Author Topic: What are the important factors in a marriage relationship  (Read 8283 times)

Submitterwife

• Beginner/Inquirer
What are the important factors in a marriage relationship
« on: March 24, 2010, 06:39:13 PM »
Communication, trust, love, mercy, forgiveness... what are the ingredients to a happy marriage in your opinion and how do you strive to keep those qualitites in your marriage ??  :)

RA786

• Truth Seeker
Re: What are the important factors in a marriage relationship
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 07:30:16 PM »
To me I feel Patience, Prayer, and a Constant/Consistant Striving is the Key.

Also It is important to Spritually Grow Together. I believe that this is one of the MAJOR issues with Sunni'sm and Shia'sm.
You will find that in most traditionalist relationships the Man is move Active within his Islamic Community/Masjid.
You will also find that the man is usually attending Prayer/Quran Reading/etc while the women are stuck doing Dunya type tasks.

This is not only harmful spirtually, but also in the Relationship. I believe in Islam one of the Key's to keeping a Good Islamic Marriage is to GROW togeather.
This means Attending the Masjid Prayers Together, Reading Quran togeather, and Asking/Answering/Sharing Interpretations-Theory's Togeather.
  That way you two will Spiritually Evolve and Grow togeather Thus Bonding your Halal relationship Stronger.

And its not only a problem with sunni's or Shia...or Only males or Only Females. it can happen to Any couple where One is Spirutally Out-growing the other.

Spritual Growth at the same pace Id say is a Great Important Ingrediant to a happy marriage.
I constantly Question my wife on what she believes and sharing any new discoverys/theories I or she has.

Submitterwife

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 01:37:50 PM »
 ;D
Good point.. Thats a really wonderful issue that so easily becomes overlooked.

nsws1988

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 02:04:51 PM »
Salam

I'm not married (sigh) but I find that communication is very important. That way you can both provide for each other emotionally and, hopefully, be happy  :D

darcus

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 06:01:57 AM »
Salamun alaikum,

Communication is absolutely key to everything.

and one thing which people in this day and age seem to lack - that is the ability to compromise, for EACH other.  It is this lack of compromise, lack of empathy in relationships where selfish desires take over that the divorce rates are going through the roof.

Do just one thing a day to make your partner smile...

Peace
d
May God grant us with knowledge and the wisdom to wield it.
May He guide us to the straight path

Submitterwife

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 11:58:32 AM »
Thanks everyone for there imput :)

SarahY

• Global Moderator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 03:46:18 PM »
I'm not married but i'll give you my perspective

- trust. with trust, it's important for others not to interfere/influence (in a bad way) with the couples personal affairs. so i guess they should also trust each other to be open.
- patience/tolerance. two different people don't always have the exact same interests so space is needed sometimes too.
- flowing in the same direction is important, spiritual growth fits there
- communication definitely which was mentioned. i think with communication knowing each other's expectations/roles is important.

you all pretty much mentioned that..

if you have liking/chemistry and you're both willing to compromise and work together than is there any reason for it not to be a happy marriage? that being said no one is happy 24-7, if you don't expect stuff ups/disagreements etc then you're bound to be disappointed

We all have blind spots.
Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
ambiguity is there for a reason, why do you think?
We're all different, so how can we all be equal?

jaythikay99

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 03:59:49 PM »
Communication, trust, love, mercy, forgiveness... what are the ingredients to a happy marriage in your opinion and how do you strive to keep those qualitites in your marriage ??  :)

I don't know...  :peace:

nsws1988

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 04:05:04 PM »
I don't know...  :peace:

Thank you for your input  :handshake:

RA786

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 07:24:45 PM »
Be: Mentally, Physically, Spiritually, Emotionally, Sexually,Financially Availiable to your partner -Always striving to meet their every needs.

If any of the above needs are not being met, please advise your parnter and Collectivly/Creativly Work Togeather to meet these mutual goals.
As along as the Wife submits to the Husband (rightiously executing all of these tasks) and the Husband Submits to his wife (rightiously executing all of these tasks) There should be no major problem within the relationship and inshallah It will Grow to be the greatest relationship.

Above All..... PRAY to ALLAH to bless your relationship.

Also, For Me... I feel that My wife must go above and beyond being a "Wife"....She must Be My Accountent (watching my financial moves and advising me on what Financial deals to make for my families best interest), She must be my Co-Worker (always striving to work in union for my family similar to a company), She is to be my Best Friend (who I seek advise from and should counsel me on personal confedential matters...i.e. My inner most intimate secretes), She must also be like a Mother in the sense of always looking to comfort me, She is my personal Intimate woman who entertains me and saticfies my sexual desires (halal of course) and She is my Sister  in Islam (a Decendent of Adam and a child of Earth who submits to Allah)

She is to Ultimately be the combination/manifestation of all the people most of society looks else where for.
and I am all of the Above Captioned for her...I am Equally Her husband (and the above mentioned).

I think as long as people think like that....There would be Less  Adultery, less Divorce, and Less Problems.
I think The person who you should seek the most is your spouse.