News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Do we live in the end days?

Started by Pel, February 26, 2011, 02:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pel

I have heard a lot of talking from the sunni muslims and Christians that we live in the end days! So I was wandering is that whats hapening at the moment acording to Quran?

I am hoping soemone has done the research and can give an explanation on the subject.

Thanks

loxbox13

Quote from: Pel on February 26, 2011, 02:37:44 AM
I have heard a lot of talking from the sunni muslims and Christians that we live in the end days! So I was wandering is that whats hapening at the moment acording to Quran?

I am hoping soemone has done the research and can give an explanation on the subject.

Thanks
this story of the end of days, is the main arm for religious people to keep people in line
it's been the end of days since thousands of years, and it will be always the end of days is near, for the next thousands of years.
there is no sign of the end of the world in the quran,  but the end of the universe,  humanity is still living in the begining of it's age,  a fe thousands or millions years to go.
the hour that god speaks about in the quran, is the personel death of people, the hour is when we die,  and time passes so fast, that god say it's like a blink of the eye.
throw these ideas from your mind and live your life, there is not end of the world.

Pel

Thanks Loxbox. I am not saying that you are not right, I am more looking for guidance if anything, but can you give me a verse please or two that says that thats when we die?

So I am asuming that you believe that as soon as we die we get judged by Allah and proced to Heaven or Hell. If thats your belief, then can you please back it up with a verse or two.

Peace and thanks

loxbox13

Quote from: Pel on February 26, 2011, 08:08:05 PM
Thanks Loxbox. I am not saying that you are not right, I am more looking for guidance if anything, but can you give me a verse please or two that says that thats when we die?

So I am asuming that you believe that as soon as we die we get judged by Allah and proced to Heaven or Hell. If thats your belief, then can you please back it up with a verse or two.

Peace and thanks

We will resurect, while thinking we just took a nap, even though, hundreds of billions of years would have past.

قَالُوا يَا وَيْلَنَا مَنْ بَعَثَنَا مِنْ مَرْقَدِنَا ۜ ۗ هَٰذَا مَا وَعَدَ الرَّحْمَٰنُ وَصَدَقَ الْمُرْسَلُونَ
They will say: Woe to us! Who has resurrected us from our sleep ? This is what the Rahman had promised; and the messengers were truthful! 36:52

This man died for a 100 years,  yet he thaught it was only a nap

أَوْ كَالَّذِي مَرَّ عَلَىٰ قَرْيَةٍ وَهِيَ خَاوِيَةٌ عَلَىٰ عُرُوشِهَا قَالَ أَنَّىٰ يُحْيِي هَٰذِهِ اللَّهُ بَعْدَ مَوْتِهَا ۖ فَأَمَاتَهُ اللَّهُ مِائَةَ عَامٍ ثُمَّ بَعَثَهُ ۖ قَالَ كَمْ لَبِثْتَ ۖ قَالَ لَبِثْتُ يَوْمًا أَوْ بَعْضَ يَوْمٍ ۖ
Or the one who passed through a town which had become ruins. He said: How can God possibly revive this after it had died? So God put him to death for one hundred years, then He resurrected him. He said: How long have you stayed here? He said: I have stayed here a day or part of a day. He said: No, you have stayed here for one hundred years!  2:259

thses people slept 300 and 9  years, and yet they thaught it was only a nap. and this is a sign that in sleep , there is no perception of time.

وَكَذَٰلِكَ بَعَثْنَاهُمْ لِيَتَسَاءَلُوا بَيْنَهُمْ ۚ قَالَ قَائِلٌ مِنْهُمْ كَمْ لَبِثْتُمْ ۖ قَالُوا لَبِثْنَا يَوْمًا أَوْ بَعْضَ يَوْمٍ
And it was thus that We delivered them so they would ask themselves. A speaker from among them said: How long have you stayed? They said: We stayed a day or part of a day 18:19

Allah give us an explanation of what death is really like,   and he explains it as sleep, what is so special about sleeping?  no perception of time

اللَّهُ يَتَوَفَّى الْأَنْفُسَ حِينَ مَوْتِهَا وَالَّتِي لَمْ تَمُتْ فِي مَنَامِهَا ۖ فَيُمْسِكُ الَّتِي قَضَىٰ عَلَيْهَا الْمَوْتَ وَيُرْسِلُ الْأُخْرَىٰ إِلَىٰ أَجَلٍ مُسَمًّى ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِقَوْمٍ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ
God seizes the souls at the time of their death; and for those that have not died, during their sleep. He then keeps those that have been overtaken by death, and He sends the others back until a predetermined time. In that are signs for a people who will think. 39:42

