is whoever is the most righteous/pious/God-conscious [49:13]. It should also be kept in mind that each person will be judged according to how they conducted themselves with what they have been given [6:165].

Amongst the ayatin/signs, we have been given The Quran.

You might find the following interesting:
http://www.quran434.com/Does-God-Exist.pdf

Someone:

--- Quote from: Amm on July 11, 2011, 06:39:12 PM ---Or even better why doesnt he just show himself to us??  Im really struggling with my religion at the moment and it probably hasnt helped watching all those atheist youtube clips challenging my faith! 

But I really can not understand why god doesnt just prove himself to me like he did to the rest of the prophets?  Is it not unfair that the prophets got 1st hand evidence which I will not get and the prophets only believed in god once they did receive this special evidence (e.g. moses and muhammed who werent believers until they received the word of god)?

--- End quote ---

Peace Amm,

To have YOUR proof that the god exists, you just have to ask him directly and wait to see. But these kind of proofs, once you get a feedback, are very personnal, and you will not be able to use it to prove the existance of the god to someone else.

Student of Allah:
Salam,

Scientifically we know that all the known principles and laws of science breakdown at a singularity as we approach it. So, our scientific methods would only work in a universe excluding the places of singularities. For example, if we go back in time, to the beginning of the universe by BIG BANG, we can use science to explain things, but as soon as we approach very close to the point where earth and heaven were joined together, the laws of science break down. From that, the lesson we learn is that one cannot expect to apply the known methods of testing to directly test a thing that lies outside the realm of science, that is, at a singularity or beyond it.

I dont know if that makes any sense, but thats the kind of idea I got from Physics. If all that sounds too complex, that means 2 things,
1. I failed to explain
2. I wrongly assumed that you might be familiar with the background of that particular field of physics.

By the way, I am a big fan of Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawking, Carl Sagan, Bill Maher ( i know he isnt a scientist :P )

May Allah increase us in knowledge

------------------------- Student of Allah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version