News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

-=[ Correction/Modification to FM Translation of AlQuraan ]=-

Started by mmkhan, March 03, 2011, 11:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csmith

Just a little typo:

[4:81] And they say: "Obedience" but when they come out from being with you a group of them prepares for other that what you have said, and God records what they planned. So turn away from them and put your trust in God. God is enough for your trust.

Should be for other than what you have said.

Layth

`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

csmith

No problem, Layth. When you have ten minutes, I'd be really grateful if you'd check out the project I put together on GitHub. Your blessing would be massively appreciated there. Thanks for all the work you've done round here Layth. I hope you are happy for me to build on it, and hope you will get involved in the project once I get things more established.

https://github.com/carlsmith/quran

Thanks again man.

A Submitter

Salam,

I think these might by minor errors.

50:33 Who is concerned towards the Almighty while unseen, and came with a repenting heart
(missing dot in the end)

65:11 A messenger who recites to you the revelations of God, which are clear, to lead those who believe and work righteousness out of the darkness into the light. Anyone who believes in God and does good works, He will admit him into estates with rivers flowing beneath them; abiding therein eternally. God has granted for him an excellent reward.
(Not sure if in bold is missing and between darkness and into. I don't know how it is in Arabic Quran, but other verses has and between them (2:257, 5:16, 14:1, 14:5, 57:9))

71:10 ?And I said: Seek forgiveness from your Lord, for He was forgiving.?
(Shouldn't it be is?)

72:23 It is but an announcement from God, and His messages. And whoever disobeys God and His messenger, then he will have the fire of Hell to dwell eternally therein.
(Is it messages or messengers?)

Salam

Layth

Salam A Submitter,

Thank you. I have made the corrections, except for your last point, which is written correctly in the Quran as "messages".
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

A Submitter

Salam,

2:37 Adam then received words from His Lord, so He forgave him; He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.

Small error-His with small h.

Salam

A Submitter

Salam,

2:12 No, they are the corruptors, but they do not perceive.

Maybe an error, the o. Checked word "corrupters", it occurs many times, corruptor only once.

Salam

Layth

A Submitter

Salam,

Just a letter error.

2:124 And Abraham was tested by commands from His Lord,...

capital H to small.

Salam

A Submitter

Salam,

a letter error

98:8 Their reward with their Lord are gardens of delight with
rivers flowing beneath them, abiding therein eternally. God is
satisfied with them, and they are satisfied with Him. That is for
whoever is concerned towards His Lord.

Capital H.

Salam