Author Topic: Meaning of Khatam an Nabiyeen  (Read 6071 times)

almarh0m

• Truth Seeker
Re: Meaning of Khatam an Nabiyeen
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 09:26:39 PM »
Peace be with you

checked the verses u posted, they all seem to mean colse/seal/end/block  to me, some of them are verbes in futur , nakhtimou,  some of them are verbs in past,  khatama ,  but it's all about closing
like nakhtimou ala afwahihoum,   we close/seal their mouths so they cannot talk
that's how it sounds to me
and even if muhammed isn't a name of a person,  it sounds like the verse is talking about a person, a prophet, to whom is attributed this word, muhammad.

Please look up the root of "Kha-Ta-Mim" and the listed meanings . If you translate and understand what is muhammad , then you will know that it is a definition of Khatam . Seal , Mark , and Characteristics of every prophet is muhammad . There is no mystery to 33:40 for all those who are seeking the truth from Allah . Every prophet/messenger/warner is a muhammad .

Peace

almarh0m
"He who Created me, it is He who Guides me"

antibhondo

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 09:29:49 PM »
The duty of the messenger except to deliver
it can be explained also as the duty is only to deliver, meaning don't force them to accept,  or no tyrany, except with tongue
Again, the people of the prophet understood the language of the quran, word per word, it was their language, and their style in speach,  i don't see why would the prophet explain the meaning of words to them
u understood this text i'm posting for u ,  why would u need me to explain to you what i am writing, for you right now ? 
if we take the hadiths as the words of the prophet,  u can see clearly that the words in hadiths has nothing to do wth the language of the quran, meaning the hadiths weren't the prophet's speach,  the language of the prophet is the language of the quran.

Assalamu Alaikum.
It was a very interesting comment. Thank you.
Hadiths represents the practical life of Muhammad (sm) consisting of his sayings and his deeds. All these deeds and sayings were controlled by the WAHY. Allah told us to obey/follow Muhammad (sm). If you are confirm that these hadiths honestly represent our Muhammad (sm), then these will be incumbent upon you. If, somehow you are not sure of that, please keep them aside for the time being. You are right, you are nohow commanded to follow Bukhari or Muslim or the like.

I belive in the transmission source of Al-QURAN. Whoever transmitted the QURAN to other person knew how important is how Mohammad (SM) prayed. If he was honest in transmitting Quran, he must have honestly transmitted the method of Salat also. And the first generation transmitted Quran and what they learnt from Muhammad (sm) to the next generation as a daily practice as commanded by the Quran. It, then, must be a part of their culture. You can understand by comparing the views of Shias and Sunnis about Salat. They disagree in so many points. But they do not disagree in the basic points of traditional Salat. Somebody in this forum called it visual transmission. I liked the term.

If I believe in the source, I must believe both Al-Quran, and the method of Salat.
(You know, Al-Quran could have been manipulated. Who told you it was not? I can tell you that somebody has changed some ayats (mention any) and then he has injected the ayats that say that Allah's ayats cannot be changed, or Allah will preserve this Ayats.)

loxbox13

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 12:00:20 AM »
Peace be with you

Please look up the root of "Kha-Ta-Mim" and the listed meanings . If you translate and understand what is muhammad , then you will know that it is a definition of Khatam . Seal , Mark , and Characteristics of every prophet is muhammad . There is no mystery to 33:40 for all those who are seeking the truth from Allah . Every prophet/messenger/warner is a muhammad .

Peace

almarh0m
sounds weird to me,  so , moses is muhammad, and abraham is muhammad and noah is muhammad  ,  who is the one who brought the quran ?  there are 4 times the word muhamad is mentioned, and they all related to the quran, explain more your view, because for now you are using only one aya by itself. i can't see it as an attribute and not a name, just like surah muhammad.

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 02:11:16 AM »
Salaam,

sounds weird to me,  so , moses is muhammad, and abraham is muhammad and noah is muhammad  ,  who is the one who brought the quran ?  there are 4 times the word muhamad is mentioned, and they all related to the quran, explain more your view, because for now you are using only one aya by itself. i can't see it as an attribute and not a name, just like surah muhammad.

That means no Prophet has a son  ??? as per 33:40? How about Ibrahim (AS), Zacharia (AS)? They also don't have son?

And also every Prophet is AlRasool  ??? as per 33:40?

May Allah guide us all towards the Truth.  :pr
Mohammed M. Khan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

abdalquran

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 02:14:29 AM »
Quran isn't a book of history or it would be a contradiction with 83/13. Therefore it is possible to have a Muhammad now. Muhammad is a character trait which seals the Prophets. So if we have a nabiy, he would display the personality of 'Muhammad' (invoking hamd or a deep positive feeling of relief and gratitude). There are 3 other ayat which shows how Muhammad is a characteristic:

1. 3/144 - if the personality which invokes this feeling dies off, then the believers would fall into disarray.

2. 47/4 - this personality is linked to what is descended and al-haqq. Al-haqq is what is reactive against bathil (13/17 and 21/18 and 17/81). So he actually invokes transformation

3. 48/29 - this personality invokes the enactment of tawrat and injeel which effectively makes the believers uppermost.

It is very interesting to note which suras Muhammad appears in. The themes of the suras tell us much.
Farouk A. Peru