News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

can a woman be a leader according to quran?

Started by princess, July 22, 2010, 05:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haroon

I agree with Wakas. There is nothing in the Quran prohibiting women from leading in any context, that includes prayer.

I wonder when our mosques will turn into inclusive spaces for men, women and children.

princess

thanks for the replies!

leyna, good read - i'm just going through all the articles right now. i agree that imran hosein's "conclusion" in the originally posted article is baseless at best as it is preposterous to assume that solomon, a man of great wisdom, would wage war based on GENDER of a nation's leader. since hosein has nothing to support his claim with he resorts to adding his ideas in the brackets:
Quote(Solomon) said: We shall see whether you speak the truth (concerning the rule of a woman over Saba, and their worship of the sun) or whether you are a liar.
i did my best writing as neutral OP as i could, but in reality this article got me boiling from the beginning :voodoo:  ;D

Leyna

Quote from: princess on July 23, 2010, 01:08:14 PM
leyna, good read - i'm just going through all the articles right now.

Hope I didn't spam your thread too much. :peace: But you caught me on a subject I've done a lot of thinking about. I've collected those texts over time since I find the texts that are usually found in mainstream literature about the subject quite frustrating.

Quote from: princess on July 23, 2010, 01:08:14 PM
since hosein has nothing to support his claim with he resorts to adding his ideas in the brackets

I noticed that too.  ::)

This dude is lacking in logic, caught up in his narrow-minded view of the world, and he seems to hate people standing up for women's rights with a vengeance.

I love how he links "the feminist revolution" to people committing "sexual intercourse in public like donkeys."

Alen

Peace,
Respect.

In UK, today, the prime minister is the leader and many other countries and the Queen here almost ha sno authority, I hear from people telling me that she is only a sa symbol and nothing else. I wonder hoe the message got lost. Queeen should be in charge, yes? Not Prime minister.

God know sbest.
Peace.
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

MUNZIR ALI

Quote from: Alen on August 27, 2010, 09:51:19 AM
Peace,
Respect.

In UK, today, the prime minister is the leader and many other countries and the Queen here almost ha sno authority, I hear from people telling me that she is only a sa symbol and nothing else. I wonder hoe the message got lost. Queeen should be in charge, yes? Not Prime minister.

God know sbest.
Peace.
In a constutional Monarchy the prime minister is in charge. EG:- Thatcher

Alen

Quote from: MUNZIR ALI on August 27, 2010, 09:57:44 AM
In a constutional Monarchy the prime minister is in charge. EG:- Thatcher
Peace,
Respect.

I'd much rather see Cheryl Cole here as the PM then Thatcher, Blair, Borwn and Cameron together.
God knows best.

Peace.
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

umzy01

Quote from: Alen on August 27, 2010, 09:51:19 AM
Peace,
Respect.

God know sbest.
Peace.

the Queen has no authority, years of inbreeding leading her to be born of royal blood isnt enough to give her right to rule, i'd say the same when/if prince charles becomes king too.

but as for women leading im all for it, i remember at my college islamic society women werent even allowed to talk, even if it was to ask a question let alone have any leading roles. how lame.

'What is wrong with you? How do you judge?
Or do you have another book which you study?
In it, you can find what you wish?'

QURAN 68:36-38

Emil

Goodmorning all

Forgive my ignorance, but is this the consensus of mainstream muslims? A woman cannot rule? I know female imams are like totally impossible it seems, but political rulers? Honest question here.

Because are they not putting themselves in a real pickle? hypothetical scenario; A muslim living in a secular state goes to vote in the election. He sees the Social Democrats want a system that looks after the sick and weak and not let a few get rich. The social democrats believe that, as a muslim, he has the right to practice his religion, they want to help minorities, they believe in equality etc. etc.

A lot of the social democratic philosophy is pretty much close to what he believes in as a muslim. So he wants to vote for them, but he can't....because the leader of the Social Democrat party is a WOMAN.

What is the scholaric ruling on that? Is he supposed to withdraw from the rest of society and not vote? What happens if the Social Democrats win the election? Is he supposed to just ignore the new political ruling because the leader is female, even though he agrees with what she is saying?