News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

dress code on the beach

Started by herbman, June 07, 2009, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herbman

Hi all,

As summer is coming, and reading about an article about women dress code, I was wondering what are your thought about "dress code on the beach", I know seems maybe obvious for some, but still, everyone should enjoy of God's creation and going to swim in the sea is one of them.

Here is an example of "correct" dressing:

http://www.swimmingfunstore.com/arena-woman-combi.html

Thanks for your replies

TheNabi

Peace

I agree that it is fine to wear what you show in the link but it seems more proper in the venue of sports. Still, why is there only female attire here? I wonder why women tend to take prominence when people talk about the "dress code". I think guys want to mould women to their visions and I would like to think a lady can make her own decisions when it comes to dressing properly. How many men would want women telling them what they should wear?

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

aynur

Quote from: herbman on June 07, 2009, 01:47:12 PM
Hi all,

As summer is coming, and reading about an article about women dress code, I was wondering what are your thought about "dress code on the beach", I know seems maybe obvious for some, but still, everyone should enjoy of God's creation and going to swim in the sea is one of them.

Here is an example of "correct" dressing:

http://www.swimmingfunstore.com/arena-woman-combi.html

Thanks for your replies

Peace,
That's freaking EXPENSIVE!! 

I personally would be more comfortable in having most of my legs and arms covered, otherwise I'd feel quite naked. 
Splashgear has women's suits that look cooler than the Burquini things. 

SarahY

it is expensive

i swim in my clothes! with a scarf even

Don't impose dress code into your decisions of "enjoyment"
We all have blind spots.
Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
ambiguity is there for a reason, why do you think?
We're all different, so how can we all be equal?

Alen

Peace,
Respectfully.

24:30 Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and keep covered their private parts, for that is purer for them. God is fully aware of what you do.

24:31 And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and keep covered their private parts, and that they should not reveal their beauty except what is apparent, and let them put forth their shawls over their cleavage. And let them not reveal their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or the sons of their brothers, or the sons of their sisters, or their women, or those committed to them by oath, or the male servants who are without need, or the child who has not yet understood the composition of women. And let them not strike with their feet in a manner that reveals what they are keeping hidden of their beauty. And repent to God, all of you believers, that you may succeed.

Peace,
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

TheNabi

Peace

Quotei swim in my clothes! with a scarf even

I'm quite the opposite. I either swim naked or in trunks. I hate the sticky feeling and the slowing down I get when all those clothes get wet on me, like getting caught in the rain going somewhere without an umbrella.  ;D

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

Elke

i live in Morocco and at the beach you can see just about anything, from small bikinis (not too many), to sporty swimsuits with or without leggings (mostly) to ladies going into the water with full dress (not many either, many of these ladies just sit sweating in the sun, serving food and drink and watching the guys enjoy...)

but the full dressed ladies, when coming out of the water do not look less sexy than the others...all that wet cloth clinging to their bodies  ;)

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery ; none but ourselves can free our minds"
(Bob Marley, Redemption Song)

jaythikay99

Quote from: Elke on June 09, 2009, 06:41:33 PM

but the full dressed ladies, when coming out of the water do not look less sexy than the others...all that wet cloth clinging to their bodies  ;)

estaghfirullahi 3atheem..... these women should have separate beaches where men and lesbians shouldn't be allowed to go...

almarh0m

Quote from: RasulHamsa on June 09, 2009, 07:02:57 PM
estaghfirullahi 3atheem..... these women should have separate beaches where men and lesbians shouldn't be allowed to go...

Is this for real ? Wherever we are , we should wear the appropriate attire , for me on the beach , a speedo  ;D
"He who Created me, it is He who Guides me"

savage_carrot

Anyone wearing a speedo is fair game...for being the butt of jokes that is (see what I did there?!?) :P
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.