News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Verse 44:10 ad-Dukhan/the Smoke probably related to the gas chambers WW2

Started by truthseeker171, March 27, 2011, 07:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

truthseeker171

Salaam readers of the Koran

Verse 44:10 - ad-Dukhan/the Smoke is probably related to the gas chambers used in the Second World War.
The Koran may have predicted the killing of a large part of the Jewish people in the gas chambers.

Verse 44:10-11
Therefore, watch for the day when the sky will bring a visible smoke/gas. It will envelop the people. This is a painful retribution. -

There are several opinions about the nature of this retribution. Some of them are: the use of chemical weapons, a nuclear war, air polution, an outburst of a volcano.
These explanations seem not to take into account verse 44:17.

Verse 44:17
We had tested before them the people of Pharaoh, and an honorable messenger (Moses) came to them. -

This verse indicates that the retribution of the -smoke/gas- is directed towards a special people ? the people that were according to the Koran the successors of the people of Pharaoh.
The Koran mentions in verse 7:129 the Jewish people as the successors of the people of Pharaoh.

Verse 7:129
He (Moses) said: perhaps your Lord will destroy your enemy, and make you successors on earth, so He sees how you behave. -

As can be read in the Koran, the enemy of the Jewish people were the people of Pharaoh, they were destroyed and the Jewish people can be seen as their successors.
As according to verse 7:69 the people of Aad were the successors of the people of Noah.
In the Koran not another people than the Jewish are mentioned as the successors of the people of Pharaoh.

Verse 7:167
Furthermore, your Lord declared that He will rise against them (against the people of Moses ? verse 7:159) people who would inflict severe persecution on them, until the day of Resurrection. Your Lord is quick to punish, and He is Forgiving, Compassionate. -

This verse states that the Jewish people will suffer from one or several forms of persecution until the Day of Resurrection.
The retribution of the -smoke- seems to be the one or one of them.

A counter argument to this explanation of -the smoke- could be that the wording: -the sky will bring smoke/gas- is something else than a gas chamber being filled with smoke/gas.
But the air that one breathes, outside or inside a building can be related to the word -sama-.
Verse 42:29 states that living creatures are spread in the heavens and the earth.
The first heaven could relate to the air that is around the earth ? in which for instance birds can fly. See also verse 16:79.
This air is not only outside in the sky, but in the possible context of verse 44:10 it could be related to the air inside a building containing the -smoke-.

Comments are welcome.

Truthseeker171

Disclaimer: the study of the Koran is work in progress, every information in any posting on this forum should be controlled by the believers themselves in the best way - verse 17:36.

Prince

I personally think its best letting the quran do the interpreting rather than using history to interpret the quran which you have done.

The verse in question talks about it will envelop THE PEOPLE which one can deduce to mean ALL PEOPLE on earth so this isn't an isolated event but a global event which I believe is yet to occur.

Remember God's words are very clear and precise so the clues are in the words that God uses.

PEACE
A book is only as good as it?s reader. Once opened symbols present themselves for the reader to decipher. We learn and relearn new conceptual models to comprehend these symbols. A book is only a tool.

truthseeker171

Quote from: Prince on April 10, 2011, 07:55:34 AM
I personally think its best letting the quran do the interpreting rather than using history to interpret the quran which you have done.

The verse in question talks about it will envelop THE PEOPLE which one can deduce to mean ALL PEOPLE on earth so this isn't an isolated event but a global event which I believe is yet to occur.

Remember God's words are very clear and precise so the clues are in the words that God uses.
PEACE

Salaam Prince

I advice you to read verses 44:17, 7:129 and 7:137.
Then you may see that the punishment mentioned in verse 44:10-11 is related to a special people - not the people in general.
The people that are mentioned as the successors of the people of Pharao.

God is the Knower.

Salaam,
Truthseeker

Prince

The God does not play with words and His words are precise brother. If He was implying in that verse that "the people" refers to Jewish people then Bani Israel would have been used by The God as He has used that word countless times in the Quran.

The verse in question refers to "The People" so there's a stronger probability it is referring to all the people on earth and not a special group of peope as you say.

PEACE
A book is only as good as it?s reader. Once opened symbols present themselves for the reader to decipher. We learn and relearn new conceptual models to comprehend these symbols. A book is only a tool.

tilleli

peace brothers, the quran are full of prophety 20:113, and 44:10 is one of them, in verse 44:9 they are in doubt playing; but they are warned befor with clear messenger for clear smoke 44:13, in my opinion it a earthly event and a great warning, not for small towne like the smog of london http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Smog_of_1952, wish killed about 4000 people in 4 days. if one of us lived this event perhaps we would have believed its Gods prophety.
God know best. 

truthseeker171

Quote from: Prince on April 10, 2011, 07:55:34 AM
PEACE

Salaam Prince

I agree with this sentence of yours - that is why I ask you to read verses 44:17, 7:129 and 7:137.
Then you may see that the punishment mentioned in verse 44:10-11 is related to a special people - not the people in general.
The people that are mentioned as the successors of the people of Pharao - the people of Moses  -qaumi Musa- (7:159).

Salaam,
Truthseeker