The moment we die, a few seconds we resurrect, even though it's billiobs of years

وَلِلَّهِ غَيْبُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ ۚ وَمَا أَمْرُ السَّاعَةِ إِلَّا كَلَمْحِ الْبَصَرِ أَوْ هُوَ أَقْرَبُ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
And to God is the unseen of the heavens and the earth, and the matter of the Hour is like the blink of the eye or nearer 16:77

وَمَا أَمْرُنَا إِلَّا وَاحِدَةٌ كَلَمْحٍ بِالْبَصَرِ
And Our commands are done at as a blink of an eye.54:50

No time perception,  a Mercy from God

OPF

I agree with loxbox13.

A way to explain it is this; imagine you are a file on a hard drive, a document. Lets say you want to copy this document (death) to a flash drive. It's a simple cut and paste. That document was on your hard drive (this life) then it got pasted onto the flash drive (the next life). Here now, there tomorrow.

nsws1988

In my Sunni days, I remember reading a hadith where some lady, Fatima or someone, saw the dajjal or something then the prophet said that the day of judgement is near. So yeah I agree with loxbox13. It's a fear tactic that has been used for so long to keep people in line. That's not say that it isn't the end of times. I dunno.

shadowpuppet

You know, it's a great likelihood that, one day, the sun will will burn out and breathe its last.
That is what most stars do, like people. There are stars that appear to be immortal but ours is not one of them.

It's also a good possibility for a comet or a meteor, big enough to wipe out life on Earth, to come hurdling out of the sky.
It has happened before. The Earth has been covered by water several times, as well.

Now ...if this sort of thing is inevitable we, as common people, have no way of being sure when it will happen.
And, since religion has been directly intertwined with celestial bodies and their movements since the beginning (i.e. angels originally being stars in the Hebrew pantheon, etc.), wouldn't it be best to let it all play out as such?

Rather than some kind of horrible war?

Because it is a fear tactic.

And they're using it right now to manipulate people into supporting terrorist activities
that, essentially, have nothing to do with religion, but rather banks and loans... usury. Ports and strategic points on the map ....control of resources and trade.

As our night skies become filled, more and more, with the sickening glow of cheap flourescent light...
let us not forget that we are but a small part of the universe.

Salaam.

Magnus

There are two sides to this:
Firstly, God is in complete control and can destroy this universe at any time, before I have time to press the "Post" button even. God will also take all our lives at some point, which in many ways is the end of the world on a personal level.
Secondly, God has created a magnificent universe that behaves in an orderly and universal way that we can comprehend and model fairly accurately. Our sun is a small star, and thus slow-burning. It's about halfway through its main-sequence life with several billion years left to burn before it is predicted to swell to a size big enough to engulf the orbit of planet Earth. Earth itself is stable by the grace of God through the natural laws of the universe He has decreed, and through the design of the solar system itself, which seems fine-tuned for stability in the most sublime way.  There's no cosmological or geological reason why Earth shouldn't be able to continue hosting life for a long time yet. Our solar system and our planet seem to be about middle-age.

I guess it's human to assume that we are somehow privileged in our frame of reference, whether it's in space or time. It's human to think that our generation will be the last, that nothing will come after us, or that everything somehow peaks with us, and that God will end it all when it culminates.
Only God knows what will happen, and when.
It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

ayyub

The end will come whenever Allah decides. IMO the end of day's prophecies of the Dajjal and Isa (a.s.) are borrowed from Christian tradition and in both case are mythology. Of course over history people had questions about the end and stories were written (with good intentions in some cases) to satisfy peoples interest. We may be living in the end of days, but we may not. If it was important to know then Allah would have informed us.
"Do not read to contradict and refute, nor to believe and take it for granted, but to weigh and consider." - Francis Bacon

Riz

I don't think we can ever know if we are close to the end as the Quran says that it will happen all of a sudden.  Also, although our Sun isn't expected to die out anytime soon and the universe will probably go one for many billions of years before it crunches or dies in some other way, the Quran says that humans will still be present when the end comes.  I don't think humans will be around for billions of years, we would certainly have evolved into something else anyways.  God knows best.  So I think it can happen any time.  The Quran describes the Sun exploding and the moon crashing into the Sun, both of which we know will eventually happen, but again it is billions of years in the future, so I think the judgement isn't waiting for that, it will happen before those things can naturally happen.  Our knowledge of the universe and reality is very limited though, so it is impossible to know when it will happen or if it will be a natural course of events which will lead up to it.