General Issues / Questions > General Issues / Questions

-=[ Correction/Modification to FM Translation of AlQuraan ]=-

<< < (2/9) > >>

mmkhan:
Salaam Wakas,

--- Quote from: Wakas on March 04, 2011, 02:37:30 AM ---peace mmkhan,

Ahh so corrections without discussion. Interesting idea.

To clarify your original post: moderators are not directly involved in the free-minds Quran translation, only Layth edits it afaik.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for saying "Interesting Idea" :)
And thanks for info about moderators

Mohammed M. Khan

mmkhan:
Salaaman brother Layth,

Please correct the aayat numbers in chapter 11 in English translation of AlQuraan.

11:24    The example of the two groups is like the blind and deaf, and the seer and hearer. Are they the same when compared? Do you not take heed?

11:25    And We had sent Noah to his people: I am to you a clear warner!11:26 That you serve none except God. I fear for you the retribution of a painful day.

11:26 has to be next aayat.

------------------------------------
And this is aayat 11:27 not 11:26
------------------------------------
11:26    The leaders who rejected from among his people said: We do not see you except as a human being like us, and we see that only the lowest among our people who have no opinion have followed you. And we do not see a thing that makes you better than us; in fact, we think you are liars.

From here it effects the aayat numbers till the end of sura.

Mohammed M. Khan

Layth:
Salam,

I have made both changes - 4:171 and 11:26.

the seeker:
This is a good topic. I will be back to read all posts here and put in my observations as well.

mmkhan:
Salaam Layth,

--- Quote from: Layth on March 25, 2011, 02:31:21 AM ---Salam,
I have made both changes - 4:171 and 11:26.

--- End quote ---

Thanks brother, and please take a look at the following and if you feel it changing, please do it.

41:30    إن الذين قالوا ربنا الله ثم استقموا تتنزل عليهم الملئكة ألا تخافوا ولا تحزنوا وأبشروا بالجنة التي كنتم توعدون
41:30    Those who have said: Our Lord is God, then they did right, the angels will come down upon them: You shall not fear, nor shall you grieve. Rejoice in the good news of the Paradise that you have been promised.

Instead of "then they did right", I feel it should be "then they remained" on what they said, i.e., "Our Lord is Allah".

May Allah guide us all to His path  :pr
Mohammed M. Khan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version