Main Menu

What is the meaning of SuJuD according to The Quran? - new article

Started by Wakas, November 07, 2010, 12:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakas

peace all,

The meaning of SuJuD acknowledges The Quran

www.mypercept.co.uk/articles/meaning-of-SuJuD-from-Quran.html

Please post your feedback and/or any corrections here.

Thanks.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Mazhar

Quote from: Wakas on November 07, 2010, 12:16:46 PM
peace all,

The meaning of SuJuD acknowledges The Quran

www.mypercept.co.uk/articles/meaning-of-SuJuD-from-Quran.html

Please post your feedback and/or any corrections here.

Thanks.

Peace,

This is also there in the Qur'aan.

Have you noticed that man who advises/orally forbids a man/allegiant when he performs Salat? [96:09-10]

Nay, it is certain that if he did not incline himself to desist from forbidding performance of Salat, We will certainly drag him by the forelock; [96:15]

No, the better way is that you should not listen and accept the forbidding word of that man; and you prostrate and consciously incline yourself to get nearer [to your Sustainer Lord]. [96:19] [Please prostrate before Allah]

Surat Al-Alq-96

[url="http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm"]http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm[/url]

brook

Salaam.

Assuming this is the case, as is commonly understood, if they stand behind them then it proves slightly awkward positioning since those behind would have to face both ways in this situation, looking through/past those in front of them. Even if they were at the sides, thus not having to look through/past them, they could not be in front of them, to remain strictly true to the verse. The reason for facing both ways is that during traditional Muslim prayer one tends to look at the ground or not far in front of them, so in terms of these people acting as a lookout in case of attack is not practical. This positioning would be restrictive thus not ideal in a potential life and death situation, but it is plausible.

There is nothing awkward or impractical in the positioning of the group behind them, because they are not acting as a lookout. The army already have their special units around them acting as a lookout; they don't need another group to do the same duty. Please remember that Muhammed is a perfect commander (33:21, 3:121).

The first group then is simply waiting for the salaat to finish. When it is over, the whole army will move on together.

Peace,
Hasan Ak?ay

ths

Salaam, I skimmed it, and there is nothing wrong, per se, with your article, except of course for a few absences of logic (such as in kharra sujjadan).
But everyone who is remotely familiar with the language knows that the word has multiple meanings and connotations.

The more you struggle to find new meanings for all the words indicating physical salah, the more you will simply have to face the fact that you cannot reinvent the Arabic language to suit your desires. These words are deep, but together they are very clear on the form of salah.

Until you can face that fact, you will be doing nothing more than re-hashing what we already know, and reinventing the Quran to suit your needs. Of course, this is easily done by someone who knows no Arabic whatsoever, and has yet to understand how 3alaa is used in the language.

Now please write articles for the following words:

kharra - kh-r-r
Raka'a - r-k-3
qaama - q-w-m
فَاسْتَبِقُوا الْخَيْرَاتِ ۚ
So strive as in a race in all virtues!
5:48

Wakas

peace all,

Mazhar,
I can only assume you are attempting to make a link between "salat" mentioned in those verses and "SJD", or are implying I am deterring others from the "salat". If the former, it is weak and unevidenced, and if the latter, then simply untrue, as I recommend the "salat".

Hasan,
I can only assume you made up the part about there being other special units spread around (which I assume do not establish the salat), AND that the prophet being called a perfect commander, as there is no evidence for either. I should have been clearer, my article is based on what AQ actually says, not make believe.

ths,
The so-called "absence of logic" you mentioned fails to take into account the internal logic and coherence of AQ which helps us narrow down meanings and give us the most likely answer. It is a pity that in your article you failed to give a response to many of the sjd=prostration problems highlighted in this forum and in the article above.
I do not mind you claiming that I have no knowledge of Arabic, but you should be more accurate, I know "almost zero" Arabic. Of course, this has very little relevance to whether an understanding is correct however, as the proof is in the pudding, as they say.

####

It is heartening to see that Mazhar, Hasan and ths who presumably hold the view of sjd=prostration resort to ad hominen attacks, unevidenced claims and none tackle any of the points brought up in the article via evidence/logic based discussion. This suggests to me I'm on the right track  ;D
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

rraza

QuoteIt is heartening to see that Mazhar, Hasan and ths who presumably hold the view of sjd=prostration resort to ad hominen attacks, unevidenced claims and none tackle any of the points brought up in the article via evidence/logic based discussion. This suggests to me I'm on the right track  Grin

lol. i like the spirit brother
hell...is simply an absence of God

loxbox13

I actually like the way wakas thinks, and the logic in his thinking, doesn't mean he's always right,  but still, an open mind,

brook

I can only assume you made up the part about there being other special units spread around (which I assume do not establish the salat), AND that the prophet being called a perfect commander, as there is no evidence for either. I should have been clearer, my article is based on what AQ actually says, not make believe.

Salaam Wakas.

I have not made up the part about there being other special units spread around. For, it is a must in military operations to send a unit ahead and to leave a unit behind to act as a lookout. Muhammed was exemplary -اسوة- enough a commander (33:21) to know and implement the rule.

During one particular battle for example he did assign a unit to act as a lookout even while the bulk of the army were actively fighting. This is history, I know, and history cannot be allowed to do the work of Quranic verses, but it still tells us a lot of facts. Plus, this history is supported by the relevant verses such as 3:152-153.

As for the question whether they established the salaat on duty, that is irrelevant. It can be discussed separately.

Peace,
Hasan Ak?ay  

Wakas

peace Hasan,

Thanks for clarifying you did not use Quranic evidence.

The critical flaw in your speculation is that 4:102 itself says what to do so that the enemy does not rush upon you in one go, hence talks of two groups and taking of weapons etc thus IF what you propose was actually true and there were lookouts stationed about, it would render its advice irrelevant and illogical.

I recommend not trying to justify preconceived notions.

Mazhar

QuoteMazhar,
I can only assume you are attempting to make a link between "salat" mentioned in those verses and "SJD", or are implying I am deterring others from the "salat". If the former, it is weak and unevidenced, and if the latter, then simply untrue, as I recommend the "salat".

I pointed out the relevant verse where Salat and Prostration are mentioned, with reference to a person who propagates/forbids others to perform Salat. And it is advised not to listen him and instead direction is given to "Prostrate and get nearer".

Why one should presume it an attack unless he is guilty conscious, instead of considering it a reference of an occurrence which remained out of focus while studying the occurrences of sjd? May be taking this into account the whole perception gets changed.
[url="http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm"]http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm[/url]